GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

How was the order of the extra purchased picks with Front Office investments determined? I missed that part...

but on the face of it it appears that it was laid out in order of first round pick placement, with the exception of my club, picking 3rd overall, somehow falls behind EDM and TOR picking 8th and 9th overall. 

Probably something I am missing, but was there a mini lottery I missed? or something else? Every team is in the correct order based on first round pick ranking..except mine. befuddled face emoji.

edit: I think i see it now, you are basing the order off the original ranking the way the season ended, I guess.

On 5/31/2024 at 3:46 PM, Optimist Prime said:

How was the order of the extra purchased picks with Front Office investments determined? I missed that part...

but on the face of it it appears that it was laid out in order of first round pick placement, with the exception of my club, picking 3rd overall, somehow falls behind EDM and TOR picking 8th and 9th overall. 

Probably something I am missing, but was there a mini lottery I missed? or something else? Every team is in the correct order based on first round pick ranking..except mine. befuddled face emoji.

edit: I think i see it now, you are basing the order off the original ranking the way the season ended, I guess.

Reverse order of standings. Anti tank system doesn't apply to extra picks.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

WHO WILL BE THE VERY FIRST GFL CHAMPION?

With game 1 of the finals set to kick off on June 8th, we now know it will come down to @Relyt Krets & @Lethunder for the chance to take down the very first GFL Championship!.. And boy is it going to be a great series. No team have a major edge going in. Tampa Bay are slight favorites (4.7pts), but that can change after just 1 game.

Lightning: (42.79 projected)

Aaron Ekblad

Matthew Tkachuk 

Vs

Golden Knights: (38.09 projected)

Evan Rodrigues

Evan Bouchard 

Derek Ryan

Good luck fellas.. It should be a nail biter right down to the very end!!!

Screenshot_20240603_152848_Sheets.thumb.jpg.576db191adbb2b2fa14bc9cdda5f6563.jpg

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

@Relyt Krets and @Lethunder are two fantasy league titans, this inaugural season championship is actually pretty epic taking in the entire history of fantasy hockey on CDC and now the Canucksfanforum.com 

I can't wait to see who will claw their way to the CUP!! Congrats to the two of you on building great clubs from the ground up, I think this is going to be tight and probably come down to the final game!

• Like 2

• Gator changed the title to GFL 2023-24 (SEA & MTL Available)

@Grinch, welcome to the GFL!!

Make yourself at home. Edmonton eh? not a bad roster!

quick notes while they are on my mind:

~you will have till next summer to sign any of your Unsigned Prospects, so no rush there.

~you have Mats Sogaard, Yegor Zamula, Rasmus Sandin, Reese Johnson, Connor McMichael, Lukas Reichel, Michael Rasmussen and Cole Sillinger as expiring Restricted Free Agent contracts...so they need a qualifying offer to keep their rights within a few weeks.
~Denis Gurianov, Noah Hanifin and Riley Stillman are expiring Unrestricted Free Agents that will need to have decent offers sent in to agents in order to keep them within a few weeks time.

~very managable roster for a new GM, glad you picked Edmonton, it in good shape with a great lineup.

Some resources I like to share with new GM's: 
Elite Prospects: here is a link to one of your players there you can search any NHL player or prospect on it, generally and get good details.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/424496/connor-mcmichael

I like to check TSN NHL on their Injury List to see who is hurt from time to time
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

and of course our discord you have...

oh and Fantrax is a great resource, not just a tracking site for our game scores/points. Someone should be reaching out to you to sign you onto our League Fantrax page soon.

Thanks for joining and hit me up or anyone really, all good people, with any questions. It is a steep learning curve, but you have time to get the important things done and then all summer to read up on the details. This is one of the most fun hobbies I have ever come across and have been playing in the fantasy forums of CDC and now these forums for over a dozen years. Well worth it, imo. 

Cheers

P.O>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gator said:

HIRING

The Edmonton Oilers have hired @Grinch as their new GM!

Welcome to the league!

Welcome, @Grinch! I am the GM of the Florida Panthers (your IRL cup foe). Please reach out if you would like to talk trade or have any inquiries/questions about my assets. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 1

NEW TEAM SHEETS

Please check out the new team sheets and check for errors. Just poted link in the "important links" section of our discord channel. I took my time transferring everything over, but anything can happen with such a big swap of data. 

I will leave the old team sheets up until July 1st (won't be used for updates) to go back to for reference.

I will try and get to the first wave of contract talks tomorrow, and when I'm 100% certain sheets are good trades will be allowed (hopefully tomorrow sometime)

Cheers!

LINK FOR THOSE NOT ON DISCORD

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_4p-nG7wWURf1elV9byKVSbNwSk492KaJRX3ozzjRs/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please post current lineups to be updated to your team sheets. This will be used as a guide to see if players will fit certain roles with your club during contract talks.

With team morale coming into effect this upcoming season free agency will work a little different. However, since things cannot carry over from last year we don't have enough data to utilize it. For this reason this free agency period will be based of things like it has all season

Term

Money

Role

PR Budget

Team situation

etc

Any questions feel free to ask

Nashville current lineup leading into the off season:

Gaudreau - Point - Gourde

Jenner - Trocheck - __________

Hathaway - Dowd - __________

Malenstyn - Dewar - O'Connor

Glendening - Acciari

Sergachev - Carlson

Graves - Durzi

Middleton - __________

Burroughs

Grubauer - Ersson

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Couple things to note.

Cap space in New Sheets still reflect cap for the 2023-24 season, so that will be increasing as soon as official 2024-25 numbers are released.

also your 2024 draft picks have been moved to the far right in the draft history section. 2025 & 2026 draft picks are now up top. 2026 draft picks CANNOT be dealt until July 1st 12am pst.

Vancouver Canuck Lines

?????? - J. Hughes - D. Mercer

?????? - L. Couture - R. Strome

D. Holloway - ?????? - ??????

B. Tanev - ?????? - A. Nylander

?????? - ??????

O. Zellweger - J. Petry

B. Chiarot - ??????

?????? - ??????

C. Murphy

J. Binnington 

??????

Expected to fight for spots

F Sean Farrell

F David Goyette

F Amadeus Lombardi

F Jordan Dumais

F Ville Koivunen

F Aatu Raty

D Alexander Nikishin

D Simon Nemec

D David Jiricek

G Yaroslav Askarov

• Like 1

CALGARY FLAMES PROJECTED 2024/25 LINEUP

Matt Boldy - Brock Nelson - Robert Thomas 

Yegor Sharangovich - Mason McTavish - Cutter Gauthier

Alex Killorn - Phillip Danault - ?????

Cole Smith - Sean Kuraly - ?????

Cam Fowler - ?????

Mario Ferraro - Alexandre Carrier

Declan Chisholm - Ville Heinola

Parker Wotherspoon - Brayden Pachal

Joseph Woll

?????

Contenders to Make Roster

- Calum Ritchie

- Isak Rosen

Luca Del Bel Belluz

Zachary L'Heureux

Emil Heineman

Samuel Bolduc

Ville Ottavainen

Santeri Hatakka

• Like 2

NYI Projected Roster - 2024/25

Frank Vatrano - Bo Horvat - Zach Hyman

Taylor Hall - Thomas Novak - ___?___

Andrei Kuzmenko - Ryan Johansen - ___?___

Alex Kerfoot - Casey Cizikas - Nathan Bastian

Quinn Hughes - John Marino

___?___ - Adam Boqvist

___?___ - ___?___

___?___

Dan Vladar

Battling for Spots:

Zack Ostapchuk

Max Sasson

Samuel Poulin

Akito Hirose

Vincent Iorio

Roman Schmidt

Shai Buium

David Rittich

• Like 2

On 6/3/2024 at 11:36 AM, Gator said:

WHO WILL BE THE VERY FIRST GFL CHAMPION?

With game 1 of the finals set to kick off on June 8th, we now know it will come down to @Relyt Krets & @Lethunder for the chance to take down the very first GFL Championship!.. And boy is it going to be a great series. No team have a major edge going in. Tampa Bay are slight favorites (4.7pts), but that can change after just 1 game.

Lightning: (42.79 projected)

Aaron Ekblad

Matthew Tkachuk 

Vs

Golden Knights: (38.09 projected)

Evan Rodrigues

Evan Bouchard 

Derek Ryan

Good luck fellas.. It should be a nail biter right down to the very end!!!

Screenshot_20240603_152848_Sheets.thumb.jpg.576db191adbb2b2fa14bc9cdda5f6563.jpg

Couldn't be up against a better guy! @Relyt Krets hope this one comes right down to the wire. Game 7 overtime, edge of our seats action!

Good luck buddy!!

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Gator said:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please post current lineups to be updated to your team sheets. This will be used as a guide to see if players will fit certain roles with your club during contract talks.

Dallas Stars Offseason Depth Chart
for obvious reasons, this is pencilled in at best, with Drafting, Free Agency, and Pre-Season Trades the Offseason is a time of flux for every GFL team.

Filip Forsberg, Leo Carlsson, Troy Terry
*Quinton Byfield, Tomas Hertl, __________

____________, Pontus Holmberg, *Oskar Sundqvist

Michael Pezzetta, Mark Kastelic, Walker Duehr

Luke Hughes, Seth Jones

Darnell Nurse, *Darren Raddysh
Esa Lindell, Matthew Kessel

Dakota Mermis, Conor Timmins

Filip Gustavsson

Karel Vejmelka

* Denotes players with pending offers

Texas Stars