GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

image.png

Hi guys, Agent Rick here. I am ready to start taking offers for any of the following UFA's you may have interest in. Remember, we need term, AAV, any NTC/NMC and any short narrative as to why there would be a good fit with your team. Offers should be sent via PM on CFFGFL. Wish you all well in this endeavor and let's get going.

Ryan Lindgren
Gustav Forsling
Daniel Sprong
Viktor Arvidsson
Michael McCarron
Jordan Martinook
Tyler Johnson
Mikael Backlund
Anze Kopitar
Matt Duchene
Tyler Myers
Jordan Eberle
Nick Foligno
Anthony Duclair
Marco Scandella
Dominik Kubalik
Joel Edmundson
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrana

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

image.jpeg.2226e6d95b9551e1e4f17b9d09c7ffc6.jpeg

Agency Services is open for business, and to start off the Free Agency period of July I have a list of 20 clients who are seeking offers. As Gator mentioned there may not be replies for a few days as we allow offers to come in and be collated...after that replies will be sent to all who reached out. Thank you for your patience. once these first 20 or so with each agent have cycled through and accepted an offer, the next tranche of Free Agents will be posted. 

Clients in Free Agency at this time:

Victor Olofsson

Marcus Foligno
Max Domi

Simon Benoit

Carter Savoie
William Carrier

Ben Hutton

Tyler Madden

Calvin Pickard

Alex Vlassic
Alexander Wennberg

Kasperi Kapanen

Tomas Tatar

Corey Perry

Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Jack Roslovic

Ian Cole

Phil Kessel

Tyler Pitlick

Warren Foegele

David Perron

I am ready to start taking offers for any of the following UFA's you may have interest in. Remember, we need term, AAV, any NTC/NMC and any short narrative as to why there would be a good fit with your team. Offers should be sent via PM on CFFGFL. 

Brendan Lemieux
Brady Skjei
Oliver Kylington
Scott Wedgewood
Justin Bailey
P.E. Bellemare
Mark Giordano
Zach Aston-Reese
Matt Irwin
Kevin Labanc
Trevor Lewis
Shayne Gostisbehere
Matt Grzelcyk
Colin Miller
Dylan DeMelo
Tanner Pearson
Matt Martin
Antti Raanta
Troy Stecher
Milan Lucic

Patrick Kane **** Added later

Edited by PeteyBOI

GATOR'S AGENCY

Jason Zucker

Matt Dumba

John Klingberg

Anthony Mantha

TJ Brodie

Brenden Dillon

Patrick Maroon

Christopher Tanev

Brandon Montour

Erik Johnson

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Justin Schultz

Tyson Barrie

Tom Wilson

Ethan Bear

Kevin Shattenkirk

Nick Seeler

William Lagesson

Nikita Zaitsev

GFL FREE AGENCY 2024

July 1st is finally upon us!.. Happy Canada day everyone!!! 🥳🇨🇦

But more importantly happy free agency day! 😅

You can see the current list of free agents on our spreadsheet in the free agents tab. RFAs that have been qualified will have their names highlighted red, those that have not will be moved to the UFA section soon. I just have to go through thread an get last minute moves before doing that.

There are 4 agents, and they all have been given specific clients to kick off the initial wave of talks with. You can see that on the free agents tab as well. If a player is currently repped by an agent they will have their previous aav highlighted with that agents color code. If they don't have their aav highlighted they are not being shopped by an agent atm.. As players sign agents will pick up more clients until there are no more clients to take on.

There will be 3 phases for contract negotiations.

Phase 1: This phase will simply be posting their availability and sitting back and taking offers for 48-72 hours before proceeding to phase 2.

Phase 2: This is the negotiation phase where most (if not all) of the negotiating is done. When a player enters this phase they are ready to talk specifics, and possibly create a bit of a bidding war if there's enough interested parties. This phase can last anywhere from hours, to days, to even weeks, depending on how many teams are interested, and how active the bidding war gets.

Phase 3: Phase 3 is the final phase. When a player enters phase 3 it means they are making a decision between 2+ offers. Most times a decision will be made, but if things are truly too close the agent may offer the teams to give 1 final blind offer to decide who gets the player. A new team can come in at this time and give a blind offer to try and outbid the other teams, but they'd be doing it blind (outside of vague info agents may have leaked in thread) with no previous negotiation taken place in the initial 2 phases.

REMINDER #1:

There is NO such thing as a m-ntc in GFL. There are just NTC (10 team list) & NMC (3 team list). I know majority have asked for m-ntc to be a thing going forward, and I did seriously consider it. However the current set up just makes a lot more sense to go with when team morale becomes a factor at the midway point of the season which is why I decided to keep the current setup. I know it's not ideal to a lot of you atm, but I just ask you give it a shot and see how it works when morale gets tied into. 

REMINDER #2:

You can only sign a player to 6 years max unless you're the last team to hold their rights. If you are you can sign them up to a maximum of 8 years.

Hope that covers everything. Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck everyone!.. and congrats again on the championship run @Lethunder!

Got what it takes to run it b2b?

• Like 1

IMPORTANT INFO

RFAs from the following teams are not eligible for offersheets at this time as future of clubs are being discussed among the exec group.

NJD

CBJ

OTT

Will hopefully have announcement on this situation by end of day. For now their unqualified RFAs remain RFAs, and cannot be offersheeted.

@Robert Paulson - OTT

@RockemSockem - NJD

@ArtemChubarov - CBJ

Need to hear back from you 3 in the next 24 hours or you will face potential termination. Haven't heard from any of you in quite some time and teams were not maintained leading up to free agency. If we do not hear from you in the next 24 hours we may have to terminate you and make necessary roster moves to prevent team from losing too many assets to FA. This is to try and help keep the league balanced, and keep vacant teams somewhat attractive to new GMs potentially coming in.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

Please note we have started adding players that we have not added to the free agency selection so check out lists for updates 🙂

I see Kane, is that the only current addition? Will they be clearly marked? Lists of names are my kryptonite as someone with dyslexia 

52 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I see Kane, is that the only current addition? Will they be clearly marked? Lists of names are my kryptonite as someone with dyslexia 

David Perron has been added as one more of my clients
Patrick Kane has been added to Petryboi's client list

Steven Stamkos has been added to Rick Blight's client list

as far as i know that is all the current additions.