[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

The collision between Fleury and Kozari looked very scary. Glad to hear that hopefully Kozari will be OK. At first glance though, did Fleury not see the official in his periphery? The official was skating backwards but Fleury was skating forward, how is it that he did not see him at all to the point where he hit him full on?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/spring-housecleaning-ottawa-senators-fire-their-head-of-pro-scouting/ar-BB1le2Uu?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=de23b479af694a4a84220c6c078961d6&ei=22

"

Ottawa Senators president of hockey ops and general manager Steve Staios has announced the firing of professional scouts, Rob Murphy and Jim Clark. Murphy had been the club's head pro scout since last fall, when he took over from Clark.

“We wish both Jim and Rob the best going forward and thank them for their contributions to the organization,” Staios said in a club statement on April 6th.

-----------------------------------

mal

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Does it the right way, unlike that popsicle moron.

He's def one of the few pure power forwards in today's game 

• Like 1

Guentzel has really worked out for Carolina and been an impact player for them since stepping in, I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to play them in the first round 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Guentzel has really worked out for Carolina and been an impact player for them since stepping in, I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to play them in the first round 

Quite the dropoff from 2 to 3 in that division.

Carolina is going to be 20 points up on the current 3 seed Islanders after their win today.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Quite the dropoff from 2 to 3 in that division.

Carolina is going to be 20 points up on the current 3 seed Islanders after their win today.

East in general seems more top heavy this season, which has left those bottom spots wide open

Every western team in a spot has 90+ points whereas 85 has the Isles in the 7th seed out east

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

East in general seems more top heavy this season, which has left those bottom spots wide open

Every western team in a spot has 90+ points whereas 85 has the Isles in the 7th seed out east

True.

But even in the Atlantic the dropoff between the Panthers and Leafs is only 5 points. (2 point drop in the Central, 6 in the Pacific)

The Metro is the weakest division by far.

19 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Dude is a menace, had a goal and SIXTEEN hits

My daughter was at that game so watched it intently. Again, as per usual, Tkachuk impressed the hell out of me. Hell of a hockey player. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

True.

But even in the Atlantic the dropoff between the Panthers and Leafs is only 5 points. (2 point drop in the Central, 6 in the Pacific)

The Metro is the weakest division by far.

Def, and that probably won't change any time soon with both the Caps and Pens starting to turn things over

Philly too, and maybe NYI to a degree sooner than later

Rags and Canes are the big fish, I expect the Devils to bounce back though

16 minutes ago, Rekker said:

My daughter was at that game so watched it intently. Again, as per usual, Tkachuk impressed the hell out of me. Hell of a hockey player. 

Absolutely, he's def the leader for that team

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yep. If things hadn't worked out with a new Petey deal... well you know.

I'm happy with Petey, though I do like Tkachuk, he fills a more important role here imo

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Def, and that probably won't change any time soon with both the Caps and Pens starting to turn things over

Philly too, and maybe NYI to a degree sooner than later

Rags and Canes are the big fish, I expect the Devils to bounce back though

Absolutely, he's def the leader for that team

I'm happy with Petey, though I do like Tkachuk, he fills a more important role here imo

Petey is great. Petey needs Brady on his wing. 

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That'd be awesome, every team wants a Brady though 

Be interesting to see what they do with the top six going forward 

I don't think Lindholm stays and I question whether Mikheyev will be more than a middle six tweener even once he's had a healthy offseason of training 

It's basically Petey, Boeser, Miller and Hoglander and a couple question marks going into the offseason

47 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think we have the assets required to get him, but I've said he'd be so perfect for Petey and the type of player we need more of for this division as well. 

• MillerTime 1