[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

Apparently Connor McDavid has a lower body injury and is day to day. Likely to miss the game against Vegas, but I'll be surprised if he's not in the lineup on Saturday night.

I suppose a win for both the Canucks and Golden Knights might make them decide to take no chances, but it's hard to imagine them giving up on first place at this point.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently Connor McDavid has a lower body injury and is day to day. Likely to miss the game against Vegas, but I'll be surprised if he's not in the lineup on Saturday night.

I suppose a win for both the Canucks and Golden Knights might make them decide to take no chances, but it's hard to imagine them giving up on first place at this point.

If they lose both the Knights and Coyotes game, and 1st in the Division is out of reach, I could see them resting him a few more days in preparation for the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

If they lose both the Knights and Coyotes game, and 1st in the Division is out of reach, I could see them resting him a few more days in preparation for the playoffs.

That would probably be the smart play....

In a perfect world, the Canucks will have clinched the division after the Calgary game. Then they can keep some of the big guns at home and send Juuls, PDG, Arhsdeep, etc., to Winnipeg.

27 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That would probably be the smart play....

In a perfect world, the Canucks will have clinched the division after the Calgary game. Then they can keep some of the big guns at home and send Juuls, PDG, Arhsdeep, etc., to Winnipeg.

If we beat the Coyotes and Oilers (our next 2 games), and Oilers loses 2 of their next 3, we clinched the division. We can start resting even on the Calgary game at home.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

If we beat the Coyotes and Oilers (our next 2 games), and Oilers loses 2 of their next 3, we clinched the division. We can start resting even on the Calgary game at home.

Not sure how far you'd want to take that...Don't want players getting rusty either.

If that happened, I'd probably sit a few guys for the Calgary game, but more of the middle guys, like Garland, Hronek, Hogs, etc.... The key for me, would be to avoid putting Petey, Huggy, Miller and Brock on that charter to Winterpeg.

EDIT: In fact, I might rest the pair of Huggy and Hronek. Juuls and Friedman  can make the trip.....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

And surrender the all-important Art Ross Trophy???

Blasphemy! :classic_wink:

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

And surrender the all-important Art Ross Trophy???

Blasphemy! :classic_wink:

Not sure what he has on his mind, but if I were in his place, I could careless about Art Ross, Hart, Rocket Richard etc. because he has won it all. What he hasn't had is a cup, and if it come at the expense of an Art Ross trophy for one season, I would take it. However, if he cares about the Art Ross trophy more than the Cup, then that speaks volume of what he prioritize.

• ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Flyers getting embarrassed by the lowly Habs. Torts must be frothing at the mouth. 

Right after he called out his goaltenders but then tried to praise them at the same time. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Flyers imploding as their playoff hopes are evaporating 

1 of 4 teams trying to avoid playoffs lol

1 hour ago, RJCF96 said:

Not sure what he has on his mind, but if I were in his place, I could careless about Art Ross, Hart, Rocket Richard etc. because he has won it all. What he hasn't had is a cup, and if it come at the expense of an Art Ross trophy for one season, I would take it. However, if he cares about the Art Ross trophy more than the Cup, then that speaks volume of what he prioritize.

My joke was more about how it has been over the years, as the team was doing everything they could to get him points since they couldn't consistently win games enough to matter.

Been different this year though, so who knows.