[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Doesn't the Kings loss all but guarantee Canucks will face the Preds. If Vegas surpasses Nashville in points they just take the 3rd Pacific spot and LA takes the 2nd Wild Card and faces Dallas

Yup. Kings and Knights are fighting to see who gets to beat the McBaby Whiner Soilers in round one. 

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Kings and Knights are fighting to see who gets to beat the McBaby Whiner Soilers in round one. 

I wonder what dumb thing Kane will do to lose EDM the series? 

• ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

What a massive win by WAS tonight.  Blanking BOS is no small feat.  Could be the win that gives them their playoff berth.

Without Ovi putting up points too, and they held them to 16 shots 

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

Maybe the homers on here can finally stop trying to even remotely comparing McDavid and Petey now lol.  The guy is generational. Period. 100 assists in a single season.  Incredible.

Credit to Kucherov too... another supreme talent of this generation.  

He could finish with more assists than a Canuck has points, all it'd take is a couple bigger games 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Zombieksa said:

Man, I'm torn on the last spot in the east. 

Crosby deserves the playoffs
Ovi also doesn't have many shots left at the playoffs
My parents are redwings fans and I live in S. Ontario near Detroit in the warzone of Detroit and Leaf fans.

I think I'm pulling for Detroit at this point.

Washington or Pittsburgh for me, it'd be neat to see one of Sid or Ovi make it

Kane's gotten his runs, Detroit can wait a little longer 

• Cheers 1

I'm on the Red Wings bandwagon myself, although I can't say why....

Maybe it's the fact that Stevie gave us Hronek....or maybe just that it's Stevie's team.....either way, I found myself in the exceedingly odd position of being disappointed in a Bruins loss last night. :classic_wacko:

BTW, I'm also happy to see the Islanders clinch a spot in the playoffs. That probably won't sit well with those folks who enjoy whingeing about Bo Horvat, but I'm used to disagreeing with CFF/CDC posters about former Canuck players.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, I'm also happy to see the Islanders clinch a spot in the playoffs. That probably won't sit well with those folks who enjoy whingeing about Bo Horvat, but I'm used to disagreeing with CFF/CDC posters about former Canuck players.

Same, I root for the Isles to do well because of Bo

He was a good soldier for us, one of the few bright spots throughout some lousy years

Some folks choose to be sour about how he left, I'm glad we got what we did from him 

• Cheers 1

On another note: So much for the Sharks doing us a solid last night. (Although I'm sure very few of us expected any different)

I guess we'd better take care of business tonight against the Flames.....clinch the division and spare some of the boys a trip to Winterpeg.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Eff Kane. Has gotten more than he deserved.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Doesn't bother me that Horvat made it in.

Their POS coach, OTOH.

Dammit, where did our old CDC vomit emoji go?

Just now, Kragar said:

Doesn't bother me that Horvat made it in.

Their POS coach, OTOH.

Dammit, where did our old CDC vomit emoji go?

I'll admit to not being a big fan of Roy, but I don't think of him as a POS either....what is it that dislike so much?

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

On another note: So much for the Sharks doing us a solid last night. (Although I'm sure very few of us expected any different)

I guess we'd better take care of business tonight against the Flames.....clinch the division and spare some of the boys a trip to Winterpeg.

What's a matter afraid of the Kuz 🤣

andrei-kuzmenko-2024-39.jpg

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I want Philly just because I’d love for the tiebreaker for the last playoff spot to be decided by a team with a -20 goal differential beating a team with a -30 goal differential.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'll admit to not being a big fan of Roy, but I don't think of him as a POS either....what is it that dislike so much?

Promoting violence on the ice when he was coaching his kid, being violent in the home. Scumbag, imo

5 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

They shutout the Oilers

in the third

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ralph. said:

Crazy that the Flyers can still make it. Gotta beat WSH without going to overtime, and the Red Wings and Penguins both have to lose.

And they will be going to tie break rule number 5! (arguably number 4 since rule 1 is irrelevant at season end)