[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

Isles pull it off and jump up to 89 points

Washington, Detroit, and Philly all sit at 85 now, hard to see them reeling in the Isles 

Pittsburgh's likely the only team that can and they're three points back with three games to go

That head to head Pens/Isles game at the end of the season could very well decide seeding 

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Tkachuk with the shootout winner, nice to see Tampa lose 

TB already clinched.  All teams relax a bit after cliniching.  They are likely stuck at WC1. 

25 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Impressive accomplishment for Mike Matheson.  Joins a pretty exclusive club 

Ron Hextall, double-crossing GM who nearly destroyed Pittsburgh.

Trades a younger version of Jeff Petry for Jeff Petry

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

TB already clinched.  All teams relax a bit after cliniching.  They are likely stuck at WC1. 

I'm aware, I just like seeing them lose 

I was rooting for Tampa when they were gunning for the first of back to back cups, but two more consecutive cup appearances and another cup win soured things for me 

I'd like nothing more for them to decline and fade into a lengthy rebuild, they've had a lengthy period of top tier competitiveness that stretches back to well before they won the first of those cups 

Bolts fans have been spoiled af

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm aware, I just like seeing them lose 

I was rooting for Tampa when they were gunning for the first of back to back cups, but two more consecutive cup appearances and another cup win soured things for me 

I'd like nothing more for them to decline and fade into a lengthy rebuild, they've had a lengthy period of top tier competitiveness that stretches back to well before they won the first of those cups 

Bolts fans have been spoiled af

They reached their quota.  I don't want them to win for another decade or two at least.  

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They reached their quota.  I don't want them to win for another decade or two at least.  

Absolutely. I was happy to see Stamkos get a cup, but they've more than had their fill of contention and I hope they don't contend again for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Absolutely. I was happy to see Stamkos get a cup, but they've more than had their fill of contention and I hope they don't contend again for a long time.

They're not a particularly likeable team.  Or maybe that's my hatred of Kucherov filtering down to the whole team 

18 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

They're not a particularly likeable team.  Or maybe that's my hatred of Kucherov filtering down to the whole team 

I can't say I'm a Kucherov fan either, he's a phenomenal talent but he's also a dislikeable, arrogant prick 

His post-cup press conference bit after beating the Habs cemented my dislike, his giving zero effort at the all-star game wasn't a good look either 

I get it, guys want to go on vacation, but he didn't even pretend to care, and that's a pretty bad look even to those who don't care about the all-star game like myself 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Naw, trust your feelings. Lot of turds over the years, including coach Cooper. Kuch isn't the only bad apple.

Posted (edited)

LA's punched their playoff ticket

Vegas has four games remaining and plays Minnesota, Colorado, Chicago, and Anaheim

Blues are three points back of Vegas and basically need them to completely collapse to get in

Edited by Coconuts

Chicago may just end up doing Vegas a favour tonight

Preds have three games left, Knights have four 

Preds sit at 95 points, Vegas at 92

A Vegas win tonight and a Nashville loss puts Vegas a point back