[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

Just now, Pears said:

Speaking of Colorado they have been extremely poor over the last week or so. Gave up 6+ goals in 3 of their last 4 games and blew said 3-0 lead today. 

Yeah I think the Jets will take them out.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Speaking of Colorado they have been extremely poor over the last week or so. Gave up 6+ goals in 3 of their last 4 games and blew said 3-0 lead today. 

Yep lost in OT

VGK can still catch NSH and play us in 1st round. I don't like our chances vs Vegas. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Yep lost in OT

VGK can still catch NSH and play us in 1st round. I don't like our chances vs Vegas. 

Vegas catches Nashville means they pass the Kings too and would player the McWhiner Baby Soilers. 

• Upvote 1

Suddenly tomorrows games have much more implications.

If Preds win or get a point they’ll lock into that first wild card. Or if LA loses against Minny then Vegas can move into the third seed.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas catches Nashville means they pass the Kings too and would player the McWhiner Baby Soilers. 

Vegas can move one ahead of Nashville but still be behind LA if LA wins their final two.

Still some scenarios that need to play out. Two big games tomorrow.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yep lost in OT

It's not a farfetched thing either, Nashville's last game is against a Pittsburgh team fighting for their playoff lives whereas Vegas's next two games are against Anaheim and Chicago

We could get LA too, their last games are against Minnesota and Chicago, both are games they should probably win 

There's a very good chance Nashville could actually finish as the 8th seed, which would get them Dallas, Vegas and LA both going 2-0 isn't farfetched at all 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's not a farfetched thing either, Nashville's last game is against a Pittsburgh team fighting for their playoff lives whereas Vegas's next two games are against Anaheim and Chicago

We could get LA too, their last games are against Minnesota and Chicago, both are games they should probably win 

There's a very good chance Nashville could actually finish as the 8th seed, which would get them Dallas, Vegas and LA both going 2-0 isn't farfetched at all 

Even though Nashville has been one of the hottest teams in the league post all-star break, I would still pick them over LA and Vegas in round 1. I think we match up best against them. We definitely shouldn't be sleeping on any of them though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

Even though Nashville has been one of the hottest teams in the league post all-star break, I would still pick them over LA and Vegas in round 1. I think we match up best against them. We definitely shouldn't be sleeping on any of them though.

They'd probably be my preference as well but if I had to guess I'd say we see more of the Sidney Crosby show tomorrow 

None of them are easy matchups though, we could be punted by any of em 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas and LA have 2 games each LA is 1pt ahead. NSH has 1 game left.

If NSH gets 1 pt vs PIT we play them

If Vegas wins both games vs Chicago and ANA and NSH loses to PIT in regulation they pass NSH

LA plays vs Minnesota and Chicago if they get 3 points out of those 2 games they stay ahead of Vegas with more RWs even if Vegas wins both their games. 

NSH and LA both win the breaker over Vegas with more RWs

Everything is still up in the air. IF COL would have held on for a win today we would be playing NSH.

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Vegas and LA have 2 games each LA is 1pt ahead. NSH has 1 game left.

If NSH gets 1 pt vs PIT we play them

If Vegas wins both games vs Chicago and ANA and NSH loses to PIT in regulation they pass NSH

LA plays vs Minnesota and Chicago if they get 3 points out of those 2 games they stay ahead of Vegas with more RWs even if Vegas wins both their games. 

NSH and LA both win the breaker over Vegas with more RWs

Everything is still up in the air. IF COL would have held on for a win today we would be playing NSH.

Well I mean we technically still need to get a point but yea things are much more up in the air than we thought.

I’ll be paying attention to tomorrows results much more than I would have been that’s for sure. 😂

Edited by DeNiro

Also there’s still a scenario where we play Nashville as first seed in the West.

Maybe a little more far fetched but if Dallas loses to St.Louis in their last game first in the West is still possible with two wins for the Canucks.

Then a Nashville loss with two wins by Vegas and LA would still mean we face Nashville.

Lots of different ways things could play out.

Imagine having Shane Doan ad your goat, drafting his son, having his son step in and show he could be something special, and then have to watch him play for another franchise because of relocation 

5 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

Wowzers - how is Detroit losing bad already to Montreal? They need this badly I believe 

Yup. Detroit loses (on regulation) and they are out of the playoff race. Refs will “manage” the game though, so fully expect several Detroit PPs coming. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really liking the Habs so far tonight. The new D, Hutson, is looking fantastic. He sees the ice great, makes sharp passes, and is smart as heck defensively. 

Isn't he a bit of a bonsai though?