[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man Philly really phucked things up.  To think they were within a couple wins of NYR at one point.

can't really say they fuked it up.. they weren't even suppose to be there in the first place.. and they have a rookie goalie thx to the carter hart fiasco.. and their roster.. really have no talents

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Spoke too soon 

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yup, was about to post again, it’s been a minute and a half. Good for him, amazing.

Maybe the homers on here can finally stop trying to even remotely comparing McDavid and Petey now lol.  The guy is generational. Period. 100 assists in a single season.  Incredible.

Credit to Kucherov too... another supreme talent of this generation.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe the homers on here can finally stop trying to even remotely comparing McDavid and Petey now lol.  The guy is generational. Period. 100 assists in a single season.  Incredible.

McDavid got to within a point of him and he went on an incredible tear, another amazing player. I’d take either over Petey any day.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

LA down 2-0

I don’t think it matters, they can’t move up or down.

EDIT: never mind, I’m drunk.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1

interesting if LA lose nashville clinches wc1 since LA can only reach 99 points aka they can't finish ahead of nashville in tiebreaker and vegas doesn't really matter if they finish 96-100 points.. they either finish wc 2 or 3rd in the pacific

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

interesting if LA lose nashville clinches wc1 since LA can only reach 99 points aka they can't finish ahead of nashville in tiebreaker and vegas doesn't really matter if they finish 96-100 points.. they either finish wc 2 or 3rd in the pacific

is the tie breaker RW then ROW? If LAK win last game in regulation then they have the same RW as nashville, I'm just not sure what the second tie breaker is.

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

is the tie breaker RW then ROW? If LAK win last game in regulation then they have the same RW as nashville, I'm just not sure what the second tie breaker is.

ROW I believe. 

• Cheers 1

For interest:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

McDavid, Kuch and the Dog have such different playstyles and they've perfected it.  #97 with his versatility.  #86 with his composure.  #29 with his unbridled rage.  Great year for forwards.

• Cheers 1

Doesn't the Kings loss all but guarantee Canucks will face the Preds. If Vegas surpasses Nashville in points they just take the 3rd Pacific spot and LA takes the 2nd Wild Card and faces Dallas

• ThereItIs 1

Man, I'm torn on the last spot in the east. 

Crosby deserves the playoffs
Ovi also doesn't have many shots left at the playoffs
My parents are redwings fans and I live in S. Ontario near Detroit in the warzone of Detroit and Leaf fans.

I think I'm pulling for Detroit at this point.