[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Can’t figure that one out. Did they have to win in regulation to deny Washington any points?

Yeah. They had to win in regulation and needed detroit to lose in regulation. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Unbelievable how this season has so many intricacies involving qualifying. 

Down to the very end no less. Even the western race to clinch took longer than expected, St. Louis was always going to be hard pressed to get in but it took them til close to the very end to be eliminated. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Caps are the eighth seed, feel bad for Sid but I'm glad one of him and Ovi made it.

Maybe next season Pittsburgh. 

Pens and Wings were probably more deserving of the last wild card spot especially if you consider the Caps' -37 goal differential over the +4 and +5 the other team has respectively 

So I am still not sure why the Flyers pulled their goalie 

Edited by iinatcc

8 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Pens and Wings were probably more deserving of the last wild card spot especially if you consider the Caps' -37 goal differential over the +4 and +5 the other team has respectively 

Probably, but the Caps kept finding ways to win all season despite their scoring struggles 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Yeah I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Wings fan or in the Wings org, considering how far in advance the goalie was pulled as well.

Detroit put themselves behind the 8ball.  Philly sid what they thought they needed too. Didn't work out for them but how it affected Detroit was almost certainly not factored in to the decision. 

54 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

who cares.. washington still could have won in OT or shootout and it wouldn't have made a difference

I think everyone was pulling for Detroit the way they won the last two games against Montreal in EXTREMELY dramatic fashion

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

I think everyone was pulling for Detroit the way they won the last two games against Montreal in EXTREMELY dramatic fashion

i rather see sid have one last kick at it with pittsburgh tbh detroit i can careless about they dug their own grave

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Na. Yzerboy built a loserdoodle softeroo club. His owner should fire that loser. They beat an even bigger loser team these last two games. My goodness the Habs’ top minute guys cheat the game. Bunch of Fat Wallets.

• MillerTime 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Na. Yzerboy built a loserdoodle softeroo club. His owner should fire that loser. They beat an even bigger loser team these last two games. My goodness the Habs’ top minute guys cheat the game. Bunch of Fat Wallets.

Well... the team that did make it through got through because the opposition needlessly pulled their goalie in a tie game.  Say whatever you want about Detroit.  They lost too many games down the stretch and paid the ultimate price for it.  But there is no doubt that they were the most entertaining team to watch this week BY FAR.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Well... the team that did make it through got through because the opposition needlessly pulled their goalie in a tie game.  Say whatever you want about Detroit.  They lost too many games down the stretch and paid the ultimate price for it.  But there is no doubt that they were the most entertaining team to watch this week BY FAR.

It was too funny watching the Wings playoff hopes die as the Caps scored the winner into an empty net. The Wings will fire Yzerboy. He couldn’t win in Tampa and he can’t in Detroit. 
Great player (better than McWhiner Baby) but not a winner as a GM. 

Meaningless games tonight.

Oh wait, A Dallas loss tonight could open opportunity for Canucks to win conference. Go Blues?

Edited by Shift-4