[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Too bad, as much as I hate the Leafs I was really rooting for him, at least got to see Kuch get his 100th assist.

All we hear about is McDavid and Matthews. Meanwhile Kucherov is one of only 5 players to get 100+ assists, one of only 10 players to get 144+ points, 2 Art Ross trophies, 2 Stanley Cups, one Hart trophy and maybe 2. 

Dude is a borderline generational talent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

All we hear about is McDavid and Matthews. Meanwhile Kucherov is one of only 5 players to get 100+ assists, one of only 10 players to get 144+ points, 2 Art Ross trophies, 2 Stanley Cups, one Hart trophy and maybe 2. 

All that and a key guy on two Cup winners. Imo that puts him well ahead of McBaby Whiner who can’t win in the playoffs. 

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's the Steve Yzerman of this generation. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuch, IMHo, > Matthews. However Matthews is an amazing goal scorer, I enjoy watching players do amazing things so that’s why I was rooting for him. In my youth I hated Gretzky because he destroyed us, wish I appreciated him more when he was in his prime.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Guess it's not that of a big deal.  Two players get it in same season.

i dont think it's that big of a deal i think we'll see it more of a norm as more and more mediocre goalies are in the league and the overall league sv% have been dropping. last season we have 8 or 9 goalies sv% that is higher than the second highest this season for goalies that played 30+ games. too many teams not enough good goalies and defenceman easier to score

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i dont think it's that big of a deal i think we'll see it more of a norm as more and more mediocre goalies are in the league and the overall league sv% have been dropping. last season we have 8 or 9 goalies sv% that is higher than the second highest this season for goalies that played 30+ games. too many teams not enough good goalies and defenceman easier to score

You’re thinking too much,enjoy the ride

Edited by Cromeslab

Even though Arizona has been a dumpster fire for years, definitely a little sad to see the franchise go. 
They will ultimately fail in SLC also, need a fresh new market who's fans are already screaming for if 

*cough Quebec cough* 

15 minutes ago, The_Cherry said:

Even though Arizona has been a dumpster fire for years, definitely a little sad to see the franchise go. 
They will ultimately fail in SLC also, need a fresh new market who's fans are already screaming for if 

*cough Quebec cough* 

I think they will thrive better in SLC due to their mountain climate and SLC 2002 Winter Olympics. 
But I think the expansion need to go to Quebec instead of Atlanta or Houston 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I think they will thrive better in SLC due to their mountain climate and SLC 2002 Winter Olympics. 
But I think the expansion need to go to Quebec instead of Atlanta or Houston 

I agree, Atlanta has failed twice, and I think it would be good for a strong Eastern conference rivalry. Gary Bettman is a fool for not giving that city a proper look for a relocation team. 
I would have liked to see Arizona go there instead of potentially getting a team via expansion. 32 teams is already enough lol