[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I'm actually rooting for Vegas in this instance, I'd like to see them go up against Edmonton, it'd be an entertaining series

I also think Dallas would get past LA, which I want, I'd like to see Dallas go deep this year, I'd like to see Pavelski get another crack at it 

Edited by Coconuts

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So is Nikita Kucherov a generational talent? 

He's been weirdly overlooked his entire career. He's been the only player to beat healthy McDavid for the Art Ross and he's done it twice now (I know McDavid technically missed a couple game both times but Kucherov had the higher PPG). I remember a few posters this summer trying to argue that he wasn't one of the top 5 forwards in the game right now. Yes he cheats defensively, but he's an incredible offensive talent. Also why did all the media make a giant deal of McDavid getting to 100 assists but almost no one has talked about Kucherov doing it?

I'm not quite ready to label him a Generational Talent, but he's right on the edge with MacKinnon for me. See if he can win a few more Hart's first.

• Cheers 2

Loved all the @stawns of the world proclaiming Oilers as crowned division champs because GaMeS iN hAnD and tHeY'rE tHe HoTtEsT tEaM iN tHe LeAgUe RiGhT nOw, only to get bitch slapped by the Canucks and Coyotes in 2 of the 3 last games. Boards were awfully quiet after the Oil game. 

9 hours ago, Diamonds said:

He's been weirdly overlooked his entire career. He's been the only player to beat healthy McDavid for the Art Ross and he's done it twice now (I know McDavid technically missed a couple game both times but Kucherov had the higher PPG). I remember a few posters this summer trying to argue that he wasn't one of the top 5 forwards in the game right now. Yes he cheats defensively, but he's an incredible offensive talent. Also why did all the media make a giant deal of McDavid getting to 100 assists but almost no one has talked about Kucherov doing it?

I'm not quite ready to label him a Generational Talent, but he's right on the edge with MacKinnon for me. See if he can win a few more Hart's first.

He's just way too efficient to get proper media attention.  He plays at such a slow pace it disorients opponents.  Some of his best traits are patience/composure (boring) and controlling rim passes (boring).  Watch this compilation below - over half of his passes/assists he's standing completely still and dishing it to a wide open man.

18a66bb0496749fbb24ebcb106b92c46.gif

Edited by Miss Korea

Just now, Jaimito said:

Dux lead 3-1. 

Vegas wants to play Stars 

Which is huge for us. This means we avoid VGK in round two. We would play one of LA/EDM who I think we have a fair shot against. DAL/VGK/AVS?WPG are all heavy hitters. Big, strong, physical teams. Wouldn't have to play them till the 3rd round. Cmon kings beat the hawks!

3 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Edmonton fans are jumping for joy right now

I'm jumping for joy as well! We would play one of EDM/LA in round two and avoid the big, bad cap cheating Knights. This is huge!

• Like 1