[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

On 4/8/2024 at 4:17 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

Scottsdale mayor blasts Arizona Coyotes' arena plans in Phoenix

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/scottsdale-mayor-blasts-arizona-coyotes-arena-plans-in-phoenix/

lol scottsdale mayor have 0 say in this.. the arena is in phoenix not scottsdale.. he's pissed though coz it's right at the border and will affect traffic and everything while taking business away from his city limit and potential tax revenue 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Kelly Sutherland at it again.

Not that I mind seeing the Rangers getting screwed over, but damn that was pretty bad call.

Is there any doubt that he’s chosen for games that the league wants fixed?

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there any doubt that he’s chosen for games that the league wants fixed?

I wouldn’t put it past them.

Does the league want the Isles in that badly?

4 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I wouldn’t put it past them.

Does the league want the Isles in that badly?

New York audience with a team that needs a financial boost. Would make sense.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Isles starting to pull away a bit, and goddamn has Philly choked

Torts pushed them well but he demands a lot and I think Philly has run out of gas. That and some of Torts antics have backfired, and it remains to be seen if he ever recovers from it. 

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Torts not winning the Adams.

Big if true

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Torts pushed them well but he demands a lot and I think Philly has run out of gas. That and some of Torts antics have backfired, and it remains to be seen if he ever recovers from it. 

Not having Hart has really hurt them down the stretch

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Kucherov will likely get the Art Ross given the questionable quality of Tampa's next four opponents, but I don't see how Mac doesn't get the Hart at this point, maybe the Lindsay too 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

50, and 51

MacKinnon is just as fast as McDavid with the puck.  He took longer to develop than McDavid, but they are on equal footing now.  McDavid is not miles ahead of his competition the way that Gretzky and Lemiuex were.  There are guys in the NHL who can go point for point with McDavid with their teams actually playing defence too...

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Kucherov will likely get the Art Ross given the questionable quality of Tampa's next four opponents, but I don't see how Mac doesn't get the Hart at this point, maybe the Lindsay too 

Yes, Kucherov will get the Art Ross and also break 100 assists and 150 points.  So McDavid won't be the only one in the modern era to do that.  And MacKinnon will get the Hart trophy and Lindsay.  And Elias Pettersson will get the Stanley Cup in 2024...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

50 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Didn’t losing Carter Hart have something to do with that?

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Big if true

Not having Hart has really hurt them down the stretch

Are you trying to tell me Torts is a Hartless bastard?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

MacKinnon is just as fast as McDavid with the puck.  He took longer to develop than McDavid, but they are on equal footing now.  McDavid is not miles ahead of his competition the way that Gretzky and Lemiuex were.  There are guys in the NHL who can go point for point with McDavid with their teams actually playing defence too...

I'd say McDavid is still probably the better point producer if both are equally healthy, but Mac isn't far behind. He's probably a more well rounded player too. Mac's one of the few guys in the league who has the hands and smarts to keep up with his feet the way McDavid does though, it's a very small list.

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, Kucherov will get the Art Ross and also break 100 assists and 150 points.  So McDavid won't be the only one in the modern era to do that.  And MacKinnon will get the Hart trophy and Lindsay.  And Elias Pettersson will get the Stanley Cup in 2024...

Probs, although I'm tired of Kucherov and wish him and Tampa nothing but failure and disappointment going forward. I'd be surprised if Mac doesn't, he's got the story and the goals that Kucherov doesn't. The consensus seems to be that it's his turn. 

As for Pettersson, how's he going to do that when he's yet to play an NHL game? :hurhur:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kings look pretty average against the Ducks.

Amazing what happens when the refs actually make the calls against them.

They're a much different team with a lead

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kings look pretty average against the Ducks.

Amazing what happens when the refs actually make the calls against them.

Maybe they are dropping games on purpose so they can face Vancouver in the first round 🤪

On 4/7/2024 at 11:46 PM, Coconuts said:

Guentzel has really worked out for Carolina and been an impact player for them since stepping in, I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to play them in the first round 

I feel sorry for the team that traded all their assets for Lindholm instead of Guentzel 🫣☺️