[GDT] The HANGOVER Part 1: Vancouver Canucks @ Las Vegas Good-Night-Irenes, T-Mobile Arena, TODAY APRIL 2, 7PM PST (10PM EDT), Pull out the Slap Stick Game Game

Rocket-68

• Jess pinned and featured this topic

I just want to see some goals! Team needs to start scoring in bunches and get some confidence going. That might happen with Joshua back and spreading out the scoring threat.

Let's go boys! Start this trip out with a Dub!

GCG!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I just want to see some goals! Team needs to start scoring in bunches and get some confidence going. That might happen with Joshua back and spreading out the scoring threat.

GCG!

Still think we have too much of our scoring in the top 6. Need to spread some of it down to the bottom 6. Otherwise we’re much easier to shut down.

We were successful earlier in the season because we were getting scoring from our third and fourth lines.

Time to move Hoglander back down there. He’s already shown he can score from anywhere. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

59 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

GCG!

Vegas has conceded just 1 goal in 5 of their last 8 games as Hanifin and Mantha have absorbed their systems.

You're right ... we need to learn how to score again !!

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Y'know... the way the Canucks have been playing, I haven't felt very confident in their game... but then I look at the results, and in the last 12 games, the Canucks are 8-3-1.  They're getting the job done.  Of those 12 games, in 9 of them, they've let in 2 goals or less.  At some point, you gotta figure the offence is gonna start clicking again.  Add that up, and I think the boys are actually in better shape than we think. 

Gotta accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative!

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Y'know... the way the Canucks have been playing, I haven't felt very confident in their game... but then I look at the results, and in the last 12 games, the Canucks are 8-3-1.  They're getting the job done.  Of those 12 games, in 9 of them, they've let in 2 goals or less.  At some point, you gotta figure the offence is gonna start clicking again.  Add that up, and I think the boys are actually in better shape than we think. 

Yes you're correct. We want every game to be a 5-0 shutout or we're not happy!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

According to Money Puck, we dominated the month in xGF, Corsi, 5 on 5, Expected PP (yes, that's a shocker) and Expected PK. We pretty much had an all-around good analytics month, except for finishing, which we are 23rd in the league (we ranked top 6 in the league each of the category above). This is the reverse of earlier in the season, the PDO regression that the analytics community was talking about. If we can start finishing off of our play/chances, we can be a dangerous/lethal team.

Excellent.  Let's hope the results catch up to the analytics in Round 1 Game 1.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Still think we have too much of our scoring in the top 6. Need to spread some of it down to the bottom 6. Otherwise we’re much easier to shut down.

We were successful earlier in the season because we were getting scoring from our third and fourth lines.

Time to move Hoglander back down there. He’s already shown he can score from anywhere. 

Exactly. I do think part of the reason the top 6 is only giving us 1-2 goals a game (max) is that our 3rd line disappeared when Joshua went down, and our 4th has never been a threat.

• Cheers 1