[GDT] The HANGOVER Part 1: Vancouver Canucks @ Las Vegas Good-Night-Irenes, T-Mobile Arena, TODAY APRIL 2, 7PM PST (10PM EDT), Pull out the Slap Stick Game Game

Rocket-68

I'm just gonna sit here and watch the game for the third period. So I'm a be quiet. I'm a pick this team apart and figure out what the actual hell is going on.

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

This team literally played perfect hockey earlier in the season. Dunno why the team started focusing elsewhere. They hit, pressured, were creative offensively, covered the slot, pressured the neutral zone and hemmed teams in.

Then they decided mistake free hockey was somehow attainable.

They literally looked like a cup contending team. They looked better than the 2011 squad for a third of the season and then pissed it away with dump and change and chipping pucks out instead of carries, line changes galore and a park the bus defensive game.

I went from being super excited about the playoffs to having about a 2/10 on the faith meter of making it out of the first round. That's how bad they're playing since the all-star break. Just absolutely not playing hockey the right way. Guys like Podkolzin should be getting more ice time. Guys like Hoglander should be getting more ice time. Not these one dimensional players that don't bring what Tocchet literally preaches about game after game. Tocchet always says he loves the games that Podz and Hogz play but God forbid they get the ice time to represent that. 

Very true. They aren't coming at teams in waves anymore like we used to see, in spurts they have good shifts but it used to be a high pressure game.

I do understand needing to refine things, and I think sometimes you do gotta make the safe play, but they don't seem to have that 'high-pressure' identity that made them so successful.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I remember the times where my seat mates were wearin’ paper bags over their heads as unknown Canucks’ fans.

These times are pretty awesome, perhaps there is a little bit of a lull & some  self-preservation going on. I just hope there is an other gear of over-drive to give when they need it & the RT stops putting this roster through a blender on full tilt! 

We got this Mama 😉

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Can't remember the last time I saw a proper breakout. It's chip it out, chip it in 100% of the time.

Maybe not breakout but zone exits maybe lol. 

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Lol. I've met Ferraro a few times, he seems like a character. 

I remember someone in the local media asking if he'd ever be interested in taking a front office management role with the Canucks. 

It would be interesting if he did 

Meme Think GIF

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Wow! 

Commentating quality night vs day!

With Shorty & Ferraro we really do have the best there is!!

Hey - they are down to only 5 defensemen! What’s I miss earlier?

Did someone get a game misconduct? 

Big Z

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kuzmenko now has more goals for the Flames than he did with the Canucks in half the games. 😂

And how many does Lindh *%^$, sorry, let my temper get the best of me. I'm sure things will be great.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the difference on two goals.

Two goals and were very much still on this game.

That doesn’t mean I think we played well at all in the first. But sometimes your goalie has to bail you out when you’re playing like that and DeSmith wasn’t able to. I’m not gonna put it on him though, just sucks cause I think we could have come back in this game without those two goals against.

Says he’s not gonna put it on him then proceeds to. It’s a team game. Sadly 90% of the team is missing

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kuzmenko now has more goals for the Flames than he did with the Canucks in half the games. 😂

You knew it was going to happen.

Still think moving on was the right move, adding $$$ for next season, but he was never as bad as he was playing here. 

17 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

We actually played quite well in the 2nd. I mean, too little too late but keep it going I guess.

It actually is more frustrating watching them compete and playing evenly with the Knights after that first. They just flip a switch and want to start to play hard. You guys can do this whenever you feel like it but just decide now we are going to try. It can be very frustrating. They need to find a way to be motivated from the drop of the puck and to not give up when you have things go wrong.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Robinfood said:

Says he’s not gonna put it on him then proceeds to. It’s a team game. Sadly 90% of the team is missing

Two of the goals were on him and I’m sure he’d be the first to admit it.

Never said it wasn’t a team game. Everyone needs to be better DeSmith included.

• Cheers 1