[GDT] The HANGOVER Part 1: Vancouver Canucks @ Las Vegas Good-Night-Irenes, T-Mobile Arena, TODAY APRIL 2, 7PM PST (10PM EDT), Pull out the Slap Stick Game Game

Rocket-68

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I remember at first he played well on the 2nd pair, it looked like they might've found something...... then he & Del Zaster competed hard for the green jacket. 

I remember he was Heffy's favourite

4 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

People forget how young this core, aside from JT, is. They are young and lacking late-season/playoff success. This was the year we hoped they made the playoffs. McKinnon and the Avs made the playoffs in his first year, then missed the next 3 years. Then when they got back to the playoffs, it took them five more years to win the cup. Building a team that can have staying power takes time, and starts with building out the minor league system so that you don't have to overpay for bottom six and bottom pairing skaters. That's happening right now. Will they win the cup this year? Probably not. But they have sorted out which of the UFAs they think bring value and which they can let go. Hopefully, the team recaptures their pre-all-star break mojo and goes on a long run. That is not what happens to teams who have not been to the postseason in years and are acclimating their young core to the commitment it takes to succeed once you get there.

One last thought, Petey is obviously playing through something. He is not the player who lit the league on fire earlier this year. I suspect it's a leg or hip issue and has been hampering him for a while. He continues to take faceoffs, so it's probably not a hand/wrist problem, but he lacks the breakaway speed he showed up earlier this year. Hopefully, he gets healed up and can prove the haters wrong.

Ya but this has been months and months of lack of speed so I think if it’s not been fixed with the rest at the all star break and at home here last week then it might have to be an issue solved in the off-season.