[GDT] The HANGOVER Part 1: Vancouver Canucks @ Las Vegas Good-Night-Irenes, T-Mobile Arena, TODAY APRIL 2, 7PM PST (10PM EDT), Pull out the Slap Stick Game Game

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He's shown nothing in his stints with the big club. Not good enough for top 6, not gritty enough for bottom 6.

I’d disagree with the bottom 6 part but he’s also not NHL regular ready either and that’s fine right now. He’ll be a scratch or in Abbotsford by playoff time 

• Cheers 1

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

We have one of the best differentials even while Demko has been out - this game is an outlier. Just a bad game. 

I dunno… the last few weeks have not looked like good hockey to me. 

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Get used to it, the NHL doesn't want Canadian teams to win.

I'm used to it.  Lived through 2011. 

Like I said, just have to play through it.  Like Bruce said, don't go "woe is me" attitude.  

I like how the team is playing better now and didn't throw in the bucket.   

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, WiDeN said:

Joshua is making a case to be part of the future. Signing him for term might look really good if he keeps progressing. As it stands, he's usually one of the best players each night. Hell of a penalty killer too. 

I hope they lock him up long term at a good number.  He's 27 and his present contract is $825.  5 x $3 would be friendly

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

A number of posters have said, and I think so too, that Petey is still nursing his longstanding wrist injury.  He seems reluctant (afraid?) to shoot.  Rarely tries a slapshot one-timer ... no zip when he does try a wrister.  Goto move seems to he a wraparound attempt.

Doesn't seem to hinder his faceoffs though ..  for those that play the game, is that a different action using different muscles/tendons in the hands?

With a wrist injury and something regarding the tendons you can take a faceoff and lock out your wrists and feel fine but a wrist shot requires you to flex and extend your wrist which strains on tendons.

I suffer from calcific tendonitis sometimes in my wrists and some exercises I can do when working out and others are painful as hell to do and just ends up in inflammation.

You're onto something. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Every team should be able to pick one ref each season that can not officiate any of their games.

I've floated this out a few times, although I'd increase it to 3, with 5 in the playoffs.  If a ref is on so many lists they can't be scheduled, fire them.

8 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

What would it take for ref to call penalty vs Golden Knights… I don’t like blaming refs but if you call Zad penalty every high stick needs to be called… 

canucks need to start snapping their head back

Only little bitch players do that.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I've floated this out a few times, although I'd increase it to 3, with 5 in the playoffs.  If a ref is on so many lists they can't be scheduled, fire them.

Well, a rare instance but I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I wonder what caused Kelly to be like that for years?  I thought grudge should be over but it's not.  Maybe it's time for Canucks management not to let Sutherland ref any Canucks game again.

Ya, like they have any say in who ref's their games 🤣