[GDT] The HANGOVER Part 1: Vancouver Canucks @ Las Vegas Good-Night-Irenes, T-Mobile Arena, TODAY APRIL 2, 7PM PST (10PM EDT), Pull out the Slap Stick Game Game

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

I had a one person cat.  She only liked me. 

We’ve stuck with dogs since and have had better luck 

he was entertaining though lol

• Like 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Stop drinking or taking drugs. 

You are talking nonsense. 

If you read up a little bit, you'll see I said I quoted the wrong post 

I haven't taken drugs since my stroke, maybe that's the problem 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

The funny thing is it's the same thing every time. Lay down way too early, skate past him and then hit the wide open pass lol.

How does somebody that big not prevent a damn pass going through laying down?! 

I've given Hronek crap quite often lately, but that's one things hes very good at, limiting the pass before going fully down, then timing the drop-down well. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I've given Hronek crap quite often lately, but that's one things hes very good at, limiting the pass before going fully down, then timing the drop-down well. 

When he's not the one responsible for the 2 on 1 in the first place I agree lol

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, stawns said:

The point was, in case you missed the context, was you can't call a player a 50 point player until he actually hits 50 points 

Do you disagree?

Depends.. but I'm not gonna die on this hill so I'll just leave this topic alone in the pgt. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nah 

IMG_3596.jpeg

Hahaha good pull.

He was only here for like 20 games tho, that can't really count!

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Defending 101: Let the goalie have the shooter and take away the pass.

All he had to do was block and pass and he couldn’t do that..Decided to have a rest instead.

Its amazing that he's 100 feet tall yet the pass gets by him everytime.

Its just hilarious. 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Petey is 0 G 2 A in the last 5 games, again, not consistent. I think most people know he’s off.

Shhh you'll ruin his only argument... which is Petey played well in December and January so he will forever be amazing and can do no wrong!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If you read up a little bit, you'll see I said I quoted the wrong post 

I haven't taken drugs since my stroke, maybe that's the problem 

Good way to keep those pathways buzzing.    Best of luck, hope it all came back too 

• Cheers 1

We have a player who is going to be making 11.6 million next year who could end up finishing 3rd on the team in points.... Said player needs to find a way to step his damn game up because this team ain't going anywhere if he doesn't 

Petey did some good work on the Hoglander goal tonight, this game wasn't on him at all.

Ian Cole & Teddy Blueger were awful, the team had total breakdowns defensively, and DeSmith's inability to control rebounds continues to be a problem. 

Plus Sutherland didnt help either, it was like the Hardy boys, Vegas hit the Twist of Fate & Sutherland came off the top rope with the Swanton to make sure we were down for the count. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

We have a player who is going to be making 11.6 million next year who could end up finishing 3rd on the team in points.... Said player needs to find a way to step his damn game up because this team ain't going anywhere if he doesn't 

Pettersson doesn’t strike me as one to carry the team on his back. He’s good on the scoresheet and has the odd brilliant maneuver however he won’t carry the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Pettersson doesn’t strike me as one to carry the team on his back. He’s good on the scoresheet and has the odd brilliant maneuver however he won’t carry the team.

And that's my problem. He's in McDavid and Mathews money territory now. Either he's worth the money and needs to figure it out or he is very much going to be a scapegoat going forward as that's the type of money players who do drive the play make

• Like 1

You really got to hope Petey can turn it around and if he is hurt I wonder how durable he will be over the next 8 years or is this another Luongo part 2  contract we won't be able to trade.  If we can't afford multiple players next year and his linemate hogs out works him and Pety will make 10 times his salary it will be really sad

• Like 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
45 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

His slumping might cause the Canucks the division so ya it matters he isn’t producing.

so do we blame last year we missed the playoff because Miller was slumping the first 3 months? and then the previous year we missed the playoff coz demko sucked and then the year before "insert player" 

the entire team offensively have been playing like crap since the all star break.. everyone production have fallen off a cliff compared to where it was prior to the asg.. some harder than other.. 

prior to tonights game

Miller 27 points in 25 games

hughes 20 points in 25 games

ep 20 points in 25 games

boeser 17 points in 25 games

literally every one of them have taken significant step back offensively ever since the "trade" 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

so do we blame last year we missed the playoff because Miller was slumping the first 3 months? and then the previous year we missed the playoff coz demko sucked and then the year before "insert player" 

the entire team offensively have been playing like crap since the all star break.. everyone production have fallen off a cliff compared to where it was prior to the asg.. some harder than other.. 

prior to tonights game

Miller 27 points in 25 games

hughes 20 points in 25 games

ep 20 points in 25 games

boeser 17 points in 25 games

literally every one of them have taken significant step back offensively ever since the "trade" 

He’s contributed to losing our huge division lead. Not all his fault but he has something like five goals in 20 something odd games. Not good. He’s contributed to losing the big lead we had. Contributed.

People forget how young this core, aside from JT, is. They are young and lacking late-season/playoff success. This was the year we hoped they made the playoffs. McKinnon and the Avs made the playoffs in his first year, then missed the next 3 years. Then when they got back to the playoffs, it took them five more years to win the cup. Building a team that can have staying power takes time, and starts with building out the minor league system so that you don't have to overpay for bottom six and bottom pairing skaters. That's happening right now. Will they win the cup this year? Probably not. But they have sorted out which of the UFAs they think bring value and which they can let go. Hopefully, the team recaptures their pre-all-star break mojo and goes on a long run. That is not what happens to teams who have not been to the postseason in years and are acclimating their young core to the commitment it takes to succeed once you get there.

One last thought, Petey is obviously playing through something. He is not the player who lit the league on fire earlier this year. I suspect it's a leg or hip issue and has been hampering him for a while. He continues to take faceoffs, so it's probably not a hand/wrist problem, but he lacks the breakaway speed he showed up earlier this year. Hopefully, he gets healed up and can prove the haters wrong.