People Need to Relax about the Cap Situation

HKSR

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

A lot of us have PTBD. That guy was (and still is) a reason to fret and stew. Imagine if he hadn’t screwed up the cap so much he had the room to sign Petey to around what Hughes came in at? Nope. He needed Beagle and the boys. Moran. 

if it makes you feel any better, my wife scared the crap out of him in the parking lot of the building we shared with him for a year or so. She came around a corner and he kind of jumped. Wasn't really close. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

We should trade for shea weber, get some of that sweet ltir

We are already in LTIR with Poolman and it makes no (positive) impact on our cap hit and contracts for next season

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

I see so many people here worrying that we can't re-sign Hronek, Joshua, and Zadorov... it's so far from the case.  Here are ACTUAL numbers with extensions on the high end for all 3.  Notice even when OEL's big cap hit comes into effect that it's nicely offset by our young guns moving up from the farm (2 years from now).

Hronek with $7.8M AAV extension.

Joshua with $3.5M AAV extension.

Zadorov with $4.5M AAV extension.

Next year we have nearly $8M in cap space to bring in a top 6 forward or top 4 defenceman.

2 and 3 years from now when the big OEL cap hits come into play, we still have millions to work with (and that's assuming Hoglander signs a big $5.5M AAV extension).

So like I said.  RELAX.  This team that is highly competitive will be able to stay together.  We're in good shape for several years.

PS - if we manage to trade Mikheyev, we're in even better shape. 

image.thumb.png.b0e8de8dd1352f08e6e996f6dec5db53.png

I don't know how many times I've said the same thing. We are good for next season on cap. We have the room to do whatever we need.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Based on the roster I've indicated:

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

???-Juulsen

Friedman

You can pick and choose who you want to upgrade on with $8M.  The main group is all there though.

Personally I'd spend $5M on a top 4 RHD (Tanev? Roy?), and possibly bring Blueger back at $2M.  Leaves $1M in cap space.

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Karlsson/Aman/Bains/etc

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Tanev/Roy

Zadorov-Juulsen

Friedman

Tanev would be nice for a couple years.    Hronek is a must.   Don't think your numbers are unreasonable. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if Allvin will re-sign Lindholm. They gave up a lot for him, to just let him walk after the season seems like a big loss. 

Gave up a lot quantity speaking, not so much on quality

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if Allvin will re-sign Lindholm. They gave up a lot for him, to just let him walk after the season seems like a big loss. 

To keep him only because of what we paid for him would be to succumb to the sunk cost fallacy. Only consider his worth to us going forward without considering what we've already paid to make the best decisions.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1