[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If we face Nashville or LA I think we can advance to round 2.

If we face Vegas, we might get swept. 

What's with the pessimism

I say Vegas in 5 🤪

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Is anyone beyond Hughes and Miller planning to show up for the rest of the season?

Like what has happened to Elias Pettersson?

Maybe drafting a 2nd Elias Pettersson split his talents into two 

main-qimg-ec08a8b4d66aa7c7efa3a64500906cdd.gif

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No, the team would have lost 8-4 instead of 6-3.

Kuz is a great shooter. But does jack all else. What bothers me, he really either doesn't get forechecking, or struggles to do the simple things. All he had to do was cut off lanes, and passes. In fact you'd think he'd want to do that because if he steals the puck, he can be off to the races and score. No one was asking him to hit, or fight. They just wanted him to be better on puck possession, and be more responsible defensively.

Besides he wasn't scoring when we traded him.

He's a fun, nice guy. But that also doesn't win games.

Bottom line we keep getting glaring reminders that you can't fix the defence overnight. I still say the mix isn't right. And the Canucks struggle against the bigger, heavier teams. I want to like Cole, but he and Chaos Giraffe just are so inconsistent. I'll take the rookie mistakes of Juulsen, over the brain cramps of Myers and Cole.

I really hope we move on from Cole and Myers next year. They might be great guys, and good team-mates, but man. They just can stink up the joint at times.

I still think we should have LTIR'd Myers and used that added space on another scorer but we actually have respect for the game so I understand why we didn't. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

Well ... 4 of those loses were quite recent and against playoff bound teams. 

It's not the end of the world but it doesn't make me hold my breath in Canucks making past the 1st round 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I still think we should have LTIR'd Myers and used that added space on another scorer but we actually have respect for the game so I understand why we didn't. 

Well that and the lack of assets to make the trade 

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This happens every year though, playoff teams take the occasional night off after locking in. This is nothing new 😂

I think fans have a right to be frustrated after a loss, especially against a division rival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Games like this have value If you’re mentally preparing yourself for a 1st round exit. (Which I am). 

🤌👩‍🦽

2 hours ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

👍

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Dom said:

Höglander-Pettersson-Lindholm Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland Podkolzin-Suter-Lafferty

Run with this. PDG slots for Lindholm until he returns. It's the best lines we have IMO. 

People will call me crazy, but I still truthfully believe the Kuzmenko trade killed this team. 

I agree 100%   Not only did we lose a 40 goal scorer - kuz who everyone loved but we wrecked the PP and changed the dynamics in the locker room and threw away 2 draft picks and two prospects for another old washed up swedish p/t rental, which this team can't seem to resist anchoring itself with after 35 years of doing so time and time again with the same morbid results.     When will we learn!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Pears said:

It's not just 1 bad game but numerous games since the Kuzmenko trade/all star break, even the ones we won since then were sqeekers.  We have only won 2 games since in convincing fashion, unlike the first half of the season.  That's why everyone is so concerned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

This happens every year though, playoff teams take the occasional night off after locking in. This is nothing new 😂

They've been plaing "Off" as you say, since TDL - haven't you noticed?  They've mustered 2 convincing wins since then.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

It's not just 1 bad game but numerous games since the Kuzmenko trade/all star break, even the ones we won since then were sqeekers.  We have only won 2 games since in convincing fashion, unlike the first half of the season.  That's why everyone is so concerned.

Ok well news flash, you're not going to be blowing teams out in the playoffs every single night. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about that. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

They've been plaing "Off" as you say, since TDL - haven't you noticed?  They've mustered 2 convincing wins since then.

Based on your mindless musings sure but facts don’t agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I hope we just go to something like this.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Lindholm - Joshua

Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

• Like 2