[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

I hope we just go to something like this.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Lindholm - Joshua

Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Yeah lotto line, Garland and Joshua could really spark Lindholm and he's fucking money in the dot! Blue needs half decent guys to make it work. And if. The coach I gotta get more from all those guy on the fourth line! Laff isn't skating like he did when he came in he was a for checking God! Now a shell of that. Mik can fly too he gotta at least be noticable out there in a good way breaking up plays with he speed and for checking etc. Suter is ice cold again after that 2 goal night and he had a long time in the top 6 and PP, and not much to show. He's in his head or something. All three of those guy need to play like they did when got here!

10 hours ago, Googlie said:

To lose the lead means that we have to have had the lead.  Even that's proving difficult these last few games.  From once leading the league in GF and goal diff, by quite a margin, we're dropping rapidly

When you look at Goals differential, we're now amongst the top 6th with 55, but now tied with Edmonton. Edmonton has now passed us in Goals, whereas before the All star game we were way ahead of them in GF.

• Cheers 1

Will Tocchet be criticized if the Canucks lose the first round or will he still be considered a good coach because we got into the playoffs? Will he go the way of Bruce Boudreau, where he was able to get the team playing well for awhile and then the team peaked. Have the Canucks peaked now, due to a combination of teams being up for Canuck's games, Canuck's players feeling the pressure of being on top of the league / division?

DId opponents started playing the Canucks harder after seeing 5 Canucks in the All star game? Was that the shift that happen Pre and Post All star game? Has going to the All Star game impacted how the Canucks play, because they started thinking they were better than other teams and could just score at will or coast in games?

Due to the Canuck's slide since the All star game, will Tocchet no longer be in the running for the Coach of the year? Will he be criticized for how he's handled the team going into the playoffs? It feels like the sheen has come off his year, and while he's talking about 'meeting pressure with pressure' and playing harder, it doesn't seem like the team is responding as well now. Before the All Star game, the Canucks were in a groove and dominating teams on a regular basis. They were often scoring first and dominating possession team and keeping leads- all of which they're not doing anymore.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Next year don't vote the Canucks into the all-star game. Let them rest for a week.

Good thing there isn't an ASG game next year....

Pettersson, Hughes, Demko and Miller will likely be be playing in the Four Nations Face Off that is replacing it.

Looking at the top 10 playoff bound teams, Canucks have the 3rd worst record the last 10 games.

They need to step it up, can't go into the playoffs playing 500 hockey... 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t we a lot ahead of LA and Vegas? 

We're not a lot ahead of Edmonton though, laugh all you want but they could catch us

Canucks have 100 points in 75 games

Oil have 95 in 73

We have one more head to head match up, which could be a huge game 

Slipping into 2nd would have us playing LA or Vegas

11 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

There is a long list of issues the Canucks are dealing post All Star break. Their Speciality teams have also taken a nose dive. We were first in the league in scoring, and now we are 7th. Our GA is also gone up. 

Our decline has been aggrevated by Joshua's injury. Once he was out of the line up our team lost it's secondary scoring.

I also wonder if tochett is starting to out coach himself.  I've seen this before where the details start to detract from over all play.  Constant line juggling and too much information.  The players start to look lost because they never know what to do.  We saw this at the end of green's tenure and the sheer relief when Boudreau came in was clearly obvious.  Not saying we need that at this point but tochett might try just going back to some basics and letting the guys play.  Load up the lotto line and keep it simple.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We're not a lot ahead of Edmonton though, laugh all you want but they could catch us

Canucks have 100 points in 75 games

Oil have 95 in 73

We have one more head to head match up, which could be a huge game 

Slipping into 2nd would have us playing LA or Vegas

I caught a lot of derision for suggesting that as far back as December 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Well that's kinda nit picky. He scored 39 with us last year, and is on a 36 goal pace with calgary. For sure he has some defensive issues, but the guy van score in the right system.

I totally get why we traded him, and Lindholm definitely seemed like the last piece of the puzzle, but don't run down Kuzzy just because. Clearly the guy can score.

This year he's been mediocre, and to be called a 40 goal scorer you need to have scored 40 goals... This isn't complicated. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I caught a lot of derision for suggesting that as far back as December 

You did, I remember that

Is it likely? Dunno

Could they do it? Absolutely 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This year he's been mediocre, and to be called a 40 goal scorer you need to have scored 40 goals... This isn't complicated. 

We're going to hit them with the element of surprise, They think we suck then all of a sudden BAM! Who is this team!?!!?

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Will Tocchet be criticized if the Canucks lose the first round or will he still be considered a good coach because we got into the playoffs?

Playoffs was the goal. Tocchet got them into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Canucks are a playoff-type team. That's not Tocchet's fault. Allvin still has some tinkering to do. 

My hope is that Lindholm and Demko come back healthy and make a difference. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He hasn't been mediocre in Calgary..9 coals in 21 games..he can score if you let him play...but he's also -8 in Calgary so that was the prob here.,,,but Lindholm, fate has made it a bad trade so far...hope it pays off in the playoffs

Well, the good news is that for my boy’s first hockey game we watched a great win in Abbotsford and he was SO EXCITED!

The bad news is that after we got home and the family went to bed, I followed up that great game by watching this one on the PVR…

• Huggy Bear 3
  • ThereItIs 1

I read all the angry, angst filled posts online from people.  

“out in the first round”

”out in 4”

” we are doomed”

Man,  this team’s fan base has experienced some trauma.  Bunch of 😿

Can’t wait for playoffs.

Will they be out in round one?  Maybe. Same can be said for any team.

Could they win the cup?  Maybe.  Same could be said for any team.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

So what did biz Z do to deserve so much hate from the Reffs--other than joining the Nucks. The first high stick penalty was BS. The Major penalty was double BS. I'm getting a little tired of Tochet just letting the Reffs FU the game with no push back. Absolute garbage all around last night.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

He hasn't been mediocre in Calgary..9 coals in 21 games..he can score if you let him play...but he's also -8 in Calgary so that was the prob here.,,,but Lindholm, fate has made it a bad trade so far...hope it pays off in the playoffs

Yeah he's one dimensional the issue is he does not put effort in defensively and here he was not scoring either. 

16 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

So what did biz Z do to deserve so much hate from the Reffs--other than joining the Nucks. The first high stick penalty was BS. The Major penalty was double BS. I'm getting a little tired of Tochet just letting the Reffs FU the game with no push back. Absolute garbage all around last night.

I miss guys like Crow and Torts.  Say what you want about them, they stood up for their players.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You did, I remember that

Is it likely? Dunno

Could they do it? Absolutely 

I think the Canucks will win at least three out of their next seven and the oilers will win at least 5 of their remaining games.  

That would put Van at 106 and the Oil at 105.  However, doubtful it will go like that.  One thing is for sure, its likely going to come down to a point or two 

• Cheers 2