[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

We coasted all the way to the all star game after that it was go time for everyone to make the final push to the playoffs, they all took 1 more step and we have been unable to match that.

we got lindholm early which was a bust and we were able to see it for weeks before the TDL where all of our competition made improvements for another step while we stayed put. 

thatsb2 steps behind and it’s looking like it. Canucks better figure it out soon 

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

To be fair, they're not playing very well and, more importantly, not playing well against potential first round matchups.

I mean, there's a lot of cause for concern there 

Demko helps a lot, He can easily steal a game or 2 by himself.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Lindholm isn't the super all star I expected but he is very good on face offs. I'll take that for now and pray that he finds some goals in that stick of his.

Actually while were at I think skills practice should become a priority.  Shooting practice. Like how Kobe shot 500 shots a day.

Screenshot_20240403_105333_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Yepp that Mcgluvinmcmuffin has it or just go to the Main site.

Thanks. I wanted to see what Tocc had to say about the embellishment head snap on the non high stick.

Don't see why if the league can fine players for diving, they won't fine that Vegas loser for embellishing a non high stick. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think the Canucks will win at least three out of their next seven and the oilers will win at least 5 of their remaining games.  

That would put Van at 106 and the Oil at 105.  However, doubtful it will go like that.  One thing is for sure, its likely going to come down to a point or two 

It’s going to be dang close. Unfortunately for us, the oilers have been playing well and we’ve been playing like hot garbage. 

boys are learning a hard lesson in regard to what it takes to be successful down the stretch. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Thanks. I wanted to see what Tocc had to say about the embellishment head snap on the non high stick.

Don't see why if the league can fine players for diving, they won't fine that Vegas loser for embellishing a non high stick

Good point.

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Pietrangelo’s acting job on the phantom high sticking call last night was fucking disgraceful.

Not as disgraceful as the NHL continuing to employ clowns like Kelly Sutherland and John McIsaac blatantly telling us what their agenda is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s never scored 40 so not a 40 goal scorer. Can’t sandbag Lindholm while propping up Kuzmenko who this season has been mediocre at best. 

I wasn't the one to "sandbag" him.  The Canucks Upper Management did (in case you weren't paying attention) and why they tried to amputate him out from the line-up at TDL, just 3-1/2 weeks after they made that bad gamble on him.  That speaks volumes & says everything we need to know!

They obviously saw the same thing "Normal" canucks fans have seen from him, while he's been anchored here and tried to unload him but they couldn't find any victims feeble minded enough to take him off our hands - otherwise he would have been distant memory by now, menaing we're stuck with him - but just for a few more weeks - thankfully.   

We all wish he brought some value to the team - but the reality is he has brought little value and we could use that $5M bucks in better ways as PA and JR try to improve the roster in the long term.  In any event, this is really all a mute point because he'll no longer be a Canucks in 90 days as he's "a rental" anyways.

Let's call a Spade A Spade,  he's a $4,850,000.00 (only 55.5%) Face-off guy that is replaceable and I don't think anyone calls that money well spent when this team has so many other needs as is plainly visible - as we march towards building a roster strong enough to win us the cup in the coming years.  

P.S. In regards to your comment that "Kuzmenko has been mediocre at best this season", he has almost twice as many goals (that's double for "some people" that don't know what twice means) what Lind-🏠 has since the trade!  So if that makes Kuz mediocre with those numbers, I'm not sure what that makes Lind-🏠?

And just to be clear, I am not saying Kuz would have brought us a cup but I am saying that this teams fortunes changed right after that trade (for whatever reason) and also saying we overpayed for "a rental" like Lind-🏠 with 5 valuable assets.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Not as disgraceful as the NHL continuing to employ clowns like Kelly Sutherland and John McIsaac blatantly telling us what their agenda is. 

Yeah I laughed pretty hard when Sutherland got nailed with the puck. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think the Canucks will win at least three out of their next seven and the oilers will win at least 5 of their remaining games.  

That would put Van at 106 and the Oil at 105.  However, doubtful it will go like that.  One thing is for sure, its likely going to come down to a point or two 

That head to head matchup will be key for both teams

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Yeah I laughed pretty hard when Sutherland got nailed with the puck. 

I saud good, well deserved mf. Then i laughed.

On the other hand as much as i dislike his officiating, i wouldnt want to see him seriously hurt.

1 hour ago, ronning4center said:

I also wonder if tochett is starting to out coach himself.  I've seen this before where the details start to detract from over all play.  Constant line juggling and too much information.  The players start to look lost because they never know what to do.  We saw this at the end of green's tenure and the sheer relief when Boudreau came in was clearly obvious.  Not saying we need that at this point but tochett might try just going back to some basics and letting the guys play.  Load up the lotto line and keep it simple.

I think that Tocchet started thinking too much about the playoffs and ensuring they had line up options if players got hurt. I think he's thought too much about the playoffs before he gets to the playoffs, and it's negatively impacted our current play.

The team was scoring a lot and then it seems they shifted their style of play and started playing more low scoring games. I remember Tocchet saying interviews that the low scoring games were more like playoff games, so it was good to play those type of games. I think he's switched up lines way too much and now we're down to 7 games left and lines are still not solidified. If he keeps messing with lines over the last 7 games, I think it will only undermine any line chemistry that should have already been built up.

He's thinking too much of the team going deeper in the playoffs instead of thinking of firming up lines and worrying about the Division first, the Special teams, and then a 1st round match up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That head to head matchup will be key for both teams

Bigger questions are: If the Canucks lose that game will it put them into a downward spiral and crush their spirit, and will it go hand in hand with losing the Division and changing who they play in the playoffs? ie) if they do lose the game and/or the Division will it impact their confidence in the 1st round?

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I wasn't the one to "sandbag" him.  The Canucks Upper Management did (in case you weren't paying attention) and why they tried to cut & remove him from the line-up at TDL just 3-1/2 weeks after they made that bad gamble on him.  They saw the same thing "Normal" canucks fans have seen from him while he's been anchored here and tried to unload him but they couldn't find any victims feeble minded enough to take him off our hands - otherwise he would have been distant memory by now, menaing we're stuck with him - but just for a few more weeks - thankfully.   

We all wish he brought some value to the team - but the reality is he has brought little value and we could use that $5M bucks in better ways as PA and JR try to improve the roster in the long term.  In any event, this is really all a mute point because he'll no longer be a Canucks in 90 days.

Let's call a Spade A Spade,  he's a $4,850,000.00 (only 55.5%) Face-off guy that is replaceable and I don't think anyone calls that money well spent when this team has so many other needs as is plainly visible - as we march towards building a roster strong enough to win us the cup in the coming years.  

Adding Lindholm was a good bet, number 2 RH centre that can handle defensive responsibilities and help provide secondary offence. Wrist injury can severely hamper scoring, amazing he was still as good as he was on faceoffs.

What surprised me was not adding another top 6 winger at deadline, they weren’t terribly expensive and if you are going all in with first rounder already then go all in, we went on cold streak and management got cold feet. 
Plus, Lindholm was brought in for the playoffs, let’s see how he does in the playoffs before we make any judgements on that deal. It was a decent bet on one of the top trade targets this year, sometimes good bets still don’t work out, nothing is certain. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

What do you expect to hear after defeats...?

Yeah, not sure. It just sounds like a stock response in sports so doesn't mean a lot after a while.  I suppose its better than saying that the other team was better!

5 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I think that Tocchet started thinking too much about the playoffs and ensuring they had line up options if players got hurt. I think he's thought too much about the playoffs before he gets to the playoffs, and it's negatively impacted our current play.

The team was scoring a lot and then it seems they shifted their style of play and started playing more low scoring games. I remember Tocchet saying interviews that the low scoring games were more like playoff games, so it was good to play those type of games. I think he's switched up lines way too much and now we're down to 7 games left and lines are still not solidified. If he keeps messing with lines over the last 7 games, I think it will only undermine any line chemistry that should have already been built up.

He's thinking too much of the team going deeper in the playoffs instead of thinking of firming up lines and worrying about the Division first, the Special teams, and then a 1st round match up.

I think Mik and Kuz went ice cold for a very long period and Joshua got hurt.  We were suddenly a 2 line team that lost its scoring in the bottom six. That isn’t a hard thing for most good teams to shut down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Adding Lindholm was a good bet, number 2 RH centre that can handle defensive responsibilities and help provide secondary offence. Wrist injury can severely hamper scoring, amazing he was still as good as he was on faceoffs.

What surprised me was not adding another top 6 winger at deadline, they weren’t terribly expensive and if you are going all in with first rounder already then go all in, we went on cold streak and management got cold feet. 
Plus, Lindholm was brought in for the playoffs, let’s see how he does in the playoffs before we make any judgements on that deal. It was a decent bet on one of the top trade targets this year, sometimes good bets still don’t work out, nothing is certain. 

Agree, I like everyone else hope and pray he can return in good health and prove his $5M worth in the playoffs but there is no denying (for whatever reason) that this teams performance has turned exactly since that trade occured.  

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Can you imagine having to pay almost $700 to watch that train wreck?  Well, that's the price in 2 weeks. 

I give the Canucks 5 games. Doesn't matter who they play. They look horrible, not going to candy coat it. Blame all around. 

Pettersson has become such a disappointment since the All Star break. If he was really injured, they would be resting him for the playoffs. Not like they're battling for a playoff spot. Nope, Petey is sulking folks.

If you can locate $700 playoff tickets for me - let me know!

15 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Bigger questions are: If the Canucks lose that game will it put them into a downward spiral and crush their spirit, and will it go hand in hand with losing the Division and changing who they play in the playoffs? ie) if they do lose the game and/or the Division will it impact their confidence in the 1st round?

I think that's a real concern. Watching the oilers right now, they are playing with a lot of confidence which helps with winning games. I don't see that as much with the Canucks right now and likely other teams are seeing the same things fans are with them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1