[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

9 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Kuzmenko will be out of the league after his contract. I believe this, I do think we overpaid for Lindholm. We had to get rid of Kuzmenkos 5 million AAV.

Kuzmenko scored another 2 goals today in a losing effort. Up to 16 goals and will probably get to 20 goals. We should’ve off loaded Mikheyev somehow. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, KFAN said:

Bad, bad 1st. Bad goaltending, bad backchecking, bad reffing, bad coaching. Why would RT put the Blueger line out against LV top line 3 times (3 goals)? Bains looked lost out there. 

We're going to be okay, maybe not too far into the playoffs, but the 1st and 2nd lines are looking pretty good. And tonight Suter's line had some good shifts.

Vegas had last change.  They could pick the lines they wanted to match, Tocchet couldn't 

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Panthers got thumped by Montreal tonight.

Good teams lose focus when they’re locked in a playoff spot.

Yes we absolutely need to get going, but we also have to have some perspective. Top teams are losing big this time of year still. 

This felt more like it should've been a measuring stick. A taste of playoff intensity and they shit the bed. To be fair I didn't watch ~50 minutes of this game but what I did watch was friggin sad.

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Kuzmenko scored another 2 goals today in a losing effort. Up to 16 goals and will probably get to 20 goals. We should’ve off loaded Mikheyev somehow. 

Listen I agree, Mikheyev is playing himself for a   trade. That contract is looking bad right now. As for Kuzmenko I can’t have his skating around the perimeter in the Playoffs and a defensive liability. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

Last 4 games:

3-2 loss to LA

3-1 loss to Dallas

3-2 win against Anaheim that we barely

6-3 loss to VGK today

TF are you smoking? Leading into the playoffs and playing like this won’t go over well. We should be heating up right now not losing gas in the tank.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

Its not just one bad game, though, there is a lackluster to the team lately that is a bit concerning considering how close the playoffs are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Panthers got thumped by Montreal tonight.

Good teams lose focus when they’re locked in a playoff spot.

Yes we absolutely need to get going, but we also have to have some perspective. Top teams are losing big this time of year still. 

Stop pointing at other teams and look just at this team... your excuses seem to just be silly.

It's not that the team lost. Of course they will lose... it's that they are playing pretty bad lately, at all ends of the ice. They are also playing bad when they squeak out wins too.

If you can't see that the team is playing completely different hockey than they were in January I guess there's no explaining it.

It's not our opponents it's the canucks. 

This team is not playing like they are ready for the playoffs and it's showing for a lot of folks.

Maybe listen to Toccs interviews.. does he sound like a coach who is impressed with how his team is playing? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Aquaman said:

Listen I agree, Mikheyev is playing himself for a   trade. That contract is looking bad right now. As for Kuzmenko I can’t have his skating around the perimeter in the Playoffs and a defensive liability. 

With the amount of 2 on 1’s we give up every game I don’t think he was the only defensive liability. At least he provided another scoring option. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

If we face Nashville or LA I think we can advance to round 2.

If we face Vegas, we might get swept. 

Honestly, the way they’re playing right now they’re not going to beat Nashville or LA In a 7 game series. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Robinfood said:

First mistake was signing him to 5x his first contract value. If we’re evaluating this management team this facts gotta be acknowledged. We overpaid him, created a bloated contract, then had to pay to get rid of it. Huge fail. they pulled a benning with kuzmenko. 

Problem was, it was hard to put a number on Kuzmenko, after his rookie season. Nobody knew what he was worth, he had an unreal shooting percentage in his first year. Even Ovechkin in his prime couldn’t have a 45% shot goal ratio. 

It was tough, then his play got exposed.

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Don't call me no f en troll, iv been a loyal fan for 40 years bud. This team is not giving me the warm and fuzzies at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Vegas had last change.  They could pick the lines they wanted to match, Tocchet couldn't 

I get that, but he also could have made a quick change at least twice. Even change up 1 or 2 players like Bains and Cole. I know it's not that easy, just so frustrating. 

10 minutes ago, Dom said:

Pettersson had 14 goals and 21 points in 13 games during January. He was named the NHL's third star of the month, and then BAM his buddy Kuzmenko got shipped out and he has been dogshit since. It isn't a coincidence IMO. 

Did Kuzmenko really have anything to do with that? I seem to remember him struggling before he was dealt and not contributing at all.

• Cheers 1