[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

3 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

Before that they were on a ridiculous point streak. They were bound to cool off a little bit. Don't be fooled. The Preds are a very solid team. 

I never said they weren't. It's just funny to me. We aren't allowed to lose games or play badly, but when other good teams do it's totally fine for them haha. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, 40yrfan said:

Don't call me no f en troll, iv been a loyal fan for 40 years bud. This team is not giving me the warm and fuzzies at the moment.

Right on man. When the truth hurts some ppl here resort to name calling and branding ppl trolls. Too predictable don’t worry about it

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

We're getting chased by Edmonton *and* the other teams are taking note of our weaker play post All Star break. What team is afraid to play us now? We had a streak where if we were winning in the 2nd or 3rd period it was guaranteed we'd win, and now we are losing leads regularly.

To lose the lead means that we have to have had the lead.  Even that's proving difficult these last few games.  From once leading the league in GF and goal diff, by quite a margin, we're dropping rapidly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

True but it’s Kuzmenko who is 29 this year, not a big loss my friend. We have more important matter to attend to now. 

Depends how u look at it. Team chemistry seems to have been disrupted.  Speaking only on the contract it was absurd to pay him so much. Rookie GM mistake. 

• Cheers 1

Is the sky falling? No, I don't think so, but I'm extremely disappointed in a lot of the decisions tonight. We didn't come out to play until the 2-0 goal, which just is not good enough. As good as DeSmith has been, he wasn't up to par tonight. He really needed to have some of those goals mainly imho the 2-0 goal. He should have been pulled after that. At that point in time, the game is still reachable and sends a message to the team to wake up and slow down Vegas momentum. It's also early enough in the game where you can run DeSmith tomorrow and not Silvos. After the 2-0 goal, we had some good shifts and got one to put us in the game. But putting Bains for the shift after we scores is an absolute mind-boggling decision end of story. Bains has shown nothing to prove he's ready in the NHL. Why is he out there at a crucial part of the game where you know vegas is going to come out pushing hard to get that goal back, and that's exactly what they do. Bains shouldn't have been in the lineup today but since he was he should have been out there 2-3 shifts after the 2-1 goal it would allow the team to weather the strom a bit more and get some more momentum going our way. I can understand if it's a one-time mistake, however, it is not. Tochett has done the same thing in the past, and he actually does it tonight AGAIN with Myers after the 5-3 goal. Speaking about Myers, why was he paired so much with Hughes today? I get Zadorov was out. However, that doesn't mean you have to waste a Hughes shift with Baby sitting, Myers. I'd argue that Myers with Hughes wasn't even just because of the Zadorovs 5 and a game. We have seen that pairing numerous times throughout the year, and it NEVER works. Stop trying to fit a circle in a square hole it just doesn't work. Why can't the coaching staff recognize that sooner? Speaking of poor lineup choices, why weren't the lotto line together at all during points of this game? After the 5-3 goal that's the PERFECT time to unite it Hughes scored a 1:30 into the 3rd being able to pressure with our top line would have been huge, and by Virtue of that you'd reunite the Dak Bluger and Garland line that works so well. Rolling both those lines after Hughes' goal would have really helped swing the momentum of the game in our favor. Now on to Kelly Sutherland... what else is there left to say? His auger "retirement" is already 13 years too late. The High sticking call to Zadorov is absolute bush league. That can not be called speaking of not being called how the hell does it take a fucking linesman to speak up about Miller getting high sticked for it to actually get called? That's embarrassing to miss the Miller highstick but call the Zadorov one. Kelly is lucky his linesman saved his ass there. I don't understand the Zadorov 5 and a game Howden turns as Zadorov is about to throw the hit and is the reason he gets hit in the Numbers in the first place. Zadorov does not have time to stop making the hit or change his trajectory what is he supposed to do there? Not throw any hits?? If Manson only got 2 minutes for a much worse and dangerous hit on J.T. Miller a few weeks ago when we played Colorado there is no way in hell that Zadorov should have been a 5 and a game. There needs to be some consistency enough is enough. Which to say wasn't even Sutherlands worst error of the night. The failure of getting out the way of Miller's clearing which lead to a goal against is absolutely atrocious. The refs have 2 main things to focus on make sure the game is called right and to get out of the way. Sutherlands failure to even attempt to get out of the way shows a lack of attention for parts of his job. The NHL is the best leauge in the world we need a higher Standard than that. Overall tonight's game was not only Disastrous but a failure from the Players, the Coaches and the Officials.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Robinfood said:

Depends how u look at it. Team chemistry seems to have been disrupted.  Speaking only on the contract it was absurd to pay him so much. Rookie GM mistake. 

It wasn’t a rookie GM mistake. Alvin is smart and has Rutherford when this signing happened. A rookie scoring 38 goals on an insane shooting %. At that time we were rebuilding, we all thought he wouldn’t regress that much, and he did. You have to pay for the production, it’s business. We wanted him, and it didn’t work out, it’s sports.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Plus the Demko injury

Amazing that that doesn’t seem to factor into some peoples analysis. 😂

Like we were just gonna keep cruising at the same rate we were by plugging in DeSmith for Demko.

I think fans should have realized that DeSmith going .500 was probably a reasonable expectation. He’s not a starter. So far he’s 4-4-1 since Demko went down.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like we were just gonna keep cruising at the same rate we were by plugging in DeSmith for Demko.

I think fans should have realized that DeSmith going .500 was probably a reasonable expectation. He’s not a starter. So far he’s 4-4-1 since Demko went down.

If 4-4-1 is the expectation then we rely way too much on Demko and aren't very good defensively.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dom said:

I never said they weren't. It's just funny to me. We aren't allowed to lose games or play badly, but when other good teams do it's totally fine for them haha. 

I'd be worried if this was a little blip. But it's clearly more than a blip. Their PP has been trash since December and their overall play and intensity has dropped since the all star break. Bottom 6 scoring and EP has dried up at the wrong time of the year. This team is definitely not trending in the right direction. Even when they win games they look off.

• MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well you have to sort of outscore your problems and the Canucks have had a hard time doing that. He’s the type of goalie you need to have a few goals in the back of the net before the other team. He won’t out goalie another goalie. 

Doubt many will agree but I think they should go with the 649 line. At least for a stint.

This team needs to get it's confidence back and in a hurry. Look at some of the best teams there's ever been and they had tremendous success 

super charging their first line. Not to say it's for eternity, but there are times (like this Vegas game) that it's valuable. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

It wasn’t a rookie GM mistake. Alvin is smart and has Rutherford when this signing happened. A rookie scoring 38 goals on an insane shooting %. At that time we were rebuilding, we all thought he wouldn’t regress that much, and he did. You have to pay for the production, it’s business. We wanted him, and it didn’t work out, it’s sports.

I disagree. It’s clearly a rookie mistake to me. To have bet that big after a single season with historically elevated sh% suggests bad risk management.  But again we have different opinions n that’s fine. 

3 minutes ago, Robinfood said:

I disagree. It’s clearly a rookie mistake to me. To have bet that big after a single season with historically elevated sh% suggests bad risk management.  But again we have different opinions n that’s fine. 

These things happen in the heat of the moment. His agent was firm with 5 million plus. Would you have said no at that time? 

He was a UFA after that season, we thought we got a gem. It was just a one hit wonder my man.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Management needs to publicly put pressure on the league to fire Sutherland.  Enough is enough.

Our management group seems to be one of the few that doesnt have dirt on him, im sure the majority of managers want to keep their inside guy on the payroll

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Mikheyev can have 60 bad games in a row and go completely unnoticed. 
DeSmith plays 1 bad game and we are getting swept in the 1st round 3 weeks from now. 

Mikheyev needs to sit it’s pretty obvious.

Tocchet has kind of lost the plot a little in terms of accountability. I get that Mikheyev probably does the little things that he loves but he’s being put in a top 6 role and being paid to provide offense. Plays are dying on his stick right now.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2