[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing that that doesn’t seem to factor into some peoples analysis. 😂

Like we were just gonna keep cruising at the same rate we were by plugging in DeSmith for Demko.

I think fans should have realized that DeSmith going .500 was probably a reasonable expectation. He’s not a starter. So far he’s 4-4-1 since Demko went down.

Yes! DeSmith is just a career backup honestly…I am not trying to be mean and rude. Lol

❤️

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree 100%   Not only did we lose a 40 goal scorer - kuz who everyone loved but we wrecked the PP and changed the dynamics in the locker room and threw away 2 draft picks and two prospects for another old washed up swedish p/t rental, which this team can't seem to resist anchoring itself with after 35 years of doing so time and time again with the same morbid results.     When will we learn!

He’s never scored 40 so not a 40 goal scorer. Can’t sandbag Lindholm while propping up Kuzmenko who this season has been mediocre at best. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kuz is a great shooter. But does jack all else. What bothers me, he really either doesn't get forechecking, or struggles to do the simple things. All he had to do was cut off lanes, and passes. In fact you'd think he'd want to do that because if he steals the puck, he can be off to the races and score. No one was asking him to hit, or fight. They just wanted him to be better on puck possession, and be more responsible defensively.

Besides he wasn't scoring when we traded him.

He's a fun, nice guy. But that also doesn't win games.

This is correct.

Kuz is probably not the answer, maybe never was, and as the guys in Sportsnet said. He can score goals and rack up points when there is no defensive structure to maintain to play winning hockey, but that's about it.

I am not following the Flames and he's getting points again but I assume the team is also pretty out of it and was the same position as the Canucks last season.

We could still be proven wrong but, as it stands, Kuz just isn't the guy plays winning hockey in the NHL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

All in all, I won't make judgment on this team for the time being (unless I want to end up facing the wrath of some people 😇).

I will make judgment once the regular season is over and after their result in the playoffs.

I mean the team could go winless the for the season and still win the cup, right? 🤔 

So in the mean time ... 

200.gif

Edited by iinatcc

4 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

Is the sky falling? No, I don't think so, but I'm extremely disappointed in a lot of the decisions tonight. We didn't come out to play until the 2-0 goal, which just is not good enough. As good as DeSmith has been, he wasn't up to par tonight. He really needed to have some of those goals mainly imho the 2-0 goal. He should have been pulled after that. At that point in time, the game is still reachable and sends a message to the team to wake up and slow down Vegas momentum. It's also early enough in the game where you can run DeSmith tomorrow and not Silvos. After the 2-0 goal, we had some good shifts and got one to put us in the game. But putting Bains for the shift after we scores is an absolute mind-boggling decision end of story. Bains has shown nothing to prove he's ready in the NHL. Why is he out there at a crucial part of the game where you know vegas is going to come out pushing hard to get that goal back, and that's exactly what they do. Bains shouldn't have been in the lineup today but since he was he should have been out there 2-3 shifts after the 2-1 goal it would allow the team to weather the strom a bit more and get some more momentum going our way. I can understand if it's a one-time mistake, however, it is not. Tochett has done the same thing in the past, and he actually does it tonight AGAIN with Myers after the 5-3 goal. Speaking about Myers, why was he paired so much with Hughes today? I get Zadorov was out. However, that doesn't mean you have to waste a Hughes shift with Baby sitting, Myers. I'd argue that Myers with Hughes wasn't even just because of the Zadorovs 5 and a game. We have seen that pairing numerous times throughout the year, and it NEVER works. Stop trying to fit a circle in a square hole it just doesn't work. Why can't the coaching staff recognize that sooner? Speaking of poor lineup choices, why weren't the lotto line together at all during points of this game? After the 5-3 goal that's the PERFECT time to unite it Hughes scored a 1:30 into the 3rd being able to pressure with our top line would have been huge, and by Virtue of that you'd reunite the Dak Bluger and Garland line that works so well. Rolling both those lines after Hughes' goal would have really helped swing the momentum of the game in our favor. Now on to Kelly Sutherland... what else is there left to say? His auger "retirement" is already 13 years too late. The High sticking call to Zadorov is absolute bush league. That can not be called speaking of not being called how the hell does it take a fucking linesman to speak up about Miller getting high sticked for it to actually get called? That's embarrassing to miss the Miller highstick but call the Zadorov one. Kelly is lucky his linesman saved his ass there. I don't understand the Zadorov 5 and a game Howden turns as Zadorov is about to throw the hit and is the reason he gets hit in the Numbers in the first place. Zadorov does not have time to stop making the hit or change his trajectory what is he supposed to do there? Not throw any hits?? If Manson only got 2 minutes for a much worse and dangerous hit on J.T. Miller a few weeks ago when we played Colorado there is no way in hell that Zadorov should have been a 5 and a game. There needs to be some consistency enough is enough. Which to say wasn't even Sutherlands worst error of the night. The failure of getting out the way of Miller's clearing which lead to a goal against is absolutely atrocious. The refs have 2 main things to focus on make sure the game is called right and to get out of the way. Sutherlands failure to even attempt to get out of the way shows a lack of attention for parts of his job. The NHL is the best leauge in the world we need a higher Standard than that. Overall tonight's game was not only Disastrous but a failure from the Players, the Coaches and the Officials.

I like reading but this wall of text is intimidating. I agree with your points and sentiment.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Dom said:

Really? The Preds are on a 3 game losing streak & have lost 7-4, 8-4, 3-0. The Kings are on a 3 game losing streak as well. 

We have played bad lately - but so have other good teams. 

Avalanche 

Rangers

Lightning

Panthers x2

Oilers 

Preds

Canucks 

what do these teams have in common since April 1st, they all lost games and majority of them to non-playoff teams. 

Canucks have been playing like trash for a few weeks now, not sure what the issue is, but im confident with 100% certainty they are either going to win a round or lose a round in the playoffs - Stanley Cup was never an expectation, not sure why it changes now. They have a 3-4 year window, possibly longer and need the playoff experience prior to becoming a contender. 

Hopefully players like Lekerremaki, Willander, DPetey replace Lafferty, Cole and Myers and Hogs, Dak, Juulsen, and Podk take another step next season. 

• Like 3

The team isn't playing as well as they can. Demko will help but so would powerplay goals. Tonight was a game best summed up by quinn falling over and giving up a breakaway, it is rare that we play that badly during a period. Outside of that period 4-1 it was a 2-2 game. 

It's definitely time to get serious. Bains is not ready for primetime. Juulsen needs to play and cole looks like he needs rest. Desmith too, i hope silovs goes in. Time to set the lines too - lotto, bluegers, etc, just time to trust combinations. Hopefully lindholm can return as he at least creates another checking line. 

Very few easy games left, coyotes and flames are it. 

We made the playoffs, home ice is nice but rather get our game back vs a higher spot.

Can do post-mortems in July, time now to dig in and urge them on. 

• Like 1

13-10-3 since the ASG.  Team isn’t the same.  No sense in keeping the rose colored glasses on.  A first round exit is happening unless they get it fixed fast.  You don’t just turn it on come game 83.  Petey where you at? Power play where you at? Bottom 6 where you at?  Thankfully Quinn and JT are still showing up most nights. 

i still believe though.  Perhaps it’s the wake and bake session I just engaged in that gives me that belief ♥️💨

-Guadeloupe Jones 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Woof. That was another stinker of an effort. 
I think when Kuz’s and Mik’s offence completely disappeared we went from a team with 2 good scoring lines and the best 3rd line in the game to a team with 2 scoring lines and a bunch of pieces. Much easier to defend a 2 line team and we aren’t surprising anyone. 
Hopefully when Lindholm is back and if his wrist is better we can start to put together some semblance of an offensively capable third line again.  
If we keep stacking up all our offence in the top 6 we are an easy out without bubble Demko. 

18 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

Avalanche 

Rangers

Lightning

Panthers x2

Oilers 

Preds

Canucks 

what do these teams have in common since April 1st, they all lost games and majority of them to non-playoff teams. 

Canucks have been playing like trash for a few weeks now, not sure what the issue is, but im confident with 100% certainty they are either going to win a round or lose a round in the playoffs - Stanley Cup was never an expectation, not sure why it changes now. They have a 3-4 year window, possibly longer and need the playoff experience prior to becoming a contender. 

Hopefully players like Lekerremaki, Willander, DPetey replace Lafferty, Cole and Myers and Hogs, Dak, Juulsen, and Podk take another step next season. 

Win one, lose one? There's only win one. Lose one, and yer out! Win four, and you're champs.

Can't rush those young Swede prospects. Willander has only played in N.A. one season, and Leks, D-Petey only now getting their feet wet. And they're all but 19 years of age! Better to develop them on the farm.

I mean do we want to have a Virtanen scenario? Too early to the show, ended up a no show. Also look at Hogs and Podz. We had to send 'em down to the farm for further development after NHL stints. 

I'm all for removing pricey free agents and replacing with cheaper prospects. But the prospects have to be proven ready for the NHL. In my opinion Bains and Podz shoulda' stayed in Abbotsford. I get that the organization wants a look see as to how they play with the big club. And probably doing so for the reasons of depth for the playoffs. But both Bains and Podz seemingly are in the lineup. Podz looking better than Bains, I might add.

Karlsson? Dries? Brisebois? Wolanin? Weren't these the guys next in rotation the last couple of seasons? Anywho.......I get it. The more the merrier. The longer a team progresses in playoffs, the likelihood of injury comes into play. And depths is key. Best to see what else we got, huh.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

Yes. However, can you really look at Pettersson’s game the last 50 or so and feel confident that he’ll just magically turn it back on in 2 weeks? What about the 4th line and its lack of identity? It’s scored 2 goals in the last 25… 

This is a stretch without Demko and an injured Lindholm, we are much better than what yesterday showed. Actually, we outplayed Vegas for 38 minutes as soon as the bleeding stopped. But it’s 2 weeks away from the playoffs and that’s the effort we’re seeing from our team. It’s concerning, and to not acknowledge that is (in my opinion) foolish. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

TSN sucks.

"Marchessault scores team-high 41st goal, Golden Knights win third straight over Canucks"

I read that as they have won 3 in a row against the Canucks - but that's not right - we beat them last month.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KFAN said:

Bad, bad 1st. Bad goaltending, bad backchecking, bad reffing, bad coaching. Why would RT put the Blueger line out against LV top line 3 times (3 goals)? Bains looked lost out there. 

We're going to be okay, maybe not too far into the playoffs, but the 1st and 2nd lines are looking pretty good. And tonight Suter's line had some good shifts.

Maybe to test his 3rd line against the best to see what he has... now he knows. Better now than during the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

With the amount of 2 on 1’s we give up every game I don’t think he was the only defensive liability. At least he provided another scoring option. 

Won't do much difference sitting in the press box... Tocchet didn't want him on this team.... get over it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

"We need to do better" is a tired thing in interviews. Not sure what else can be said, but I've heard that too many times over many years.

What do you expect to hear after defeats...?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Canucks will probably smoke the Coyotes today and we will go back to thinking everything is fine and dandy - because the NHL is tough and there are no weak teams. But let’s be clear, there’s a huge difference between a team like Vegas/LA and the Coyotes.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks will probably smoke the Coyotes today and we will go back to thinking everything is fine and dandy - because the NHL is tough and there are no weak teams. But let’s be clear, there’s a huge difference between a team like Vegas/LA and the Coyotes.

Aren’t we a lot ahead of LA and Vegas? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I'll be worried if the Canucks can't smoke the Coyotes.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I agree - No desperation tonight - not until the score was like 4-1 / 5-1.  Yes, they are playing poorly lately especially the PK (giving up another 2 goals tonight) and will be facing hot teams in the playoffs.  To right the ship and to be successful in the playoffs for this team, it will all boil down to PK and team defense along with consistent goal tending.  They do not have the firepower of some of the other teams (as the team is also built a bit differently) - so will need to address a much stronger D performance. 

Everyone starts at zero and it does not matter if you have a previous 7 game winning / losing streak go into game 01.  First one to 16 takes it all. 

Only thing I hope is that the Canucks have a lot more left in the tank to give - other teams like the Oilers / Avs seem to have  infinite energy in the last 3 months and never seem to be tired.

LV looked to be on PEDs. (Winners: LV Coke Dealers)(Where is NHL Drug Testing today?  Down some NY Sewer methinks.)

Refs were obviously biased. (Winners: Crooked Refs everywhere, Buttman, and the BoG.)

Canucks looked stale and overwhelmed (Again by LV; Shite!).

Credit to Tocchet for stemming the tide and getting the team to play well after falling 4 goals down.

This thread is great for finding new Debbies to Ignore, lol.

GO CANUCKS GO!  (THUMPING ARIZONA TONIGHT!)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No, the team would have lost 8-4 instead of 6-3.

Kuz is a great shooter. But does jack all else. What bothers me, he really either doesn't get forechecking, or struggles to do the simple things. All he had to do was cut off lanes, and passes. In fact you'd think he'd want to do that because if he steals the puck, he can be off to the races and score. No one was asking him to hit, or fight. They just wanted him to be better on puck possession, and be more responsible defensively.

Besides he wasn't scoring when we traded him.

He's a fun, nice guy. But that also doesn't win games.

Bottom line we keep getting glaring reminders that you can't fix the defence overnight. I still say the mix isn't right. And the Canucks struggle against the bigger, heavier teams. I want to like Cole, but he and Chaos Giraffe just are so inconsistent. I'll take the rookie mistakes of Juulsen, over the brain cramps of Myers and Cole.

I really hope we move on from Cole and Myers next year. They might be great guys, and good team-mates, but man. They just can stink up the joint at times.

Yanno some how Id take Kuz, Greenway and Duhaine over Bains, PDG and Aman. I know call me crazy.