[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights

MikeyD

Poor 1st no way around it... Need to start better against a Vegas team that clearly was more up for it than us to start with...

Must admit, when it became 3-1, I just wanted the boys to go head hunting... I know Vegas is a tough team, but the shocking embellishment by Pietrangelo made me so angry... Its like 2011 DIVING CRAP... Seeing the refs huddle up after the high stick to Miller or after a none event off side, but a blatant dive was just accepted.. total bush league...

Well they didn't so had to look for other positives, so Podkolzin is a wrecking ball and actually hits to hurt... Great to see.. Hope to see Lafferty do more as well... 

Starting to wonder if Putting Hogs back to 3rd or 4th line would be advantageous in order to get some scoring from the 3 and 4th line.

Load up on 1st line, and then (if Lindholm is back) put Garland and Joshua together with him... Need to get some scoring going from the top lines...

As for the overall concerns raised from various posters about resent losses... Yeah its not perfect, and it would be nice to start getting some wins under the belt again to grow a bit of confidence, but as have been mentioned several times already, teams tend to back off a little, once they clinched their playoffs spot.

Still think the boys could have been done with the rest instead of participating in the circus show ASG...it is, what it is...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s never scored 40 so not a 40 goal scorer. Can’t sandbag Lindholm while propping up Kuzmenko who this season has been mediocre at best. 

Well that's kinda nit picky. He scored 39 with us last year, and is on a 36 goal pace with calgary. For sure he has some defensive issues, but the guy van score in the right system.

I totally get why we traded him, and Lindholm definitely seemed like the last piece of the puzzle, but don't run down Kuzzy just because. Clearly the guy can score.

Can you imagine having to pay almost $700 to watch that train wreck?  Well, that's the price in 2 weeks. 

I give the Canucks 5 games. Doesn't matter who they play. They look horrible, not going to candy coat it. Blame all around. 

Pettersson has become such a disappointment since the All Star break. If he was really injured, they would be resting him for the playoffs. Not like they're battling for a playoff spot. Nope, Petey is sulking folks.

4 hours ago, Alexandre said:

I like reading but this wall of text is intimidating. I agree with your points and sentiment.

Dude needs to learn the value of..

(white space)  

(ahhh.. white space)

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Until desmith had that great assist, I thought it was an even start, but that seemed to deflate them 

Agreed. Would love to restart that game and have him cover the puck.... man he is horrible with giving up rebounds. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

I hope we just go to something like this.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Lindholm - Joshua

Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin

Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

I like that a lot

If the lotto line can get back to form and josh and garl drag lindy into the fire ...

This could work very well

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

Agreed. Would love to restart that game and have him cover the puck.... man he is horrible with giving up rebounds. 

It wasn't the rebound, there's going to be a rebound on a save like that (a fantastic save btw), but the recovery?  Ugh.

I don't think Cole should be in when it's a healthy lineup, but he did nothing wrong on that goal.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

13-10-3 since the ASG.  Team isn’t the same.  No sense in keeping the rose colored glasses on.  A first round exit is happening unless they get it fixed fast.  You don’t just turn it on come game 83.  Petey where you at? Power play where you at? Bottom 6 where you at?  Thankfully Quinn and JT are still showing up most nights. 

i still believe though.  Perhaps it’s the wake and bake session I just engaged in that gives me that belief ♥️💨

-Guadeloupe Jones 

How about Beer Goggles ?

21 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well that's kinda nit picky. He scored 39 with us last year, and is on a 36 goal pace with calgary. For sure he has some defensive issues, but the guy van score in the right system.

I totally get why we traded him, and Lindholm definitely seemed like the last piece of the puzzle, but don't run down Kuzzy just because. Clearly the guy can score.

Yeah but..  you haven't done it if you haven't done it.

That's what records are all about.

Otherwise we'd have at least 3 (Just About Won The) Stanley Cups.

It was tremendous management to pick up a free agent, fluff him up, and trade him for what we needed.  Endy Story.

-if Z's hit was sooo bad, then why wasn't Howden in the quiet room for half a period?

-on the goal that Hughes 'fell' at the blue line... if you look closely, the Knight player hooks huggie's arm and twists him causing him to fall... blatant interference.

-I've noticed a lot of sticks either being broken by the other team or being held, these are not being called as often as they should be.

-Sutherland is and always has been a joke. Being from our area, he's probably trying to overcompensate to not show favoritism. Easy solution is he never works one of our games. ( or fire his a$$)

-remember the Oilers have 3 back to back sets in the next 3 weeks, while our only one is tonight. 

-In MY opinion, our only REAL worry come playoffs, is the inconsistency of the reffing as I feel that we CAN beat ANY of the Pacific teams in a 7 game series. 

6B6444BC-E1A2-4B03-82EB-5ECA97B6753D.thumb.jpeg.3d072b630a9b92c37b6b51e2a53c0b15.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Pears said:

One bad game after an 8-3-1 stretch and all the trolls come out celebrating in the streets. 

I think the bigger issue is that of the losses, they've all been against teams that we would see in the playoffs.  This wasn't a good effort and it hasn't been a good effort the last 4 games.  We won the game vs the Ducks but it wasn't a well played game.

Instead of tightening things up this team is only tightening their grip on their sticks.  Bottom 6 has been horrible, top 6 has been worse somehow.  Everyone has to find their top game and right facking meow.

I'd think about putting our third line back together and running the lotto line out again.  Lindhom, with Hoglander & Podkolzin. 

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

remember the Oilers have 3 back to back sets in the next 3 weeks, while our only one is tonight

Man that's pretty messed up scheduling.  There's less than 10 games left, and there's 3 back-to-backs in their schedule?  Not that I care about the Oilers, but man, whoever does the scheduling for the NHL needs to be replaced.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man that's pretty messed up scheduling.  There's less than 10 games left, and there's 3 back-to-backs in their schedule?  Not that I care about the Oilers, but man, whoever does the scheduling for the NHL needs to be replaced.

as long as it's them and not us, I don't mind. 

they have to play 9 games in 18 days... they have to make up all those games in hand. 

Edited by grumpyone
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno, our record last month was solid but we haven't looked dangerous over this past stretch

The way they've been playing Edmonton may very well catch us, which is wild considering how they started the season

I think they were 12 and now they're 5 pts behind us.It's very possible they could catch us. Apparently we could go 4-3 and they could go 8-1 and we'd still win the Division.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan