Line brawl opens Rangers-Devils tilt after Rempe, MacDermid start

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You lied, @The Arrogant Worms.  I wanted a line brawl and all I saw were two guys fighting plus a nice ass-shot of Igor Shesterkin.

Seriously - when do you get to see a line brawl today and why the fuck did TNT team stay zoomed in on one fight the entire time?

10 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You lied, @The Arrogant Worms.  I wanted a line brawl and all I saw were two guys fighting plus a nice ass-shot of Igor Shesterkin.

Seriously - when do you get to see a line brawl today and why the fuck did TNT team stay zoomed in on one fight the entire time?

I lied?  LOL.  I don't work for Sportsnet and I didn't write the headline.

jiFfM.jpg

That Rempe kid sure reminds me of Keith Magnuson as a fighter. He’s game but gets beat down every time. Magnuson, of course, could actually play; Rempe not so much. Rempe isn’t going to last long. He’s a sideshow. 

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

OK so they wait until puck drop. So there's a live puck out there. What if one of them just took the puck and had himself a breakaway? 😆

That’s what I was thinking. But I noticed the dmen were hanging back until everyone took a partner. Trouba was the last guy to jump in. He got the smallest guy on Jersey and pummelled him.  Typical Trouba move. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

That Rempe kid sure reminds me of Keith Magnuson as a fighter. He’s game but gets beat down every time. Magnuson, of course, could actually play; Rempe not so much. Rempe isn’t going to last long. He’s a sideshow. 

He won his first two fights. In the second fight Deslauriers had his forehead smacked in and had to use a wrestling move to take down Rempe. 

IMO the only fight that Rempe really lost handily was against that smaller guy from Columbus. He got in tight and pummelled him. Rempe never used his reach on that guy. He needs to take boxing lessons in the summer. 

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s what I was thinking. But I noticed the dmen were hanging back until everyone took a partner. Trouba was the last guy to jump in. He got the smallest guy on Jersey and pummelled him.  Typical Trouba move. 

Come to think of it the refs blow the whistle when a fight starts. So the puck and the clock would be dead. Otherwise if a team was up 2-1 with 2 minutes left they could just start a brawl and run the clock out.

• ThereItIs 1

About the only time you ever see a fight these days is the rare time something like this happens.   Otherwise as soon as one punch is landed, the refs come to the rescue.