[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's less the results I'm concerned about and more the observable play on the ice. he's not carrying the puck, not making plays, not winning battles, not moving his feet, not shooting the puck, etc.

I trust they'll figure it out. 

It's not being ignored. Whatever it is, it's being worked on game to game. It won't last and needs to be figured out quickly.

The good thing ... He's actually one day closer to figuring it out. 

14 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Can we call this a down year for Petey now. He’s 17 points off his pace last year. He only has 6 games left. Is it a disappointing year for Petey in your opinion? I would like to hear peoples thoughts. 

14 hours ago, Robinfood said:

Disappointing. He is supposed to be the game breaker player for us. He’s been anything but this season. It’s not about the points only, it’s when you show up to help the team win. Too many times he hasn’t 

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He should spend a week in the ice tub. 

disintegration-ice.gif

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would sit him out till the playoffs. 

He should be thinking of what is best for the team. Him stronger for the playoffs would help a lot. We don't need to see him struggling through the rest of the end of the schedule.  Get strong. Work with the trainers. Rest those wrists or knee or back or whatevers sore. This post season is our everything.  Sorry but fk those point totals. You're going to get paid, big. The boys can clean up these last few games. Make winning the priority. Isn't that what you wanted?

Go Canucks go!!

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watching a replay of last night's Stars Coilers game. Star's middle 6 looks good maintains good pressure.  Ottinger looking really sharp. Wyatt Johndon just got his 30th goal as a 20 year old. Robertson always dangerous.  Edmonton looks a step behind. McJesus not really making an impact. Jamie Benn looking sharp gets their 4th goal. Dallas is money in the slot. As Dallas default seems to be for their forwards is to land in the slot somewhere. Steel get their 5th at the end of the 1st. 4 goals in 6 minutes. Oilers defense and goaltending look weak. 
Dallas on their way to 6 straight wins. 

Dallas will go far in the playoffs; might even win the cup.  So many players on the team with tons of

playoff experience; even the youngest players played 19gms just last year.  Don't like the Stars,

but sure love their chances.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Yes. Full NMC! Kicks in next year though. So could still trade him before July 1st I believe?

Unless he finds the old Petey that could be unfortuate. Don't think he's going anywhere before July 1

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Dallas will go far in the playoffs; might even win the cup.  So many players on the team with tons of

playoff experience; even the youngest players played 19gms just last year.  Don't like the Stars,

but sure love their chances.

if the play offs started today, they'd have to play LA first round... not an easy match up

I think the team is going through a stretch of unlucky bounces and bad calls, unlike earlier in the season where everything seemed to go the Canucks way and the PDO numbers showed that. Things always regress to the mean over a long enough stretch, and it feels like that correction has happened over the past few weeks. If the Canucks can get a few breaks heading in to the playoffs, I could easily see them regaining some of that earlier swagger and having a nice playoff run. They are playing some stout defence and we all know what they say about defence and championships.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I think the team is going through a stretch of unlucky bounces and bad calls, unlike earlier in the season where everything seemed to go the Canucks way and the PDO numbers showed that. Things always regress to the mean over a long enough stretch, and it feels like that correction has happened over the past few weeks. If the Canucks can get a few breaks heading in to the playoffs, I could easily see them regaining some of that earlier swagger and having a nice playoff run. They are playing some stout defence and we all know what they say about defence and championships.

Like Rutherford said, it's good that they're dealing with the adversity now. I expect that within the next couple of games, the team will start playing better and more unified. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Like Rutherford said, it's good that they're dealing with the adversity now. I expect that within the next couple of games, the team will start playing better and more unified. 

It's an old overused cliche' but I think its relevant (re: "It's a process"  Don't expect the team to suddenly turn from a team maybe in the draft lottery to a Cup contender overnight).

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It's an old overused cliche' but I think its relevant (re: "It's a process"  Don't expect the team to suddenly turn from a team maybe in the draft lottery to a Cup contender overnight).

The Canucks have made a pretty seismic shift, mind you. That being said, there's a huge amount that goes into building a team culture, and just as much work in maintaining it. So many variables, so many personalities, so many ideas, all that have to be managed and kept moving in a similar direction. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Exactly this. There has been good happening in these games. Namely the D. So the fact that some things haven't been working can be looked at that we're closer to them actually working and getting back on track. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

if the play offs started today, they'd have to play LA first round... not an easy match up

I'd put my $ on Dallas.  They have solid D, scoring and goaltending.  Very balanced team with tons

of playoff experience.

In the season games: 5-1, 4-1, 4-1 all Dallas wins.

23 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Unless he finds the old Petey that could be unfortuate. Don't think he's going anywhere before July 1

Yeah but even if best case scenario Petey has a good playoffs... he has still shown us that he is a 50% player at best.

Over there years now there been multiple times he has dissappear for months. He has done it under 3 different coaches.

He has a ton of red flags. I can't believe management made the 8 year decision at this point in time. 

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'd put my $ on Dallas.  They have solid D, scoring and goaltending.  Very balanced team with tons

of playoff experience.

In the season games: 5-1, 4-1, 4-1 all Dallas wins.

Me too. Got to hand it to them for their drafting and development. Jim Nill is the best GM out there. 

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

The NMC clause doesn't start until July 1, 2025.  I believe you have be 27 years old to have a NMC in a contract.

15 hours ago, coolboarder said:

4 of next 6 games are playoff bound teams: Kings, Knights, Oilers and Jets.  Good preparation, no matter how we play, win or lose.  All teams will be desperate to grab some home ice advantage for first round.  The Kings will be desperate to clinch a spot early and Knights might eyeing for an chance to grab the 2nd in the division.   This is a good motivator for the Canucks to get up and play a sound game if they can and clinch the division title as they still have something to play for.

Good take! Those games are perfect prep at the right time. Forces us to elevate our game with the proper intensity. They'll have a pre-playoff vibe for sure.