[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

canucks-defencemen-all-time-scoring.png

should overtake eagle somewhere around early december of next season. 

edit: ha, looked at the wrong column. 

let's just say I'm very optimistic. 

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The camera work look like coverage of a Junior B game. Awful.

I was wondering. I watching last period on my phone and thinking has my eyesight just gotten much worse suddenly? Or is this particular game just awful camera lines? Glad to hear it’s camera lines. I guess that’s what happens when your team plays in a college arena in a US town that’s not in Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Aww, what's the matter? Can't take what you can give?

I generally write about the game and my observations and engage with other posters about topics.

I don't just throw out random attacks on people looking for attention.

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Isn't it sad, that only until recently Management has understood we need to draft elite defencemen if we want to go far?

Partner you just read about how fantastic QH stats are and your only comment is a negative one about the Canucks drafting policies?

Man give your head a shake. Negative is as negative does.

This team is coming on.  They are in the playoffs again, finally. Stop with the negative vibes Moriarty. (Kelly's Heroes).

3 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Yes. I left the ‘u’ off of ‘you’. Still not a fail, perhaps a bit of a dangle…..

Totally a fail.. when you arrogantly take the time to correct someone's Grammer and you too make a Grammer mistake ... that's so lame man. 

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I do like this. Gives me the warm and fuzzies. 

Honestly I'll cheer for any canadian team in the playoffs except the Oilers and Leafs.

I will take great joy watching the Oilers shit the bed in the playoffs!

I think the franchise would self destruct. 

23 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I do like this. Gives me the warm and fuzzies. 

Honestly I'll cheer for any canadian team in the playoffs except the Oilers and Leafs.

I will take great joy watching the Oilers shit the bed in the playoffs!

Brother in arms

• Cheers 1

Time to check out ufa Matt Roy on Saturday.  If Hronek wants 8M 

Roy RHD could be a good replacement at 4M-5M. 

The money saved we can use on our bottom 6.

Roy's cap hit is currently 3.1M

29 years old 6'2" 210 lb 

I'm getting Green defense first vibes recently.  I saw it with Bains dump and change, reminded me of Jake. Strict orders to dump and gtfo off the ice mentality.  No creativity.  At a certain point preaching the 200 foot game does effect offensive flow,creativity.  We need to find that happy medium again.

We had it. We can find it again, as a team. Including the coach.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Totally a fail.. when you arrogantly take the time to correct someone's Grammer and you too make a Grammer mistake ... that's so lame man. 

Hey you two, this is a Canucks HOCKEY forum, not some place to battle like little kids. Let's keep it to Canucks. 

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dude only recently have we drafted Hughes, hopefully Woo, D-Petey, and Willander will pan out among others in the last draft.  When Benning drafted another defenceman he picked Juolevi.

Fact: Prior to 2016 it was 11 years since we drafted Luc Bourdon (RIP) a defenceman in the first round.

I like the fact that our current management sees glaring holes in our lineup and is drafting to address it.

In fact Defencemen usually bring you better returns than a lot of forwards.

I don't see how that's negative praising management addressing areas of weakness in our previous regime. I find it amusing that Benning, an ex-Defenceman wasn't great at scouting defence.

You are getting a little too defensive. If anything Vancouver should try to be like Nashville. Get top end talent, and still have cap room.

You don't see me like others on here who only harp on the negative. In fact I have hopes that Lindholm will show us what he can do when he gets back and in the playoffs.

I'm not RU Serious or the other Eeyore's on here.

Are you saying we can't be critical of aspects of our team, and appreciate we have a Management group that seems to want to address our weaknesses and make the team better?

He's actually the type of defenseman we would have a need for.  Like a poor man's Salo (offensively/defensively).  That's what Jim Benning was as a NHLer (at least that's my recollection).

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dude only recently have we drafted Hughes, hopefully Woo, D-Petey, and Willander will pan out among others in the last draft.  When Benning drafted another defenceman he picked Juolevi.

Fact: Prior to 2016 it was 11 years since we drafted Luc Bourdon (RIP) a defenceman in the first round.

I like the fact that our current management sees glaring holes in our lineup and is drafting to address it.

In fact Defencemen usually bring you better returns than a lot of forwards.

I don't see how that's negative praising management addressing areas of weakness in our previous regime. I find it amusing that Benning, an ex-Defenceman wasn't great at scouting defence.

You are getting a little too defensive. If anything Vancouver should try to be like Nashville. Get top end talent, and still have cap room.

You don't see me like others on here who only harp on the negative. In fact I have hopes that Lindholm will show us what he can do when he gets back and in the playoffs.

I'm not RU Serious or the other Eeyore's on here.

Are you saying we can't be critical of aspects of our team, and appreciate we have a Management group that seems to want to address our weaknesses and make the team better?

Brian Burke was a real Nostradamus!  Remember when Burke said:  "Dave Gagner was the key part of the Pavel Bure trade.  Deal doesn't get done if he wasn't part of the trade".  We all laughed at that response (or at least I did).

We all know that Mike Gillis couldn't draft but under his management, they did sign undrafted D prospect Chris Tanev.  Guess who the Canucks amateur scout that recommended Gillis sign him?  Dave Gagner.

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Nice.

Edited by Captkirk888

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm getting Green defense first vibes recently.  I saw it with Bains dump and change, reminded me of Jake. Strict orders to dump and gtfo off the ice mentality.  No creativity.  At a certain point preaching the 200 foot game does effect offensive flow,creativity.  We need to find that happy medium again.

We had it. We can find it again, as a team. Including the coach.

Off topic from your post Hairy, but what is with bloggers (is that even what we call social media posters?) not spelling Blueger correctly? Is it a joke I’m missing? Or just literally poor spelling/research? I’ve seen it spelled as above, Bleuger, several times by several different insider/blogger types on X. Sorry offtopic, but just something that’s been triggering me a bit the last few days, lol.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Partner you just read about how fantastic QH stats are and your only comment is a negative one about the Canucks drafting policies?

Man give your head a shake. Negative is as negative does.

This team is coming on.  They are in the playoffs again, finally. Stop with the negative vibes Moriarty. (Kelly's Heroes).

I think you missed the key part of, “until recently”? Ghosts wasn’t saying anything negative about management or Hughes, was just commenting it seems like the last few regimes have not put a focus on drafting D. Ghosts is far from a negative poster.

• Cheers 2