[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

2 hours ago, stawns said:

That the oilers have a much softer finish ahead of them. You were indicating they didn't, so I asked which schedule you would take if given the choice

The Oilers have 3 back to backs remaining.

That is not an easy schedule.

• ThereItIs 2

We beat the Coyotes and give up only one goal with our young netminder. Vegas gives up 7 to the Coyotes a couple nights later. The Coyotes have been scoring a lot of goals over their last few games. They’ve been playing hot. We were the only club to stop them. We are great! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

Back to backs are so overstated here.  These athletes are more than used to it, especially at this point in the season.

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Dom said:

I said the Oilers have a good chance of losing 2 in the next 7. & I stand by that. Not sure why you're trying to argue something completely different. 

I think the strongest bet is us head to head vs the oilers

Winner take all.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Its not like we’re cheering for this team to be something they’re not like previous seasons. We’re cheering for them to get back to something they’ve already proven they can be.

That’s a big difference and why I’m not as concerned as some.

I also have faith that everyone in this organization cares and is trying to get better every day. That’s why I think JR isn’t concerned about Petey cause he sees how hard he’s working. When a player as skilled as him works hard it’s only a matter of time before he breaks through.

Believe in the Alien, he will return.

With Petie 

There's working hard

And there's working smart.

Hard is to get greedy with personal stats. Tougher row to hoe. Working smart, for Petie, is to find a zen outreach for his skills. And how to optimize his shot 'where he's at'. He's our best finisher, he's got to find that Lion hunger for the back of the net. He seems to be waiting for that switch to hit. ie passively waiting not actively imposing his #40 jersey on our opponents. We don't need him to attend every single game. It's late in the season people stop taking attendance. Many stars are resting for the playoffs like Stone. I want him to score goals in each of his first 4 playoff games.

EP 40 style 

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Well the Canucks have yet to hold a lead against LA this season and the oilers are one of the best teams in the league from December on.  Despite the last game, I think the knights are beatable

LA has had our number but I think with Demko, Lindholm and some tough lessons from the past losses they will figure out that they can’t play pretty hockey to beat them. 

Oilers are almost scary like the Avs but  lack the defensive talent.

Although the original question was about remaining regular season schedules, I think the Canucks can take either of the above in a seven game series. If the Canucks play the Avs, I think it would be a series where one of the big dogs on the Avs makes a compelling case for the Conn Smythe.

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think it’s a bit simplistic to say back to backs are inherently difficult. However, I agree that they appear to affect a team if it has to travel in between the games, or the second game starts early.

4 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

LA has had our number but I think with Demko, Lindholm and some tough lessons from the past losses they will figure out that they can’t play pretty hockey to beat them. 

Oilers are almost scary like the Avs but  lack the defensive talent.

Although the original question was about remaining regular season schedules, I think the Canucks can take either of the above in a seven game series. If the Canucks play the Avs, I think it would be a series where one of the big dogs on the Avs makes a compelling case for the Conn Smythe.

Yup. The Coilers stink and have a Baby Whiner for their captain. That guy will never lead a club to a championship. Unless it’s on a goof course. 

• Haha 2

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I think it’s a bit simplistic to say back to backs are inherently difficult. However, I agree that they appear to affect a team if it has to travel in between the games, or the second game starts early.

It doesn’t matter if you’re the best team in the league or the worst, back to backs are significant. Not only are you going to be tired but you’re backup goalie is going to play in one of the game.

That makes a significant impact. Look at the Avalanche yesterday. The Oilers beat them easily. They were on the second game of a back to back.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Back to backs are so overstated here.  These athletes are more than used to it, especially at this point in the season.

Ya just like the Avalanche last night?