[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

3 minutes ago, Power-Forward said:

He wanted to be on a winning team. He never said he was gonna do anything lol

If he’s not injured then maybe some humble pie will make him work his butt off to get better for next year. It will be great if he figures it out this year but if he doesn’t I just hope he’s super motivated for next year because there are parts of his game such as strength, balance, and agility that he has to get stronger and better at. Being cocky is great but hopefully he sees how much farther he has to take his game. Off years motivate stars to come back better. Let’s only hope he’s motivated as well.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I noticed him passing the puck instead of shooting at an open net... did I mention the pass failed?

Worse than that in the second he was in the high slot with a clean look at a shot and he passed it off to the wing.  Sign of zero confidence right now.

Edited by ronning4center

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If he’s not injured then maybe some humble pie will make him work his butt off to get better for next year. It will be great if he figures it out if he doesn’t I just hope he’s super motivated for next year because there are parts of his game such as strength, balance, and agility that he has to get stronger and better at. Being cocky is great but hopefully he sees how much farther he has to take his game. Off years motivate stars to come back better. Let’s only hope.

I want him to get better by playoffs! I’m actually glad he got hit today, someone needs to wake his ass up! Time will tell 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

Worse than that in the second he was in the high slot eith clean look at a shot and he passed it off to the wing.  Sign of zero confidence right now.

Or injury so he can’t. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Just watched this on pvr.  Wow.  So Arizona forchecks like a cup contender and they get vezna goaltending.  Is it just me or is this a weird run of incredible opposition play? 

It does look like we are playing with a lack of confidence which I chalk up to tochetts busy coaching style wearing on the guys. They look like they are afraid to make mistakes.

I was at the last Coyotes game on January 18 and we squeaked out a 2-1 win with Demko in net. They weren't pushovers and had a good physical game. They're not as bad as people think. They just beat Nashville and the CBJ. 

• Upvote 4

Hot takes refurbished: 

(1) Embellishment should be an automatic 1+ game suspension and a fine of up to 5% of the guys cap hit

(2) 11-7 works, but stop playing the defenseman as a forward. Focus on keeping guys rested on the back end, and then you have Juulsen instead of Zadorov out killing a crucial PK in a 1-0 game. Be more creative on offense, Tocch. It's easier with Lindholm in, for sure, and it sounds like he'll get a game or two before the playoffs, but keep it fluid. Roll three lines and add Hog/Podz with Lafferty and Suter every two rotations or if you need an energy bump. 

My Saturday lines:

Hog - Petey - Boeser 

Dak - Miller - Garland 

Podz - Blueger - Mikheyev 

Lafferty - Suter 

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers 

Zadorov - Juulsen 

Cole 

• ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Just check the GDT. They are going to complain about Petey not shooting on an open net, when I can 100% guarantee you coach would say he made the right play. 

That guy really is just the worst. We should consider trading him.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Too many people content with this win. Canucks should’ve had this game over a long time ago. Not sitting on a 1-0 lead. 

I agree - though happy with the W and effort - thought it was getting pretty close there for a few minutes. 

Ingram played well for Az.  If they run into a hot goalie, think the forwards need to drive a bit more to the net (like they did against Hellebuyck a few weeks back) - the goalies are so good now you rarely beat them on long shots unless screened - otherwise its the close in opportunities.

Still need more work and improvement on the PK though - Az scored on a set play from the slot like Dallas, WPG did few weeks back. 

Six games left to hopefully clean up the pk and other defensive areas before round 01.   Hope the players get rested up for the rematch against the Kings.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

37 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well to be honest in the last little stretch we’ve won against Buffalo, Montreal, Calgary, Anaheim and now Arizona - all non-playoff teams and lost to Vegas, LA and Dallas. Definitely not a trend I want to get used to

Canucks vs non-Playoff Teams 

MV5BZjYxODI0OGUtNjRkMS00NzY3LWJiMjItNzY3MjU3ZjZiN2Q1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

Canucks vs Playoff teams

Gillberg.jpg

Edited by iinatcc
  • Wiener 1

23 minutes ago, viking mama said:

EP seems to be playing a lot like he did when he first had his previous wrist injury,..like he’s protecting something for a period of time, but he’s just too good at some other things to be sitting  out of the line-up.

Like when a singer loses their voice, perhaps they whisper or take it easy while talking, butl they just need to rest it & not be belting out tunes or yelling for awhile. Something like that could be going on.

I may be wrong….but ya know that I may be right!  

Yes...good analogy.  Petey is definitely the Vince Neil of the canucks right now.  Zero voice....

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Enough already!

He’s clearly resting something, but the 75% (shooting-less) Petey is still getting an opportunity to play with various player configurations out there, & getting intel on the opposition he’ll be facing.

He’s definitely being a bit stealth about it.  I believe they’ll have him at  100% for the play-offs, by resting his wrist from that wicked wrist-shot, doing the physio & getting those electro-pulse treatments or whatever their called.

That’s just what it’ s going to take, I presume.

Ragging’ ’ on him for what we know nothin’ about, isn’t what true fans should do.

Get on the bandwagon & wave an EP40 flag.

He’ll sense it. He’ll see it!  He’ll feel it! Seventh-man & all that! Right?! Add to the bank of positivity - instead of being a dreaded lead balloon. 

Mental energies can unite. Believe it! 

Did you just give petey a pass by saying he's collecting intell instead of playing hockey and thats ok?.....what has happened to the earth.... 

The lack of accountability for our youth today is going to send us to Logans run....we are doomed.

Edited by ronning4center

Just now, Psycho_Path said:

Boeser's been great defensively this year. Made some great plays defensively again in this game

Yes...well said.  Boes deserves some love for sure.  Forchecks hard skates hard and scores big goals.  All st 6.7?   What a steal now...

• Cheers 1

Important win.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin

We need to go to this once Lindholm gets back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Definitely looking more and more like he is protecting something like a minor wrist injury. 

Maybe it's where he writes his promos 

21_10_18_c6220340b76916c3a09d8386a64e4b27_960-2.jpg