[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

4 hours ago, Robinfood said:

Disappointing. He is supposed to be the game breaker player for us. He’s been anything but this season. It’s not about the points only, it’s when you show up to help the team win. Too many times he hasn’t 

He should spend a week in the ice tub. 

1 hour ago, cusm said:

Nucks win and the PGT is almost solely  "Petey sucks". Such a bunch of negative whiners here sometimes/after every single loss/ when a game was close/ when others score / just because.

And yeah... feel free to get upset about the fact that you feel addressed by that.

2 pts closer to winning the division. Great. Everything elso we will see comes PO time.

I would a big chunk of those are saying Petie's hurt. More than sucks.

Wrist especially.  His slapper is mia too.

45 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Is that you drancer?

No, but I found last week that Drance is quite a JRPG enthusiast. I was pleasantly surprised (he was referencing Mother, Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger). 

Of course he uses the US numbering for Final Fantasy but that is minor quibble.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I like Petey and think he is a fantastic player.

I also think there is something wrong.

When he got blown up at the blue line Miller stepped up and fought for him

Cut to the bench and Petey is nonchallantly chatting on the bench.  He was not focused on what Miller just did for him at all.

That is a problem. 

Maybe just the quiet nature of his body language etc but he really doesn't very often show emotion or get riled up. Not something as an armchair fan that I have a good read on.

But he seems to get a ton of hate here and its annoying if not disappointing to regularly see the crap people post about him.

Has been a top GWG producer in the league all year so thats not something to take for granted.

What I would love is to stop screwing with the lines. Its exhausting and frustrating to watch.

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm- Pettersson 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

Mikheyev looked like a solid fit and style in the Miller line.

Get that swedish line time to gel and the 3rd line is solid.

Having Suter and Lafferty on the 4th line shows great depth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2023-2024 Record against top 11 teams:

Vancouver Canucks - 14-9-3

Edmonton Oilers - 8-12-3

That is all.  Edmonton is going down...

Home ice definitely is an advantage this year.   And do feel with the size of our defense, they will bring the pain.   Hope EDM gets bumped in the first round, but in 7 hard fought games.   And that we get to be the bully this time around against Vegas.   Ground and pound their forwards into mush.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

wouldn't be surprise if the season ended today they announce EP played thru some sort of injury the last couple months. it's not just he's not playing well.. his playing style and skating seems off compared to beginning of the season.. prolly not serious enough for him to sit out because let's be real.. the canucks don't have any depth in the top 6 to afford anyone significant to be out for a while.. if that is the case.. i hope the canucks quickly squeeze out 4.5 more wins/oilers loss and just sit player for till the playoff.. realistcally 3 more is enough.. if EP is not injured i would still sit him to rest him and let him reset physically and mentally

Exactly.    Do see us sitting him.   Especially against EDM, they are a dirty bunch, i'd even consider resting QHs for that game could see them head hunting. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Robinfood said:

Disappointing. He is supposed to be the game breaker player for us. He’s been anything but this season. It’s not about the points only, it’s when you show up to help the team win. Too many times he hasn’t 

He is our leading GWG scorer…

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Maybe just the quiet nature of his body language etc but he really doesn't very often show emotion or get riled up. Not something as an armchair fan that I have a good read on.

But he seems to get a ton of hate here and its annoying if not disappointing to regularly see the crap people post about him.

Has been a top GWG producer in the league all year so thats not something to take for granted.

What I would love is to stop screwing with the lines. Its exhausting and frustrating to watch.

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

i like ur lines since this is what produced earlier. especially the 3rd line. what we lack is a scoring winger, i think no one could make a good enough deal for mikheyev and the price would have been high for a top 6 scoring winger so we have what we have. question is if Lindholm can evolve to the scorer he certainly has potential for...would give us some more options for sure. im thinking playoffs and i think we need a Demko in perfect form to go past the first 2 rounds in the playoffs. after that its more about confidence and that the team peaks towards the playoffs and we might actually have a chance to make history....

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2023-2024 Record against top 11 teams:

Vancouver Canucks - 14-9-3

Edmonton Oilers - 8-12-3

That is all.  Edmonton is going down...

Yup. Coilers will lose in round one to Vegas. McBaby will whine. It will be fun to watch. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Robinfood said:

Winning like that against a Ar team is not an achievement but hopefully it gives the team confidence to pull their shit together 

still too many passengers. 

Shutting down a team that’s been firing on all cylinders (19 goals in their last 3), while dictating play for 58 minutes isn’t an achievement? They’ve had a 4 day break and were fresh, after multiple days of practices where I’m sure the main goal was to slow their game down and stop playing in barn burners. 

Ingram stood on his head. Put in Vej and we score 4 goals minimum. 

It was a fine win with a lot of positives from most players. The problem is #40 and how invisible and disengaged he was once again. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

‘It was a fine win with a lot of positives from most players. The problem is #40 and how invisible and disengaged he was once again. “

i agree. Whether he’s hurt or not, he’s been a passenger lately and we need him to get back to driving play.

6 hours ago, JamesB said:

It was closer than most fans wanted (including me) but the Canucks were by far the better team. Here is what I saw.

1. The Canucks dominated the first two periods and allowed only 5 shots against at the halfway point in the game. But the Canucks were not getting the bounces. They finally got a PP goal at about the halfway point. Arizona had a pushback in the third to make the underlying stats more respectable, but the Canucks were the better team even in the third. Arizona got a late PP goal thanks to a marginal tripping call on Hughes but fortunately Garland scored an even later goal to win the game.  

2. Hughes. Don't want to use too much space on the obvious, but Hughes was great again. For some reason he was listed as the third star instead of the first star even though he was instrumental in both Canuck goals. At 5-on-5, scoring chances were 12-2 in the Canucks favor with him on the ice. Even with 7 D-men dressed for the Canucks, Hughes still played almost 25 minutes. I am not aware of any stat that measures the amount of time a player has the puck on his stick during a game, but I am sure Hughes would be the league leader. 

3. Goalie controversy? Silovs had very little to do in the first two periods, but he came up big in the third. In his two starts he has looked good, probably better than DeSmith in his last few starts. Assuming Demmer is out for a few more games, I would give Silovs at least one more start, maybe two. He will of course go back to Abby when Demmer comes off LTIR as he is on "emergency loan" from Abby.

4. Hand of Stone.  Things are getting ridiculous. When Petey had the puck just outside the Arizona blueline with the net empty, he probably could have scored pretty easily, but he passed the puck to Mikheyev, probably to help him out, but the puck bounced off Mik's stick like he thought it was a hand grenade and he was trying to knock it away. Mik also had some other good chances but just cannot bury the puck. (Lack of) confidence? Bad luck? or just hands of stone? Mik did make a very nice pass to Blueger who had a big opening high on the short side (much bigger than the opening Garland had on his goal). But Blueger completely flubbed the shot. The bottom 6 guys (Blueger, Mik, Suter, Lafferty, Aman, Bains, PDG and Podz) have played good defence and have had some chances but have shown poor finishing ability.

5. Top two lines are good.  Garland scored the winning goal and played a great game overall. Miller played well, picking up an assist and getting into a fight after a hard (but clean) hit on Petey. And Joshua looked good. So everyone can agree that line is very good. And their underlying stats were good. But Petey's line had even better underlying stats and was unlucky not to score. Scoring chances were 7-1 for the Canucks when Petey, Boeser, and Hoggy were on the ice at 5-on-5. As those guy are excellent finishers (unlike the bottom 6 guys) I am putting it down to "not getting the bounces".

6. Were the Canucks good enough? Other teams in the Conference are looking good right now -- Dallas, Colorado, Vegas have been hot and Edmonton is still pretty scary despite losing badly to Dallas tonight. Did the Canucks look good enough to be favored in a first round matchup? With Demmer in the nets I am going to say "probably" as long the first round opponent is Nashville or LA.

And the Canucks play LA on Saturday. 

Really glad that Hughes was picked as captain of the Canucks. Fantastic season and should be the Norris winner. Pretty mch every night he dominates the ice when he is on. 

Unless we see a uptick from the forward group and playoff success will depend on the D-corp and Demko. We focus on Petey but obviously there is more at play than him. Garland and Joshua have been fun to watch but can their play carry a series? I doubt it. We can hope the Canucks draw Nashville and squeeze a round out and in the process get their scoring hebbies settled. Vegas will be a juggernaut with size. We should all realize that at pick drop in Cup play that Hughes will be a physical target. Teams will try to knock him out. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Coilers will lose in round one to Vegas. McBaby will whine. It will be fun to watch. 

The Preds & Kings are right there... no guarantee they will play the Knights. 

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

How many of those games did Demko start?

Other than the Vegas 6-3 loss the other losses were 3-1/3-2 losses. I don’t put the blame on Desmith on those losses. Team infront of him didn’t play as well. Bottom 6 offence has all about dried up. Do you want Desmith to skate down the ice and score?

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

Aman

People are going to talk smack about Petey when he goes pointless many games. As of right now he has 1 assist in the last 5 games and no goals. 
Mikheyev does not belong in the top 6. If last nights whiff on the empty net shot shows anything. The guy has hands of stone. 
Lindholm may or may not even be back so the lineup is questionable. 

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

Where is this table? How do I find it? Tell me NOW!

It’s in Alvin’s office. All jokes aside it all comes down to money. If some of these players really wanted to win the cup they’d take paycuts to really help stack the team. But this newer generation is all about “what’s in it for me”. 
I remember the Sedins signing for significantly less so we could retain other players. But now we got players like Hronek expecting 8M or more.

• Cheers 1