[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You do realize you're attempts to call out "trolls" instead of talking hockey is what makes you a troll?

That's the only record they play 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I like Petey and think he is a fantastic player.

I also think there is something wrong.

When he got blown up at the blue line Miller stepped up and fought for him

Cut to the bench and Petey is nonchallantly chatting on the bench.  He was not focused on what Miller just did for him at all.

That is a problem. 

Not just that. When Miller squares off at centre ice, Petey looks then just skates away. He gave zero indication he cared at all. You can see it on the replay.

Guy looks completely disinterested in being on the ice at all

• Like 3

Demko is the Key!  Key to a deep run--fingers' crossed

This was pleasantly a snooze fest. You don't want to run and gun with this team, especially without Demer. LA will be another snooze fest and let's hope the officials keep it balanced but history will likely repeat itself and we will need a good PK and to get ready for uncalled cheap shots (play-off style but one sided).

I like the fact the lines are blending, despite struggles to score. This team needs the ability to play with any line-mate and still make things happen. We all know how Play-off injuries work. That's why the system and experience with many line-mates is the right approach for a clinched team--I trust in management. Do whatever it takes to ensure the team is healthy and knows how to play with anyone, the rest is gravy. GCG

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

There's a price to pay when you hold out for a huge contract. There are expectations that the player is elite and delivers every game. Guy can barely stay on his feet. 

Petey's ego wanted him to make more than Nylander. It's his own fault for creating all of the drama with holding out and then forcing the Canucks to pay him what he wants, even though they are headed for cap hell. 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I like Petey and think he is a fantastic player.

I also think there is something wrong.

When he got blown up at the blue line Miller stepped up and fought for him

Cut to the bench and Petey is nonchallantly chatting on the bench.  He was not focused on what Miller just did for him at all.

That is a problem. 

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Seemed Petey couldn't care less after Miller dropped the gloves with McBain, who isn't a small guy....  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Folks do realize it's the way they play that determines whether they win in the playoffs. Not their regular season record.

It's not like the canucks show up to game 1 of the playoffs and the refs says 'ok who has the better record?" And canucks say 'We do" and the refs says "OK then you automatically win".

They will not win playoff games playing like they have the last 12 games. Their big long point streaks in the regular season don't mean anything once playoffs start..

Right now, Tocchet is challenging the team to show up, rise to the occasion and get things going now... and they aren't. So yeah there's lots of cause for concern.

No line chemistry 

No clear top 6

No threat on powerplay

Taking too many penalties

No checking line

Huge holes in top 6

Not scoring 

Trapped in own zone way too often

Injured #1 goalie

They have been trying to fix these issues since before the homestead. Arguably they are worse now than they were then.

Look, I'm as much a fan as everyone here and clearly I want them to win. But WTF is going on in that dressing room? WTF is going on with this team period!?

Edited by JayDangles
Removed tag
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Yes, but you do realize it's the way they play that determines whether they win in the playoffs. Not their regular season record.

It's not like the canucks show up to game 1 of the playoffs and the refs says 'ok who has the better record?" And canucks say 'We do" and the refs says "OK then you automatically win".

They will not win playoff games playing like they have the last 12 games. Their big long point streaks in the regular season don't mean anything once playoffs start..

Right now, Tocchet is challenging the team to show up, rise to the occasion and get things going now... and they aren't. So yeah there's lots of cause for concern.

No line chemistry 

No clear top 6

No threat on powerplay

Taking too many penalties

No checking line

Huge holes in top 6

Not scoring 

Trapped in own zone way too often

Injured #1 goalie

They have been trying to fix these issues since before the homestead. Arguably they are worse now than they were then.

Look, I'm as much a fan as everyone here and clearly I want them to win. But WTF is going on in that dressing room? WTF is going on with this team period!?

I meant the poster, that's all they talk about

• Thanks 1

Just now, stawns said:

I meant the poster, that's all they talk about

Sorry, I totally misread your post in a way you didn't mean. Didn't realize till after i posted so I removed your quote.

My bad. Not directed at you.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

makes me wonder if Silovs will be our backup next season. Any value in trading DeSmith before July 1st....his rights or a sign and trade? Toronto would pay dearly for a competant goalie, jus sayin

9 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

That guy really is just the worst. We should consider trading him.

That ship has sailed my friend. We now get the same Petey for 8 years....

but wait! There's more!

We also get to pay him 60% more money!

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Exactly.    Do see us sitting him.   Especially against EDM, they are a dirty bunch, i'd even consider resting QHs for that game could see them head hunting. 

as best said by Sean Connery( I'll only change one word )

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Playoff* way! 

in other words... if one of them head hunts our petey or quinn... then McDoofus gets knee capped a la Tonya Harding style. 

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance the Smelly Soilers play the Preds. The Coilers and their Baby Whiner captain Loser will pkay the three seed from our division - Vegas. A series that the Baby Whiner will do a lot of crying as he loses and heads to his soother, the goof course. 

Yeah I hope they beat up Vegas as much as they can too, soften up the head flicking cheaters, Oilers can suck eggs too! I don't think they have the team strength to beat Vegas at all! I hope everyday it's Vegas vs Oilers. I might even watch the games lmao, ah I don't watch Soilers... 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You do realize you're attempts to call out "trolls" instead of talking hockey is what makes you a troll?

Do you realize ‘your’ grammatically incorrect?

Edited by Captkirk888
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Hugh_Jasoule said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Seemed Petey couldn't care less after Miller dropped the gloves with McBain, who isn't a small guy....  

Love your handle by the way. Do you happen to know Hugh G. Rection?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1