[PGT] Canucks at Yotes

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance the Smelly Soilers play the Preds. The Coilers and their Baby Whiner captain Loser will pkay the three seed from our division - Vegas. A series that the Baby Whiner will do a lot of crying as he loses and heads to his soother, the goof course. 

but how do you really feel?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

That ship has sailed my friend. We now get the same Petey for 8 years....

but wait! There's more!

We also get to pay him 60% more money!

Does he have a no Trade clause?

Every team has that player that other teams and fans hate especially in the playoffs. I would say it’s a big part of having success there.

Who do people think will be that guy for us? Zadorov? Miller? Garland? Joshua? Hoglander?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Garland to be honest. He seems to just always be in the middle of everything, and he makes some big plays and big cellys. That’d be my vote.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 4

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Arturs Silovs Should start next game.

Me too, not because I am down on Desmith I think he is an excellent back-up, but I don't think he can handle the workload of a starter, but maybe a 1a-1b situation can work till Demko returns.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Every team has that player that other teams and fans hate especially in the playoffs. I would say it’s a big part of having success there.

Who do people think will be that guy for us? Zadorov? Miller? Garland? Joshua? Hoglander?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Garland to be honest. He seems to just always be in the middle of everything, and he makes some big plays and big cellys. That’d be my vote.

Definitely the 3 of Garland, Joshua, and Hoglander.  Garland and Hogs are both so difficult to handle with their tenacity on the puck.  I can picture it now... Joshua scores a big goal on the road and he'll stare down the crowd as a celly.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Other city’s fans seem to hate the Canucks and it’s fans as a whole. We don’t have any Burroughs, lapierre , Kesler, Torres types anymore ,I wish we did have a true agitator. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Hot takes refurbished: 

(1) Embellishment should be an automatic 1+ game suspension and a fine of up to 5% of the guys cap hit

(2) 11-7 works, but stop playing the defenseman as a forward. Focus on keeping guys rested on the back end, and then you have Juulsen instead of Zadorov out killing a crucial PK in a 1-0 game. Be more creative on offense, Tocch. It's easier with Lindholm in, for sure, and it sounds like he'll get a game or two before the playoffs, but keep it fluid. Roll three lines and add Hog/Podz with Lafferty and Suter every two rotations or if you need an energy bump. 

My Saturday lines:

Hog - Petey - Boeser 

Dak - Miller - Garland 

Podz - Blueger - Mikheyev 

Lafferty - Suter 

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers 

Zadorov - Juulsen 

Cole 

I agree with this  line-up decision, giving some of our forwards a break toward the playoffs and dress 7D or even 8D.  For last game of the season, I wouldn't mind having Petey, Miller, Hughes rest and stay in Vancouver while others fly to Winnipeg for last game of the season if there is no home-ice advantage for WCF at stake and we clinch the division title and 2nd spot in the West  That what I would go for.  This will save our star 2,200 miles round trip.  Will make a huge difference if they choose to rest.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The camera work look like coverage of a Junior B game. Awful.

I don't mind that certain camera angle so we can see why Canucks PP is not very good.  Very rare angle where we see every 5 players vs 4 an a certain angle live rather than the replay.  

8 hours ago, Pears said:

On the flip side we have the lowest goals against in that same time frame, which will serve us a lot better in the playoffs than a high octane offense. 

Hopefully the old adage holds true... defense wins playoff games

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Do you realize ‘your’ grammatically incorrect?

Lol, why did you edit? Did you make your own spelling error and then realize how absolutely embarrassing that would be for you? Haha fail.

• Wiener 1

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope it will be Demko.... shutting the door on every team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Home ice definitely is an advantage this year.   And do feel with the size of our defense, they will bring the pain.   Hope EDM gets bumped in the first round, but in 7 hard fought games.   And that we get to be the bully this time around against Vegas.   Ground and pound their forwards into mush.  

As nice as it is to see the Oilers fold how about Oilers win in 7, and have the crap beat out of then in the process so they are on their last legs so we can mop them up in round 2?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You do realise they haven't started the play offs yet, right?

This was the second game in a b2b away from home... they won and mostly outplayed the Yotes, just didn't find the back of the net. at the end of the 2nd period Canucks outshot them 23-7... 

Lets not go overboard just now.

Ugh...

I grow tired of this.

IF it was ONLY 1 game then YES my comment WOULD be going overboard.

BUT

It's NOT just 1 game, or 3 games. It's not just unlucky bounces or a tired team. 

If they are unable to turn it on now and get into a rhythm before the playoffs, then what gives you the confidence they will just flick a switch and fix all of the issues I pointed out? Issues that have been plaguing the team for 6 weeks. Don't you think if they could just flick a switch they would have already?

Seriously? I'm asking.... Do you honestly think the powerplay, the top 6, chemistry, a checking line, defensive gaffs, Petterson no show, too many penalties etc will just magically fix themselves the day the playoffs start?

If we can't fix them against Arizona what gives you the impression we will show up against Nashville and it will have just fixed itself? Honest question.

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Garly and Hogs can spell each other off. Both have a feisty streak, don't take crap, and have a knack for scoring.

Add in Pods, whose got two outta three attributes there, and we could have a fun playoff team.

Edit: dang, how could I forget Joshua?? Thanks @HKSR

Edited by Kragar

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

I actually thought Petey had a pretty good game.  He was engaged, around the puck and picked up a point.  

I agree, at least for the first period or so (i was falling asleep in the third and missed the winning goal).

the concerning thing to me I guess was how noticeable it was that he was moving his feet, throwing his body, and was generally more engaged, like you said -- where has that been for 2 and a half months?

I sincerely hope this group is able to flip whatever switch is necessary to get back to how they played the first half of the year. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

I agree, at least for the first period or so (i was falling asleep in the third and missed the winning goal).

the concerning thing to me I guess was how noticeable it was that he was moving his feet, throwing his body, and was generally more engaged, like you said -- where has that been for 2 and a half months?

I sincerely hope this group is able to flip whatever switch is necessary to get back to how they played the first half of the year. 

I've said this many times, but hrs facing more defensive attention than he ever has before, especially on the pp.  He has to adjust, but so does the coaching staff

• Like 1