Who will win the scoring title in 2023-2024?

Who will win the scoring title in 2023-2024?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the scoring title in 2023-2024?

• Nikita Kucherov
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Connor McDavid

lol at people writing down McDavid at the start of the season. His team sucked crap for 20 games, he got injured, got back early playing injured and still end up vying for first in this ultra competitive scoring race. Just talent we won't see again. 

• Haha 1

Mac is the best player of the three. Then Kooch. McWhiner is the worst of the three. It brings great joy watching McBaby whine as the Coilers lose. It’s fun watching the fans of this cry baby tuck tail (when he loses) and hide under their oil donkeys. 

8 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol at people writing down McDavid at the start of the season. His team sucked crap for 20 games, he got injured, got back early playing injured and still end up vying for first in this ultra competitive scoring race. Just talent we won't see again. 

We've seen it before with Mario winning the title comfortably in the same season he missed time for cancer treatment.  It's impressive, but it's definitely not at a level we'll never see again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I do remember there was a point this season where people were comparing Petey to McDavid lmao.  At the time I said it wouldn't surprise me to see McDavid catch up to Mackinnon and Kucherov and win the Art Ross.  Here we are.  No matter how much you hate the Oilers, nothing is gonna change the fact that McDavid is generational. 

Kucherov looks to very likely be the frontrunner with the highest current total and highest current points-per-game.

Posted (edited)

I’m going with Kucherov. Tampa Bay has the easiest schedule remaining and so Kucherov will feast on those teams. McDavid has two games in hand but also has 3 more back to backs so they will need to load manage him for the playoffs. 

Colorado and Edmonton play twice more this year. So those should be fun games. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

I'd prefer it to be Mac but it'll probably be Kucherov unless McDavid decides to take things into his own hands and dominate 

Which wouldn't surprise me at all, back to backs or not, if there's any player who can take over a game at will it's McDavid

Hope Mac wins but Kucherov has been destroying it lately and is still relatively under-rated despite leading the league in scoring all season long. My early takes for awards:

Art Ross - Kucherov > MacKinnon

Calder - Bedard > Faber

Selke - Barkov > Reinhart

Hart - Kucherov > MacKinnon

Jack Adams - Tocchet

Norris - Hughes > Makar

Lady Byng - MacKinnon > McDavid

Messier - MacKinnon > McDavid

Rocket - Matthews

Vezina - Hellebuyck > Demko

Few close ones there

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hope Mac wins but Kucherov has been destroying it lately and is still relatively under-rated despite leading the league in scoring all season long. My early takes for awards:

Art Ross - Kucherov > MacKinnon

Calder - Bedard > Faber

Selke - Barkov > Reinhart

Hart - Kucherov > MacKinnon

Jack Adams - Tocchet

Norris - Hughes > Makar

Lady Byng - MacKinnon > McDavid

Messier - MacKinnon > McDavid

Rocket - Matthews

Vezina - Hellebuyck > Demko

Few close ones there

Can't see Mackinnon getting Lady Byng or even Messier.

Byng is probably Matthews, Point, or maybe even Pettersson.

19 hours ago, HKSR said:

Can't see Mackinnon getting Lady Byng or even Messier.

Byng is probably Matthews, Point, or maybe even Pettersson.

I can definitely see Pettersson being a Byng finalist this year (only 12 PIM). I can also see Jack Hughes edging out Petey for the final finalist spot. It probably will go to Matthews again though like you said.

Boeser with his 40 goals and only 14 PIM will probably also get a few votes.