[Article] Canucks: Noah Juulsen nominated for Masterton Trophy

RWJC

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was one of the early ones that was up on Juul's making the team. And I'm still banging his drum to be our 7/11 guy. 

He's our best body checker and plays a quiet low event game. I'm hearing rumblings about him in over Myer's.  And you know I love his quieter game. Juul's is level headed and pretty smart. Staying involved without jeopardizing your team is one of his best attributes. 

Congratulations, but he should be in the line up every night. 

Not as chaotic as Myers and actually uses his body. Makes too much sense. 

• Cheers 2

OEL was also nominated.... so being forced to play in Arizona now qualifies you for the Masterson trophy? who 'd a thought?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Back in early Dec, I was like "why are we playing this guy, he's not even a top defenseman on our farm team"

Then Noah worked his ass off and shut me up. I love it when our guys can prove me wrong when I doubt them.

A well-deserved nomination, Noah.

My thoughts exactly.  
He was awful for some time and I didn’t see him fixing it.  
He has worked it out.  He isn’t the best player on the ice, but a solid physical dman who can smash some folks. 
I love his style and hope he keeps progressing 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

OEL was also nominated.... so being forced to play in Arizona now qualifies you for the Masterson trophy? who 'd a thought?

He's in Florida now though, and he could have packed it in after 3 season of decline, he's bounced back nicely in Florida 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Brock just starting trying again, and found his natural talent. Juulsen ground his way to the NHL, then fought his ass off to develop into the reliable guy...Flipside; BB was given a cushy contract when he was undeserving.

Bigger issue with Boeser was off ice, I don't see an effort issue it was more not being mentally in the game which is understandable what he's went through the last couple seasons. Dealing with your dad's failing health and eventual death paired with people demanding you be moved is going to take a toll no matter who you are. 

• Cheers 1