Injured Canucks - why play?

I don't play pro sports but a nagging question:

I'll say that our #40 is indeed injured in some way.  I don't think he's just saving it for the playoffs.

Don't team doctors say, "sorry, you're injured, you can't play"?         Are there injures that "heal on their own" even while playing pro hockey?           Is it up to the player if they want to play through an injury or not?  Can't the team force an injured player to sit out and heal?

Like, a 100% Ratu must be better than a 50% Pety right now.

One consideration is that they can only make 4 callups from Abby before the end of the regular season.  They may be using those sparingly just in case they really need them.

1. Raty is playing well, but you're nuts if you think he's better than Petey right now.

2. I very highly doubt he's playing injured. It would make no sense to play him in low importance games right now before the playoffs. Far more likely he's just in a bit of a slump.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheBearded1 said:

I don't play pro sports but a nagging question:

I'll say that our #40 is indeed injured in some way.  I don't think he's just saving it for the playoffs.

Don't team doctors say, "sorry, you're injured, you can't play"?         Are there injures that "heal on their own" even while playing pro hockey?           Is it up to the player if they want to play through an injury or not?  Can't the team force an injured player to sit out and heal?

Like, a 100% Ratu must be better than a 50% Pety right now.

Some things should just be kept in your head man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1