[GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

Rocket-68

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

A win here does so many things, builds the team confidence that we can beat this crap 1-3-1 team, puts a little doubt into the Queens and moves us another two points closer to the Division.

Just Win Baby-2 points

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• -dlc- pinned and featured this topic

3o6Mb5dp4nQp2TmILK.webp

Going to be a Canuck earthquake 

Listening to this quote from Lindy:

“My main goal here is to win the Stanley Cup,” Lindholm told Sportsnet after the Canucks practised at the Kings’ training facility in El Segundo. “Whether that is me putting up zero points or putting up (many), I don't even care, honestly. But I want to be helping the team in the right way. And I think I can help this team by playing my best hockey and help this team take the next step and have a good run in the playoffs.

This is exactly 💯 what an 800 NHL game Swede should explain to our young star EP 40.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Listening to this quote from Lindy:

“My main goal here is to win the Stanley Cup,” Lindholm told Sportsnet after the Canucks practised at the Kings’ training facility in El Segundo. “Whether that is me putting up zero points or putting up (many), I don't even care, honestly. But I want to be helping the team in the right way. And I think I can help this team by playing my best hockey and help this team take the next step and have a good run in the playoffs.

This is exactly 💯 what an 800 NHL game Swede should explain to our young star EP 40.

No it's not at all...

Petey is not paid, or expected to 'help the team regardless of putting up points"

His job is to score goals, make plays, put up points, win faceoffs and play well in the defensive end.

If your and Peteys attitude is "so long as I'm doing some good things, then I don't care about points" then were doomed.

We need him to score, period. That's his job. 

Lindholms job is to kill penalties, play a strong defensive game, win faceoffs a score some goals here and there.

One of those guys can do their job without ppmany points, the other can't.

Petey needs to come to a revelation that he is not doing his job. Either tough love or gentle coaching, but he needs to get going asap.

I believe he will.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

brekkie is done.

a little bit of gardening later this am, back to the grocery store for 2 items that weren't available yesterday.

then pizza's for supper and then watch the game. 

• Like 1

with Tocchet talking about using 'pairs' of players for forward lines,

Miller/Boeser + ____________

Garland/Hogz +_______________

Joshua/Blueger+__________

Lafferty/Podz+___________

could Petey be the 'universal player' that plays up and down the lineup, depending on where he's needed?

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

No it's not at all...

Petey is not paid, or expected to 'help the team regardless of putting up points"

His job is to score goals, make plays, put up points, win faceoffs and play well in the defensive end.

If your and Peteys attitude is "so long as I'm doing some good things, then I don't care about points" then were doomed.

We need him to score, period. That's his job. 

Lindholms job is to kill penalties, play a strong defensive game, win faceoffs a score some goals here and there.

One of those guys can do their job without ppmany points, the other can't.

Petey needs to come to a revelation that he is not doing his job. Either tough love or gentle coaching, but he needs to get going asap.

I believe he will.

I'm pretty sure he knows he's not doing his job (to the level we/he'd like). 

You can't tough love someone in this situation because he already likely knows and is trying to fix it. He's in a bit of a funk but it won't last forever. I do agree though, if we're going to make any noise he has to one of the leaders in that.

He's often double/triple teamed and has to find a way to use his subtle moves (rather than will/brute force) to battle for the puck. I love that he's not afraid to show physicality but it's not his strong point. Pun intended.

I do feel that what we're seeing with Quinn needs to be the standard....quickly get the puck to the net and then have a net front presence to follow up with and be ready for rebounds. Rather than the perfect pretty play. Don't be stationary because that gets too predictable...keep moving around.

• Cheers 2

Just now, -dlc- said:

You can't tough love someone in this situation because he already likely knows and is trying to fix it. He's in a bit of a funk but it won't last forever. I do agree though, if we're going to make any noise he has to one of the leaders in that.

He's often double/triple teamed and has to find a way to use his subtle moves (rather than will/brute force) to battle for the puck. I love that he's not afraid to show physicality but it's not his strong point. Pun intended.

I do feel that what we're seeing with Quinn needs to be the standard....get the puck to the net and then have a net front presence to follow up with. Rather than the perfect pretty play.

Agree with everything.

He definitely doesn't seem like a tough love type player.

This is odd though. You would think at his talent level he would have found new ways to break out or get going scoring wise. Clearly there's no confidence there. Just really hope he finds it soon.  This team doesn't go far in the playoffs without his scoring threat.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I do feel that what we're seeing with Quinn needs to be the standard....quickly get the puck to the net and then have a net front presence to follow up with. Rather than the perfect pretty play. Don't be stationary because that gets too predictable...keep moving around.

and as a coach you have to teach the team that if one player is being double teamed, then SOMEONE has to be left unchecked and it's the player with the puck's job to find them. 

I hate LAK games... so damn boring and so much left to chance.  Would be such a letdown if our playoffs started against these guys.  No excitement, no entertainment, and a serious chance that we would lose in a 7 game series.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I hate LAK games... so damn boring and so much left to chance.  Would be such a letdown if our playoffs started against these guys.  No excitement, no entertainment, and a serious chance that we would lose in a 7 game series.

Boring and they’ve had our number. It’s a double bummer. 

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Haha did he really not make enough $ in his career that he's driving a Subaru and working as a real estate agent??

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

435288043_10160848075645549_506510792455

Doughty spelled "accurate" wrong.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

with Tocchet talking about using 'pairs' of players for forward lines,

Miller/Boeser + ____________

Garland/Hogz +_______________

Joshua/Blueger+__________

Lafferty/Podz+___________

could Petey be the 'universal player' that plays up and down the lineup, depending on where he's needed?

I'd say the best chemistry pairs wr have are:

Miller + Boeser

Petey + Hogs

Garland + Joshua

Podkolzin + Lafferty

• Cheers 4