[GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

Rocket-68

THE MARK OF Z

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/after-slow-start-with-canucks-lindholm-preparing-to-play-best-hockey-in-playoffs/

Zadorov got attention around the NHL, and especially in L.A., last week when he offered Sportsnet this assessment of the Kings’ ultra-conservative style: “They don’t really make plays; they just rim the puck and sit back all game. 

I mean, it’s their goal to don’t play hockey and don’t let the other team play hockey, pretty much.”

After using their 1-3-1 retreat to frustrate the Canucks in a 3-2 win at Rogers Arena, the Kings moved on to Edmonton, where veteran defenceman Drew Doughty told reporters: “Pretty absurd comments.

We’ve heard the frustration from so many top guys, in-game. Guys yelling at our bench: ‘What kind of hockey is this 1-3-1 crap?’ and whatnot. It puts a smile on our faces to frustrate them a little bit.”

Apart from being one of the NHL’s best defencemen, Doughty is a chirper of renown on the ice. So, does Zadorov expect to get a Doughty headache on Saturday?

“No, I’ve known him a long time,” Zadorov smiled. “He’s a good guy. I’m not worried about that.”

The defenceman said he didn’t receive any blowback about his remarks.

“I mean, it’s true,” he said. “But they’re very good at it.”

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Don’t know if anyone else has watched any of the earlier games today, but you can definitely see the ramped up intensity as the playoffs approach.

Our boys would be well advised to join the intensity party. Not seen it quite consistently enough for my liking of late.

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It isn't going to happen, but this is what I'd like to see as our away jersey;

8l0cir.jpg

100% agree.. this is a very sharp looking jersey.

It's the next jersey I'm going to buy, but it's hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Googlie said:

It's on the pillow on the examination couch in the Doctor's office, wondering when his wrist is going to be 100% again, is my surmise.  Nothing to do with will or effort,  or contract or "understanding his role"

A 50% Petey is better than any of the 100% alternatives who could be called up or promoted to replace him

I don't buy this "injured wrist theory".

Everyone used it as an excuse in December.. then in January he's flying, getting himself voted into all star... no one says anything... now a month goes by where he is playing at 50% and everyone starts saying wrist injury again.

Seems like a convenient excuse to bring up whenever he is struggling.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I don't buy this "injured wrist theory".

Everyone used it as an excuse in December.. then in January he's flying, getting himself voted into all star... no one says anything... now a month goes by where he is playing at 50% and everyone starts saying wrist injury again.

Seems like a convenient excuse to bring up whenever he is struggling.

Sometimes there are nagging issues that aren't bad enough to prevent someone from playing but enough to hamper their play.

In that case, though, I'd prefer they rest him until he's 100%. If that was the issue.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I asked members here about its availability and was told it’s no longer produced and can only be found pre-owned on various classified sites such as Facebook.  
Do you know if that’s the case? I’d buy one in a heartbeat however I would prefer brand new. 

21 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Someone did a mock up ... I've had that picture for awhile.

But they certainly should, would sell like hotcakes.

I have an old white skate jersey but it's well worn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Someone did a mock up ... I've had that picture for awhile.

But they certainly should, would sell like hotcakes.

I have an old white skate jersey but it's well worn.

White skate jerseys are slick. I’ve got an oldie too. I imagine nobody could guess what name / number is on mine.