[GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

Rocket-68

12 goals on 58 shots is well below .900 not good enough there is ZERO reason why Tochett shouldn't have pulled him. Ontop of the horrible powerplay I think it's fair to start asking questions about Tochett 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Should have just pulled him after the third goal. Whether it’s his fault or not. Switch it up,

Yeah he was getting blitzed early. Silovs probably stops the Kempe breakaway. At least have an off chance at coming back without that goal.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Silovs backing up next year, and starting from now till Demko is back. I don't see a DeSmith future in Vancouver so let's rip that bandaid off now.

yep, Silovs will likely be backup next season anyhow due to $ and waiver flexibilty. Let him get some reps now. Even if team is playing like trash, he still needs more NHL reps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

DeSmith has been a great backup for us. 

Do we really think that we are gonna go full Spencer Martin for the playoffs? 

Martin had a phenomenal first 5 of 6 games too. 

Desmith has been trash since that Minnesota game

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah he was getting blitzed early. Silovs probably stops the Kempe breakaway. At least have an off chance at coming back without that goal.

Yeah some of those were definitely goals but no big saves. Canucks had breaks too and Talbot stopped them 

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

12 goals on 58 shots is well below .900 not good enough there is ZERO reason why Tochett shouldn't have pulled him. Ontop of the horrible powerplay I think it's fair to start asking questions about Tochett 

Easy now.. don't go too far. We would barely be sniffing at the last wildcard if it wasn't for Tocchet and his team.

It's not like the team is lighting it up and it's just the PP... the star players are shitting the bed not the coach

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

DeSmith has been a great backup for us. 

Do we really think that we are gonna go full Spencer Martin for the playoffs? 

Martin had a phenomenal first 5 of 6 games too. 

He's been barely ok. Since minnesota, when he should've been pulled he had been crap. Why doesn't he get pulled?

Silovs looked good last year, did a great job with latvia and he's big. 

Just now, RWJC said:

yep, Silovs will likely be backup next season anyhow due to $ and waiver flexibilty. Let him get some reps now. Even if team is playing like trash, he still needs more NHL reps.

I'm still not sold on Silovs especially after this year watching him in the AHL. 

But I'm usually very weary about goaltenders anyways and they're so hit and miss. His technique is very sporadic. Hopefully I'm wrong but either way I think you're right. It'll be a money thing regardless.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Fucking Oilers on our heels too

FUCK

We know we are getting caught. Have you seen the oilers schedule? We also have to play in Edmonton. Where they will be motivated to beat us because they haven’t won this year against us. What better way than taking the division from us. 

edmonton: Thank you for keeping our division spot warm for us.

Colin Jost Omg GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

Things are shaping up for worst case scenario.  

Id say Edmonton will win the div anc LA will finish third, which puts van against LA in the first round.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Those are the same people that think we're a top team in the league now, because of the winning we did before the All Star Break.

We all know the Cup isn't given out at Christmas, so not sure why people think what we did back then means anything now.

The cup isn’t decided in April either so can say the same about the wet blankets 

1 minute ago, Captain Kirk said:

L.A. passes the golden rods and we lose the division to the coilers.........guess who we play......SIGH 🤦‍♀️

Still plenty of games left. Don't worry about things you can't control. 

• Cheers 1