[GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

Rocket-68

Rick Tocchet always says the perfect thing in post game. He knows exactly what is wrong with the team. It just seems like he’s not able to get through to them to have them change anything. Really hope he can somehow get through to them in time for the playoffs

• Like 1

Just now, hockeyville88 said:

Rick Tocchet always says the perfect thing in post game. He knows exactly what is wrong with the team. It just seems like he’s not able to get through to them to have them change anything. Really hope he can somehow get through to them in time for the playoffs

All he does is talk

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Another beautiful pass and another reason for most to ignore Petey making plays. 

He could have 4 points tonight if his linemates converted.

He’s clearly injured and it’s impacting his shot but I don’t understand how so few are seeing the other stuff he does. That pass to Garland was ridiculous and he could easily have had 3 points in that game on top of defensive play. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Dom said:

.895 sv% is great? HUH? 

When you play as few games as you do and you have a couple ridiculously bad games then yeah, you're gonna have a shit save percentage. Remove the Minny game and what's his save %? Around .906. Thats not bad for a backup in today's NHL.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

They're gonna win tonight, so they'll be 3 points behind with a game in hand.  And they face us one more time.

You think we're gonna beat them right now without Thatcher Demko?

Yes 

Just now, hockeyville88 said:

Well then there has to be changes in the off-season if he can’t get through to players. Sucks right now but this roster still needs a ton of work.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I think we've slightly outplayed them, but DeSmith has just been rough against them. 3 goals against on 19 shots last night out against LA. 6 goals on 29 shots tonight. Vegas blew him up too. I know the metrics would look bad, but at what point do we run with Silovs instead of DeSmith til Demko is back? Lol.

I dunno, the results have favored LA, on some level you have to credit LA for scoring goals 

Once they get a lead they're much harder to play

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RookieFan said:

What happened to the Canucks dominance offensively?

Was there was a huge focus on defense all the sudden that the team is now afraid to be offensive? How do you explain such a dramatic dip in scoring?

The lines. Its not a hard concept, put the lines back

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

They're gonna win tonight, so they'll be 3 points behind with a game in hand.  And they face us one more time.

You think we're gonna beat them right now without Thatcher Demko?

They’re 4 points back essentially.

If we can go 3-2 in the last 5 they would need to go 5-1 in their final 6.

That being said this team needs to get their game in order cause 3-2 doesn’t even seem like an easy feat right now.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I know all of this can’t be put on DeSmith and there are more problems right now than just the goaltending, but even still I can’t help but feel like it will be a huge help when Demko comes back. 

Edited by Captain Kirk

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Canucks should give Silovs a run, seems like DeSmith was garbage tonight.

Sadly, DeSmith has been garbage for 3 of his last 4 games. 17 goals against in his last 4 games.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Yeah but Petey has a way bigger upside. I would consider him to be in a slump right now, but I fully expect him to play to his potential and live up to that big contract as he grows and matures. Boeser has a lower ceiling, and I think we are seeing it. I don’t think he has another gear, and I think we can do better in a top six player 

EP has looked lifeless for quite some time and it seems there’s no end in sight. 

I do agree about Boeser being at his peak of a 30-40 goal scorer and that’s fine for what he’s being paid. He will get a raise, but it won’t be EP money. 

EP is younger and has more upside but he’s getting paid to be an elite player who can take over the game on a nightly basis and has hardly been visible for anything good since the all star break. 

He never skates to the net in a straight line and is always looking for the perfect pass on the power play. Also, did his shot just die? Never see that anymore either. He’s too small and is knocked off the puck too easily. 

I really wish we had just traded him instead. He was non-commital until we overpaid him.

• Upvote 1