[GDT] Vancouver Canucks laying a beatdown on the LA Kings, Crypto Arena, 7PM TODAY, Postive Vibes Everyone, Positive Vibes Game!

Rocket-68

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm still not sold on Silovs especially after this year watching him in the AHL. 

But I'm usually very weary about goaltenders anyways and they're so hit and miss. His technique is very sporadic. Hopefully I'm wrong but either way I think you're right. It'll be a money thing regardless.

I hear ya. I just think his overall status is a luxury for mgmt to manipulate to help allocate $ elsewhere. We have to know if he can step up and if not, how much further he is away. Would not surprise me if we bring in another vet G backup for close to league min next season if questions about Silovs carry through off season. Imagine a vet PTO at next camp that is signed should there be any uncertainty. 

really liked watching Tolopilo’s game in camp. he looked really good. 
keeping an eye on him. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

EP has looked lifeless for quite some time and it seems there’s no end in sight. 

I do agree about Boeser being at his peak of a 30-40 goal scorer and that’s fine for what he’s being paid. He will get a raise, but it won’t be EP money. 

EP is younger and has more upside but he’s getting paid to be an elite player who can take over the game on a nightly basis and has hardly been visible for anything good since the all star break. 

He never skates to the net in a straight line and is always looking for the perfect pass on the power play. Also, did his shot just die? Never see that anymore either. He’s too small and is knocked off the puck too easily. 

I really wish we had just traded him instead. He was non-commital until we overpaid him.

Agreed that EP looks lifeless, but maybe I am more inclined to give him a longer leash because he can be a game changer when he wants to be, and I remember the knock on the Sedins when they emerged as elite players was that they often looked disinterested and passive. Maybe it’s a Swedish thing, but I expect EP to work out of this just like the twins did

Lol Bieksa

Oilers will lose to Canucks 'cos Oilers want to play Kings,  and Nux want to play Nashville, and Dallas want Vegas.  So lots of jockeying last few games to get the matchups teams want, with Canucks winning the Conference

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

When you play as few games as you do and you have a couple ridiculously bad games then yeah, you're gonna have a shit save percentage. Remove the Minny game and what's his save %? Around .906. Thats not bad for a backup in today's NHL.

He played 26 games.. not exactly few.. and it’s around .903 that’s pretty bad for nhl standard.. and after tonight’s game? There will be about 60 goalies ahead of him

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno, the results have favored LA, on some level you have to credit LA for scoring goals 

Once they get a lead they're much harder to play

Yeah, cause we aren't getting quality goaltending against them like I mentioned. Outplaying your opponent doesn't matter when your goalie is routinely giving up goals. Having Demko means fewer cheese goals against, which means they can't just play "chip the puck out" hockey all game. Talbot made timely stops, DeSmith didn't or can't. That was the difference. If 3 goals can't even get you to OT, something is likely wrong in net.

• Cheers 1

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic