[PGT] Nucks @ kangz

17 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

suck it to all the Boeser haters from the past few seasons.

"He's had an incredibly lucky year"

Ok that makes up for the last few years he couldn't buy a goal and could barely crack 20.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Last time we beat a contender was March 9th when we kicked Wpg's ass.

I believe it was some time shortly after that DeSmith felt compelled to tell the media he was playing the best goaltending of his career

Kinda wish he'd kept that one to himself

Bet he does too

Really glad all our recent games have been of the non-elimination variety lol

Looking forward to the return of Demko and Petey in the coming weeks

What, lol, that comment had nothing to do with anything. He's played well. The rest of the team? Not so much.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

The Oilers are all over the map at times.

5-0 loss recently says they haven't quite sealed the deal.

Depends which Oilers team shows up (as much as the Canucks).

They are very, very good at home and much less so on the road. This is a road game for us. I’m afraid our loss last night doesn’t bode well for the division title that gives us home advantage.

5 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Probably because the 1-3-1 doesn't bother McDavid, giving him that much room to wind up is a gift.  I thought the last 10 minutes of the 1st the Canucks were adjusting and becoming more patient regrouping on the rush if it wasn't there.  Then they came out in the 2nd stopped doing the things that made they successful.

We have Hughes who can carry the puck into the zone with ease, but hes overplayed and doesn’t have the energy to be able to play like that. He did at the start of the season when we were dominating and he was controlling the whole game himself.

I don’t understand why he’s playing so much at this point of the season and why Juulsen isn’t playing. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Darius said:

Demko has been in the Vezina conversation, DeSmith is a sub .900 goalie who at 32 years old has never been consistent enough to be a starter. Demko is a difference maker in the most important position on the team.  We are lucky to have such a goalie.

Tonight we dont even have to argue if he could have made saves on the three of the goals ( i think he probably would have saved at least 2 of those).  All he has to do is bail them out once and it changes the whole dynamic of the game.  Maybe the team scores instead of being scored on next.  The timeline/outcome changes with just one save.  Would they have won - im not sure - the metrics suggest they probably would have.

This says it all really. So well put. 

• Cheers 1

Most of our bottom 6 is useless. Aman, Suter, Lafferty, PDG, Mik, none of them can score and none of them are big enough to do anything physically to wear the other team down. 

Blows my mind we couldn’t pick up a gritty bottom 6 player or at least another 3rd line scorer. 

My guess: If the Canucks face these teams, what the outcome will be:

COL - LOSS

DAL - WIN

EDM - LOSS*

LA - LOSS

NSH - WIN

WPG - LOSS

VGK - LOSS

I know the Canucks should own the Oilers, but things have changed. McDavid falls down, goes on the PP and the Canucks can't defend that. 

Are the Canucks one of the only teams to be better 5 on 5, rather than the PP?

Demko went to the Allstar game and by most considered among the top three in the league, in reality, # 1

They're not playing him till he's all the way back healthy, which my belief, is in two or three games. At that point, 

Bring it !!!!!!

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

@DeNiro

6 games left for Edmonton.  They play VGK, ARZ, VAN, SJS, ARZ, COL.

Can they take 5 of 6?  Doesn't seem impossible.  That game against us will be massive for both teams.

I wish Canucks get that schedule! Why do we play harder teams to end the season of all this year? 

Band wagon exit is to the left ... all aboard!

I for one have as many Canuck fans been through ALL the upside and downs ... 

74-75 ... look it up @stawns, @Canuckfanforlife82, seem to be missing the 4ever dude

1982, 1994, West Coast Express, 2011 and all the years in between when we bled Canuck colors.

This year I would have been happy with a playoff berth but to have been tops in the league for stretches at a time, not in my wildest non-acid induced dreams (hello @stawns, @you know who you are) would I thought the Canucks would have battled for the President's Trophy at game 76.

Will we go far in the playoffs, yes, and I have bet on it.

If we don't? Well then we can dissect this season with a what if ... I encourage a what is approach.

Petey, TJ, Honker, Huggy, Big Zeke, Demmer, ... and on a second tier Dak, Donkey, Garly ... who's team would you trade this group for.

We have a great team, great management (yes @King Heffy will hate JR even when we will win the cup), ....

Demmer and Lindy in will be a difference, if they are still out game 1 then the above still applies. Go My Beloved Canucks! I Ride the Wagon like a Rollercoaster! UPS AND DOWNS!

....... yes, I am feeling much better thank you for asking.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Crazy that 12 years ago today we clinched the Presidents trophy for the second year in a row.

Shows how strong we finished that season. But also lost to the Kings in 6 despite that.

My biggest concern is that we’re slumping going into the playoffs… anything can happen when they start though so here’s to hoping! 

I don’t like the lines, I think when healthy we should try

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Suter-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Juulsen

That third line will be buzzing no matter who their center is. Teams will have to shut them down which opens up more space for Miller and Petey’s lines. Myers and Juulsen can swap if needed. 

• Like 2