[PGT] Nucks @ kangz

Just now, Devron said:

We are still second in the league in Expected goals for since the all star break. Some of it has been bad luck, injuries and just being off. Chin up 

Yeah, there is a lot that can turn it around, especially Demko coming back. Just a tough stretch to watch compared to some of the runs in the first half of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

We are still second in the league in Expected goals for since the all star break. Some of it has been bad luck, injuries and just being off. Chin up 

I think we're also 1st or 2nd in high danger chances as well, so I'd expect that to level out sooner than later. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Ahh the classic pear response... someone or something did something good in the past, therefore that must be applied to the future as fact.

Doesn't work for Petterson

Doesn't work for the Canucks

But now you're using that logic on Demko.

How about you go do all that research and then you come back and share with the group how you're 100% certain Demko would have stopped 3 goals for sure. Go ahead. 

You're acting like a moron. All I'm gonna say lmao

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I dunno where you are getting your stats from.. we are 16th in xgf since all star break

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

I dunno where you are getting your stats from.. we are 16th in xgf since all star break

It was shown on Hockey Night, maybe it was just high danger chances like Pears said. 

25 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Seriously?

I hate these kind of lazy posts. Watch the %#*&ing game or look at the highlights ffs.  Sorry but we suffered through watching every minute as fans. You can’t even be bothered to check the score before dwadling here to ask that?

Wow, didn’t have to be a prick about it. I just thought it was maybe something that wouldn’t show up in highlights like taunting or something. Sorry I asked..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BornMello said:

Wow, didn’t have to be a prick about it. I just thought it was maybe something that wouldn’t show up in highlights like taunting or something. Sorry I asked..

Lots of testy folks on here tonight.

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

It was shown on Hockey Night, maybe it was just high danger chances like Pears said. 

even hdc we are around 8th or 9th since the all star break. the more concerning part? we have given up one of the fewest high danger chance against since the all star break 7th fewest.. but we have manage to some how given up the 3rd most high danger chance goals since and the lowest high danger sv% in the entire league

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

DIdn't have a problem with the Canuck effort tonight - there were some times during the second period, they established a decent fore-check and had some chances but Talbot played pretty well.  Our goal-tending was average at best - and the PK again, needs to better as the two early goals put them behind the 8-ball. 

Both areas need to be much much better if we are to win anything in the post season.  If RT + company is assessing each game carefuly, we will probably see Silov get a chance on Monday.

EDM will probably catch up now given their ridiculously crazy run since December (must be on Red Bull ) - funny thing is that both LA / Vegas are winning as well to try to avoid the OIlers in the first round.   Right now, anybody's guess who the Canucks will be playing.

Anyway, hope the players rest up for Monday against Vegas.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

even hdc we are around 8th or 9th since the all star break. the more concerning part? we have given up one of the fewest high danger chance against since the all star break 7th fewest.. but we have manage to some how given up the 3rd most high danger chance goals since and the lowest high danger sv% in the entire league

So we aren’t stopping the puck, need Demko!! 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

So we aren’t stopping the puck, need Demko!! 

that is a major part.. but i feel like in the last 10-15 games or so.. a lot of our "chances" came in the final 5-10mins of a game when they decided to show up

• Cheers 2

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

that is a major part.. but i feel like in the last 10-15 games or so.. a lot of our "chances" came in the final 5-10mins of a game when they decided to show up

We still have time to get it going but it is ticking away. We don’t have much experience as team at this time of year. At the very least I hope the core learns a great deal this year so we can take another step forward next year 

1 hour ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I keep wondering if Petey’s struggles lately are a mental thing or if maybe he’s playing through some kind of injury. 

We all do --- even Tocchet 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

DIdn't have a problem with the Canuck effort tonight - there were some times during the second period, they established a decent fore-check and had some chances but Talbot played pretty well.  Our goal-tending was average at best - and the PK again, needs to better as the two early goals put them behind the 8-ball. 

Both areas need to be much much better if we are to win anything in the post season.  If RT + company is assessing each game carefuly, we will probably see Silov get a chance on Monday.

EDM will probably catch up now given their ridiculously crazy run since December (must be on Red Bull ) - funny thing is that both LA / Vegas are winning as well to try to avoid the OIlers in the first round.   Right now, anybody's guess who the Canucks will be playing.

Anyway, hope the players rest up for Monday against Vegas.

A good, reasonable, and grounded take. I think Silovs is ready for a team like Vegas. Especially given his stellar experience at the Worlds. Next game would be good for him and the team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2