[PGT] Nucks @ kangz

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I guess there was a memo that was only sent to the Canucks team informing them that their season was over at the All-Star break

Seems every game since has been an optional skate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

A good, reasonable, and grounded take. I think Silovs is ready for a team like Vegas. Especially given his stellar experience at the Worlds. Next game would be good for him and the team. 

Silovs needs to be the guy until Demko is back, they have no reason to have confidence in DeSmith.

Missed the game and thinking that was for the best. Before the game happened I thought it was an important game, because we might face LA in the 1st round. It definitely is concerning is this is the result of Canucks - LA games.

It's very much looking like Edmonton may pass us for the Pacific Division. Wondering how that will impact the Canucks either motivating them to fight more or kill their confidence.

1 hour ago, igorwasgreat said:

Whatever Frak, we are still an inexperienced team , from  bottom 5 ( ish) to top 5( ish) in one year. We are not mature enough to handle the idea of playoff certainty with 15-20 games to go. Our first round match up doesn’t matter , the only question that we face is , can we elevate our game come game 1  ? He sucks , he’s trash , he should be in echl , says more about the fan than the team.

I think you solved the equation.... 

It very much seems to be the case just now... maybe the ASG show went to their heads, and they just don't know how to properly stop the slide down the ladder....

They are learning on the job.... It may be a costly experience, but they'll hope fully be better for it, and better prepared next time around... This is the first major adversity this group has had since they started to be a good hockey team... now they need to learn, how to turn it around, when its not a bed of roses... Hopefully they can.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, AngelicHearts said:

It is what it is. spacer.png

Pretty much how I feel, sucks though. Alot of gaffes tonight, just hope the boys don't beat them selfs up and get frustrated, time to hyper focus on the tapes and learn, same with tocchet, thought silovs should of been in and a time out early on. Would point out everything but not really any point. Everyone's already arguing about every little thing.

Last time we beat a contender was March 9th when we kicked Wpg's ass.

I believe it was some time shortly after that DeSmith felt compelled to tell the media he was playing the best goaltending of his career

Kinda wish he'd kept that one to himself

Bet he does too

Really glad all our recent games have been of the non-elimination variety lol

Looking forward to the return of Demko and Petey in the coming weeks

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Maybe Bettman doesn’t want us to go to the finals - due to the riot factor

he informed the Canucks to suck 

your English is barely understandable and so is this idea, No one cares about the Canucks. Get over yourself.

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Rick told me they're playing possum... 

Also he wants to see who jumps off the ship before they rattle off 5 straight wins before heading into the playoffs. 

lol, weren't you the guy proclaiming we had the division wrapped up?

😂

You don't really get the league and math do you?

2 hours ago, YourTimeisNow said:

Hot take: Oilers and Canucks both end with 107 points, but Oilers take the division based on more wins. So brutal…

not really a hot take.. it's a bad take.. oilers can not overtake the canucks unless they finish ahead of them in points literally. the the canucks to finish at 107 points they need to go 3-1-1 or 0-0-5 for oilers to finish at 107 points they need to go 4-2-0.. the 3 wins for the canucks are going to be regulation/ot.. let's be real they ain't gonna win any shootouts.. 

canucks finish with 50 wins oilers finish with 51 wins.. canucks finish with 50 REGULATION OVERTIME wins edmonton finish with 49.. tie breaker is not who have the most wins.. it's who have the most regulation overtime wins.. canucks hold every single tiebreaker against oilers the only way they can win is finish with more points.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

not really a hot take.. it's a bad take.. oilers can not overtake the canucks unless they finish ahead of them in points literally. the the canucks to finish at 107 points they need to go 3-1-1 or 0-0-5 for oilers to finish at 107 points they need to go 4-2-0.. the 3 wins for the canucks are going to be regulation/ot.. let's be real they ain't gonna win any shootouts.. 

canucks finish with 50 wins oilers finish with 51 wins.. canucks finish with 50 REGULATION OVERTIME wins edmonton finish with 49.. tie breaker is not who have the most wins.. it's who have the most regulation overtime wins.. canucks hold every single tiebreaker against oilers the only way they can win is finish with more points.

The Oilers have to beat Arizona twice, San Jose once, and then obviously Vancouver once.  Edmonton can absolutely win 3 of those 4.  That game against us will be massive.  Their other two games are against Vegas and Colorado.

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The Oilers have to beat Arizona twice, San Jose once, and then obviously Vancouver once.  Edmonton can absolutely win 3 of those 4.  That game against us will be massive.  Their other two games are against Vegas and Colorado.

if we don't get demko back by edmonton game.. we prolly gonna be in trouble anyways with 2 games left for demko to shake off any rust if he's even ready.. and if we don't beat edmonton when they are on the 2nd of back to back.. we prolly deserve to lose the division 

We seem to be doing the inverse of usual. Only teams we can beat lately are the bad ones. 
What is concerning is that we can’t seem to get interested in playing the teams that we are probably going to meeting on the playoffs. We have absolutely laid down to take it from both Vegas and LA.
Q looks like the only one interested in winning since ASB. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

We seem to be doing the inverse of usual. Only teams we can beat lately are the bad ones. 
What is concerning is that we can’t seem to get interested in playing the teams that we are probably going to meeting on the playoffs. We have absolutely laid down to take it from both Vegas and LA.
Q looks like the only one interested in winning since ASB. 

Yes I was looking at that earlier, our last 5 wins were against teams that are all picking in the draft in the top 10 overall(bottom 7-8 teams of the league). 
  And I know the fall back of those with the rose coloured glasses will talk about Demko coming back, but they fail to realize Demko can’t score goals. 

I think the fact is, this team is too soft to playoff hockey and with the entire 20 teams who might play in the playoffs, they’ve been playing playoff hockey the last dozen games or so…. The Canucks are not. That’s why I think they’re losing… not built for playoffs. 

GF argues with me and says trading away Kuzmenko broke their morale and chemistry… I could also see that. But one thing we agree on, is the Canucks are 4 and done come April 20th. 

• Haha 1