[PGT] Nucks @ kangz

Some teams just have other teams number. LA has ours, we have the Oilers. With the way we’re playing I really don’t want to face LA in the first round. They’re in our heads and we won’t make it out. I’d rather pick Vegas or Nashville. Oilers breathing down our neck for the division lead.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

You're 100% correct Deb.

I think what we have here are 2 types of fans. One type(like you) remain positive in the face of adversity and believe things will work out. World needs more of those!

Other types(like me I admit it) also want to believe, and want to be positive but approach things from a "I'll believe it when I see it."

At the end of the day we all cheer just as hard when they win!

These are tough times for the team and the fans. Everyone just wants the playoffs to start so we can stop bickering and get back to just cheering wins.

Why does it have to believe and want to believe?  I look at it objectively, neither believing or wanting to believe but waiting for disappointment.  I go with what I see on the ice and how I think it's going to play out

When most of these "believers" were actually trashing this team over the last couple years, I said I saw a playoff team, all they needed was a better coach.

Now, I see a team that overachieved early on and have fallen back to who they probably are.  I was neither wearing rose coloured glasses when they were tearing it up, nor am I disappointed now that reality is hitting them hard.  

They are the team I thought they were and I'm happy to have playoff hockey and that they're starting their long journey over trying to get to the top of the hill

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Some teams just have other teams number. LA has ours, we have the Oilers. With the way we’re playing I really don’t want to face LA in the first round. They’re in our heads and we won’t make it out. I’d rather pick Vegas or Nashville. Oilers breathing down our neck for the division lead.

Much as reality has hiy the Canucks , so too has it hit the oilers.   However, reality is at different ends of the spectrum for these two teams.

The oilers, now, are a far better team than when they last met, the Canucks far worse

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why does it have to believe and want to believe?  I look at it objectively, neither believing or wanting to believe but waiting for disappointment.  I go with what I see on the ice and how I think it's going to play out

When most of these "believers" were actually trashing this team over the last couple years, I said I saw a playoff team, all they needed was a better coach.

Now, I see a team that overachieved early on and have fallen back to who they probably are.  I was neither wearing rose coloured glasses when they were tearing it up, nor am I disappointed now that reality is hitting them hard.  

They are the team I thought they were and I'm happy to have playoff hockey and that they're starting their long journey over trying to get to the top of the hill

At the beginning of the year,  many thought the team  had a shot at being  a wild card team, or a 3rd seed at best; and it is showing itself to be a wild card or 3rd seed at best, level team.

Still a large improvement on previous years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Gurn said:

At the beginning of the year,  many thought the team  had a shot at being  a wild card team, or a 3rd seed at best; and it is showing itself to be a wild card or 3rd seed at best, level team.

Still a large improvement on previous years.

Absolutely, it is a big improvement and, though he makes some mind boggling moves, tocchet has been the difference.

I agree, in reality, they are a wild card level team, or 3rd in div

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Heretic said:

That's my concern - they don't look playoff ready and only a few games left...

I'm still trying to figure out why and all I can come up with is all of the best players must be injured to some extent.

miller hasn't been the same since that shot block that he went down the tunnel for, hughes looks tired and frustrated and is likely banged up, pettersson obviously hasn't looked right for 3 months. 

I'm not sure how you solve that problem (if that's what it is) in the next two weeks, but here's hoping they sort it out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I should have invested more in  hopium/copium stocks; I see a whole lot of it being used here.

"It will be better when Demko gets back"    

"It will get better when Lindholm is back"

are both statements assuming those guys are coming back. 

Personally I find trusting Canuck medical info to be a very dubious thing to do.

It has been months since this team was playing it's best hockey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well some teams are playing their best hockey now, yes. And we haven't been.

But...again and like I've pointed out, that can change at any time. Status quo only goes so far in this ever changing deal.

Florida in their last 10: 3-5-2

Jets: 4-5-1 (yes, they're picking it back up again...but....)

Teams that haven't been playing their best hockey "for months" may be the ones due to turn it around. Momentum swings happen.

People wanting to claim "what this team is" didn't give us a shot to be where we are so I'm not sure they're the experts. This team gave itself some breathing room but some here figured we'd be clawing our way in.

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That game against Minnesota on the 19 February did something.

The team has not been the same since.

Not sure if it shattered the teams confidence or what.

I think it goes further to the ASG

Screenshot_20240407_083440_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f16295d166f7c5ac9954ee0a9cb4d78d.jpg

• chaos 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't know. Just how I see things. It can be whatever way I suppose.

I've always enjoyed watching this team, even when we were losing. It's been a long while since watching the games meant more than that.. just watching and supporting.

This year feels like the first time since the Sedin dominance era where it just felt good all year. We were talking playoffs back at Xmas!

So lots of expectations have built for folks, maybe prematurely, and now it's tough not to feel a little let down by the way the teamnis playing right at the wrong time.

At this point I'm back to taking it day by day. Each game is an opportunity to turn things around, but each game that passes with a rough effort feels like a missed opportunity.  

Ugh just start the playoffs already!

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

But...again and like I've pointed out, that can change at any time. Status quo only goes so far in this ever changing deal.

Teams that haven't been playing their best hockey "for months" may be the ones due to turn it around. Momentum swings happen.

Teams that haven't been playing their best for months, rather than turning it around, can also start sucking worse too.

time will tell.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gurn said:

Teams that haven't been playing their best for months, rather than turning it around, can also start sucking worse too.

time will tell.

That's sort of my point in all of this.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Devron said:

Petey had an assist, 6 shots and looked pretty engaged tonight. I don’t think this was the game to point fingers at him 

I totally agree. It was nice to see him skating with energy, forechecking, and playing solid defense again.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

time will tell.

from the classic game (before Electronic Arts swallowed up the company & removed it from existance 🕵️‍♀️)..hard to believe game is almost 30 years old now:

• Cheers 1

It sure is easier for some to jump overboard. Than it is to support a team that needs confidence.  Very few on our team are giving thier all. No names given because we know as fans.

We are at the point where analysts and fans did not think our team should be. At this point we usually heard tank for the first. Our team has kicked sand in the naysayers faces.

Our opinions of late are from our wants and not realistic for what we have. Most definitely we can be better. Is our team playing to position an easier playoff opponent? Can't answer that! 

I ,for one, am proud of the progress that was made this year. This looks to have a bright future ahead. Some tweaks are needed, surely to be addressed by those who are in charge.

• Cheers 1

Whatever the reason it's spread throughout the lineup.

Even Podz who was doing great in the AHL, has no goals in 15 games.

The bottom six and any defenceman not named Hughes has to step up their game.

Even Soucy last night looked terrible. And normally the guy is a rock on defence.

The worst case, the team is learning what it takes to be a winner. How long the slog is during the season. And should hopefully learn to get faster, and get more endurance.

And get mentally stronger.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

People wanting to claim "what this team is" didn't give us a shot to be where we are so I'm not sure they're the experts. This team gave itself some breathing room but some here figured we'd be clawing our way in.

don't you know Deb, when you say you are "objective" then it makes your opinion the right one. 

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Out goalied again with deSmith in our net. We need Double Bubble Demko back. The club will look a lot different with him. He breeds confidence in the group because they know they will win the goalie battle. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Last night was the first game I shut off all year. 

Sick of losing to the kings.

We really miss Demko. And Maybe Lindholm too..

Have you seen Elias Pettersson? I think I seen him in Abby on defense... not sure if it's the same guy..

Getting worried..

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Out goalied again with deSmith in our net. We need Double Bubble Demko back. The club will look a lot different with him. He breeds confidence in the group because they know they will win the goalie battle. 

yep. I do think the team can solve the lame use of the 1-3-1 when LA uses it, they showed that last night. Need better net traffic tho, and of course Demko. LA is beatable, but we need a real starter in net. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"Objectively". Your opinion is no more "objective" than the rest of ours.

Think back to how you were adamant Miller was gone. The objective people knew.

I didn't trash the team....I saw them with some great potential because they had players to build around. Like Miller.

Did you see us being on top of the league for a long period (answer is no).

Old Alf feels sorry for fans who clearly don’t have one club they love and put ahead of all others. We see some of those fans here, who are very active in post game talk after we lose but are rarely heard from when we win. 
When our boys celebrate their Cup win this June with a big parade down Georgia the true fans will feel complete joy for our team. We will be happy for our players, and what they accomplished. Those other fans, who clearly don’t put our team first, will never feel that kind of joy. And that’s sad. Sucks to be them! 😭

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yep. I do think the team can solve the lame use of the 1-3-1 when LA uses it, they showed that last night. Need better net traffic tho, and of course Demko. LA is beatable, but we need a real starter in net. 

Again, they only use a defensive structure like that at certain times, the Canucks do it too.  Most teams do......the kings are just better at it than anyone else