[GDT] Vegas @ Vancouver - Monday, April 8th - 7pt/10et - SNP, 650 - Rogers Arena - Vancouver, B.C.

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Not "must win" but pretty close.  Re-establishing our forecheck is crucial against Vegas .  No offense to DeSmith but Silovs has just battled harder and that's what we need right now.  And how about Juuls back in the lineup too? 

Ditto on both fronts. I want to think that Juulsen is dinged up and getting the time to heal before the playoffs because his play in his last few games was way better than we have seen out of Cole. I think Cole needs more rest.

As mentioned previously, the only issue I see with playing Silovs a few games here is DeSmith's conifidence. Having said that, be nice to see what Silovs can do against talent before we make roster decisions in July.

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Just want the team to come out with some hard play and solid execution. 
‘No more nights off, time to set the standard for the playoffs. 

Exactly that. Even on nights where they were off, they brought the work ethic and defensive game. The last month, its just been coasting.....

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm about ready for a win, have come to really hate losing.

I'd LOVE Petey to shine this game....a goal or two would be fantastic. 

Vegas should just stay in Vegas.

We will be the winners on this occasion. Grab your bookie and place your bets on the Canucks !!!

2YHdXovMSv1NtO6V4n.webp

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I hope Silovs gets a try since he’s earned it with his good play lately. But no matter who’s in net the team needs to improve on a lot of different things. 

I’ve been wrong before but I have a solid gut feeling that the team will look good tonight. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The last month, its just been coasting....

I do not think the coaching staff nor the team would agree.

There is a lot going on right now that is not readily apparent.

Everybody is probably working as hard and as intelligently as they are able.

Cheers @BC_Hawk Let's just hope it shows up on the scoreboard tonight.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Realistically, if the Canucks lose 1 more game and lose to the Oilers in a few days, we'll probably lose the division.

Crazy to think with how bad the oilers started and where they are now 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

After tonight we will know what kind of playoff team we have.

I think we won't know until after Round 1 Game 1.  Thinking back to the bubble playoffs, and it looked like the Canucks were gonna fall out of a playoff spot until the 'playoff' began with the play-in round.  The Canucks looked a lot better once the playoffs started. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Canucks have really struggled to find traction against Colorado, Vegas, and LA.

Psychologically, this team needs a win tonight. Above that is we need to see this team get back to a structured game again. They haven't looked good in the details and its showing.

We also need everyone tugging on the same rope, lately its looked like only a few have been doing it. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

After tonight we will know what kind of playoff team we have.

nah. Demko and Lindy are recovering, I think Petey might be nursing something, we're testing out guys like Silovs and Bains. I think they guys know they earned their ticket in, and there's a lot of injury and energy management going on right now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Biggest game of the year.. 😬

For me, the "biggest game of the year" is the last one.  

(I'm not talking about the regular season)

GCG

• Cheers 2

Not confident at all in this game. DeSmith or Silovs?  😬  Does it matter? This team needs Demko to stand on his head to win big games. 

Will Petey show up? If he does, they have a chance. Guess we'll see.

If Petey is injured, why isn't he resting?  Well, my guess is he could still be trying to pad his regular season stats. 

Lay off the Call of Duty Petey, rest that wrist. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

nah. Demko and Lindy are recovering, I think Petey might be nursing something, we're testing out guys like Silovs and Bains. I think they guys know they earned their ticket in, and there's a lot of injury and energy management going on right now. 

I didn't see it but bains was sent down april 4. He had a decent stint

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I didn't see it but bains was sent down april 4. He had a decent stint

Ah missed that as well. He was ok I guess? I didn't really have any expectations. He seemed to improve a bit.

• Cheers 1

Silovs just seems to be a hot/cold guy. When he's hot he is calm and hard to beat. Casey's is fine in short bursts but he's going to give a few.

I just think arturs gives us a better chance to win tonight and lots of teams have used 3 so its a good move. 

That being said, we need to get back to the hard forecheck and finish our chances. Time to start rising up.

Canucks really need to this win. If for no other reason than to slow the cocky Oilers fans down. I work with 2 Oilers fans and they are just the worst. Between now and the playoffs all I care about is winning the division.