[GDT] Vegas @ Vancouver - Monday, April 8th - 7pt/10et - SNP, 650 - Rogers Arena - Vancouver, B.C.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Aman couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag, is it because he's swedish

At this point I just think it's lack of bodies. He could play Suter and PDG but he's not really any better than Aman. Even though he's bigger Aman is faster and plays center.

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Why not the Lotto line and our solid 3rd line. These are the same players we had in January when we have all the success (minus Kuzz) so why aren't we going back to that?

As far as the Lotto line goes, this likely has something to do with it ... (from Feb. 20)

"In seven of their nine games together, including that game against the Rangers, the Lotto Line had a negative corsi, indicating that their opponent had more shot attempts than the Canucks when the Lotto Line was on the ice at 5-on-5. Looking at expected goals, which takes into account shot quality and not just quantity, the Canucks were out-chanced as well in those seven games.

"It wasn’t just that the Lotto Line was out-shot but that they were out-shot significantly by teams like the Buffalo Sabres, Arizona Coyotes, and Chicago Blackhawks — teams at or near the bottom of the NHL standings.

"In addition, after their initial burst of scoring, the goals dried up. The line started out strong in their first four games together, with the Canucks scoring 10 goals at 5-on-5 with the Lotto Line on the ice. But in their last five games together, the Canucks had just one goal at 5-on-5 with the Lotto Line on the ice."

Why haven't the Canucks gone back to the Lotto Line? - Vancouver Is Awesome

Tocchet already knows that line does give us a shot in the arm and boost, but he also knows it can be a liability. Tough call. It either works or it doesn't.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

We had the smallest top 6 in the entire league before the lines got shuffled. 

#40 is not hurt, Dhaliwal and others did look into it. Everytime he does not perform well people assume he is injured. The reality is, he is not able to perform on an elite level at a consistent basis. He can't even drive his own line consistently. 

Playoffs will be a real hard test for the team composition. 

I think Podkolzin earned an opportunity in the top 6 for the rest of the season. He looks way faster than last year and he is doing all the little things right. 

Agree Podz is looking really good. Would like to see him on with Miller actually. Another big body to crash the net and create turnovers.

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

At this point I just think it's lack of bodies. He could play Suter and PDG but he's not really any better than Aman. Even though he's bigger Aman is faster and plays center.

Yeah PDG was OK in spurts but inconsistent.  For my money I'd try Juul's on the 4th just to keep teams honest with his delicious body checks.

Plus Juul's draws penalties. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Happy to see Silovs getting the start tonight 

can’t do any worse than Desmith the last few games, especially the last game when he let in 3 goals before the game was 5 minutes old 2 of which he definitely should have had, that’s deflating to any team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Until Lindholm is back Id like to see this tried out:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Joshua Petersson Garland

Mikheyev Bleugar Suter

Podz Aman Lafferty

Once Lindy is back Bleugar C’s 4th line.  Imo Suter might add some offensive punch lower in the line up

• Cheers 1

Be interesting to see how Silovs does, Vegas is still looking to lock I'm a playoff spot and would likely prefer us or Edmonton over Dallas, they'll come out hard 

Big test for him

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Be interesting to see how Silovs does, Vegas is still looking to lock I'm a playoff spot and would likely prefer us or Edmonton over Dallas, they'll come out hard 

Big test for him

Could be but on the other hand they could be just looking past the Canucks as a team that they’ve typically done super well against and that has been struggling lately on top of that. 

17 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Random trivia ; 

Closest we ever came. Thanks Mike. 

Hope he is having a good life.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

As far as the Lotto line goes, this likely has something to do with it ... (from Feb. 20)

"In seven of their nine games together, including that game against the Rangers, the Lotto Line had a negative corsi, indicating that their opponent had more shot attempts than the Canucks when the Lotto Line was on the ice at 5-on-5. Looking at expected goals, which takes into account shot quality and not just quantity, the Canucks were out-chanced as well in those seven games.

"It wasn’t just that the Lotto Line was out-shot but that they were out-shot significantly by teams like the Buffalo Sabres, Arizona Coyotes, and Chicago Blackhawks — teams at or near the bottom of the NHL standings.

"In addition, after their initial burst of scoring, the goals dried up. The line started out strong in their first four games together, with the Canucks scoring 10 goals at 5-on-5 with the Lotto Line on the ice. But in their last five games together, the Canucks had just one goal at 5-on-5 with the Lotto Line on the ice."

Why haven't the Canucks gone back to the Lotto Line? - Vancouver Is Awesome

Tocchet already knows that line does give us a shot in the arm and boost, but he also knows it can be a liability. Tough call. It either works or it doesn't.

Interesting. I wasn't aware they were so bad defensively.

I wonder if the Minnesota game was included in there. That was a mess of a game and would throw stats way out of wack.

Either way, I'd even be willing to take a loss if it meant Petterson, Miller and Boes started getting hot and had some confidence.

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Closest we ever came. Thanks Mike. 

Hope he is having a good life.

Yes, miss that team! Had little bit of offense, good defense, great grit in bottom six, good hands in bottom six. Great goaltending. If Av started Schneider game four we may have gotten the cup. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Demko doesn't score goals...

Hahahahah good one did you think of that yourself 

no he stops them which is actually more important ( just ask the oilers) 

something desmith hasn’t been able to do since demmers went down. no timely big save that changes the game it’s not desmith fault he’s a career back up and an average goaltender  at best. 

So in case you haven’t notice this team doesn’t win with average goaltending.

4 goals of 16 shots in LA …. But Yeah winnable lololol. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Juul's in please.

Let him hit a couple of their big wingers.

Then he'll draw a retaliation penalty on a clean hit.

Apparently we are avoiding PowerPoint