[GDT] Vegas @ Vancouver - Monday, April 8th - 7pt/10et - SNP, 650 - Rogers Arena - Vancouver, B.C.

3 hours ago, c00kies said:

I'll be happy with a close, competitive game.

Hertl is warming up for Vegas, so they'll be stronger than this game too.

Wow! 

It's a Vegas Miracle! Who would have thought he would be healthy before the playoffs.

Now they just need Stone to come back too. Something tells me he is going to heal up just in time. 

I hope fans brings signs to the game calling Vegas cheaters.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Combover said:

Hahahahah good one did you think of that yourself 

no he stops them which is actually more important ( just ask the oilers) 

something desmith hasn’t been able to do since demmers went down. no timely big save that changes the game it’s not desmith fault he’s a career back up and an average goaltender  at best. 

So in case you haven’t notice this team doesn’t win with average goaltending.

4 goals of 16 shots in LA …. But Yeah winnable lololol. 

I would have responded differently if you didn't include that first sentence. Go be a dick elsewhere.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Difficult times for Canucks and fans. Here we are with 5 games before the Playoffs, and we have a lot of issues that remain unresolved. We don't have any solid lines that are producing points ( post All star game ), our Special teams have declined and our PK especially is costing us games, we've lost our ability to be able to close out games after leads ( pre All star game ), and finally our Goalie situation remains uncertain.

IF we compare our team status to the teams we could face in playoffs, our lines and special teams aren't as solid.

Can we do well in the playoffs when we're playing 500 hockey, our Special teams are costing us games, and Pettersson still is a question mark in playoff hockey?

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

49 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah PDG was OK in spurts but inconsistent.  For my money I'd try Juul's on the 4th just to keep teams honest with his delicious body checks.

Plus Juul's draws penalties. 

Hey, you've been angling for this awhile now. Happy you got your wish and hope Juulsen can do some damage if he gets out there.

• Like 1

I heard the Canucks had a 17 point lead on EDM not too long ago.  It's been a tough go since the ASG break. Losing Joshua's physical presence on the ice and Kuzmenko from the room. Petey's play has gone down the toilet, Lindholm has been a bust and then injured, Demko then gets injured as well and we're seeing why DeSmith was a UFA backup goalie last year. The Canucks are a 0.500 hockey team without Demko in net and Pettersson living up to the hype.

EDM is and has been on fire for months, and that's how you want to be heading into the playoffs. 17 point lead, vanishing fast.

That being said, when the Canucks finish 2nd in the division, who would they play?

• Like 1

If we lose this one - the hockey pundits are saying we'll likely end up finishing in 8th or 9th spot. What a fall from grace! Not only will Edmonton pass us but the leafs could too.  That would be embarressing!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

So instead we put Joshua,Hoglander and Garland in our top 6?

As much skill and energy these guys have I don't know that any of them are actually top 6. The reason the 3rd line was so successful was we had energy guys going against the other teams crap forwards. 

Now we've jumbled it all up and have no high scoring line, no checking line, no speed line...

I don't know how repeating the same lines is going to all of sudden change things.

But I guess that's why I'm not an NHL coach.

I don't disagree with that, actually it underlines what I am saying. This roster is not deep enough. Canucks are 2 top 6 forwards short.

I would prefer to go back to the original 3rd line. I also like Boeser more with Miller. 

Maybe 

21 9 6

40 23 92

81 53 8

65 24 18

It still may take a while before the Canucks reach depth like Dallas. 

This season was fun and I am very excited to see playoff hockey. But I am a little surprised that the Canucks were able to stay right at the top of the conference. The top 6 feels stitched together with players that should not be there, and Pettersson who's having not half the impact that Garland has on the team at the moment. The bottom 6 is small and somewhat soft. And on defense another top 4 defenseman is needed. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I heard the Canucks had a 17 point lead on EDM not too long ago.  It's been a tough go since the ASG break. Losing Joshua's physical presence on the ice and Kuzmenko from the room. Petey's play has gone down the toilet, Lindholm has been a bust and then injured, Demko then gets injured as well and we're seeing why DeSmith was a UFA backup goalie last year. The Canucks are a 0.500 hockey team without Demko in net and Pettersson living up to the hype.

EDM is and has been on fire for months, and that's how you want to be heading into the playoffs. 17 point lead, vanishing fast.

That being said, when the Canucks finish 2nd in the division, who would they play?

LA or VGK. Nashville would be out of the equation and I would very much like to play Nashville.

Just now, Bounce000 said:

LA or VGK. Nashville would be out of the equation and I would very much like to play Nashville.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't care about which team the Canucks have to face. In order to win the cup and to be the best team in the league you have to beat everyone else. If we are afraid to get eliminated by L.A. for example, then maybe we are not strong enough and don't deserve to lift the cup. Bring on whoever dares. 

Home advantage on the other hand is a nice thing to have. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If we lose this one - the hockey pundits are saying we'll likely end up finishing in 8th or 9th spot. What a fall from grace! Not only will Edmonton pass us but the leafs could too.  That would be embarressing!

I don't care where we finish in the standings, it's how we do in the playoffs that matter. Although we picked a bad time to lose our solid defensive habits. We looked good for about 9 games. Then the last few happened and we are hanging our goalies out to dry. DeSmith can only do so much. There's a reason he's a backup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Everything is true except few things.Lindholm is not bust.New guy ,new system.Need time.Oilers had no injuries.but must admit,good team.What Kuzmenko doing in locker room that make him special guy.?Sucking dick to teammates???Give me a break.Everyone can be clown for fun.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's not the players who are afraid. 😉

Right, I agree. That's what I meant. For the most part I try to avoid saying "we" when talking about the Canucks this "we" was indeed aiming for the fanbase. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I have come to the conclusion that I don't care about which team the Canucks have to face. In order to win the cup and to be the best team in the league you have to beat everyone else. If we are afraid to get eliminated by L.A. for example, then maybe we are not strong enough and don't deserve to lift the cup. Bring on whoever dares. 

Home advantage on the other hand is a nice thing to have. 

1000% agreed.

Yes, we are floundering a bit to end the regular season. But teams should be just as afraid of playing us. 

I really think EP40 is the X-factor here. He was the Gold God in Sweden, after all!
If he can elevate his game and get to even the bottom of the MacKinnon, Matthews, McDavid tier of players, that's a scary piece when you've already got gamebreakers in Hughes, Miller, and Demko.

Would I prefer our team game was in better form going into the playoffs? Definitely. But this team has been fantastic all year long, and we have a group of guys who will not go down without a fight.

2 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Everything is true except few things.Lindholm is not bust.New guy ,new system.Need time.Oilers had no injuries.but must admit,good team.What Kuzmenko doing in locker room that make him special guy.?Sucking dick to teammates???Give me a break.Everyone can be clown for fun.

If you think about it, it's not that far fetched. If you have someone at work within your team that is very liked and that person leaves, it can be a downer. It should not rattle hockey pros to much but in a league that close in performance, little things can make the difference. 

That said, I don't believe the trade has made a significant contribution to the downfall since the all-star break. 

The Lindholm case is tricky. Other than the one season when he played on "the best first line in hockey" he did not really produce much before or after that. He is still trying to ride on that reputation for his next contract. But, similar to Pettersson, if the playoff performance is stellar, no one cares about the regular season. 

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I agree Silov's should start.

But, not at the expense of disparaging what DeSmith has done for us this year.

DeSmith has 11 wins 9 losses

My take:

28 games - 79 goals allowed
53 GA at even strength 
24 GA on the pp   
*2 shorties allowed on pk

6 of his Losses were in overtime;
in one OT Loss we only scored 1 goal, vs Minn, no goal support.

Even if we win 2 of those 6 OT losses his record would be 13 and 7, which i think would have been completely possible. And would have been totally awesome. 

March games -  5W -  6L
Almost .500 which would be good for a back up, not great, but ok.
Also in March he has 29 GA total but,
12 GA in the LAST 2 games, Vegas-LA
It's  not as horrific as many are saying.

Also note:

Some of these pp goals are questionable calls and terrible 5 on 3's opportunities against.

In 14 games he's allowed 2 goals or less.

His last 4 losses were Dallas, Vegas, and LA twice. Tough tough teams.
Add to this that the team defense AND scoring lately has been subpar. Like bad.

And our pp sucks donkey ass.

I think there's enough blame to go around.  I think DeSmith is taking too much of the heat. Other teams know this; and he would be a valuable piece to trade not dump like some are suggesting, fkn haters.
Lets not undersell his accomplishments.

Well said and I agree completely. If this team wants to be taken seriously (and I know they aren’t the ones dumping on DeSmith) these are the types of challenges they need to overcome. 

and in a way, already at 100+ points, they have.  Even if we had won the last few games due to Demko or goalie heroics I don’t think we should be any happier (though I’m sure we would be.)

Losing makes the task crystal clear:  clean up the special teams and find a way to generate a little more at 5 on 5.  We still have time to figure it out and some quality opponents to do it against. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

BIGGEST GAME

BIG TEST

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

SILOVS

HEALTHY DEMKO DIFFERENCE

KEEP YOUR PANTS ON

JUST WIN

GO BACK TO OLD LINES

WHY

gioated-family-guy.gif

53 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

We will finish 1st. And yeah we were 17 points ahead at one point but all season Edmonton had 4-7 games in hand and sure they won those games. 

Until Edmonton puts us in 2nd place why are we talking about being in 2nd, Edmonton has been licking our ass all season and will finish that way especially when we sweep the season series against them. 

Canucks just made it interesting by resting Demko (this years Vezina finalist) 

so simmer down, grab some popcorn as the boys ramp it up starting tonight.

Go Canucks :towel:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

We will finish 1st. And yeah we were 17 points ahead at one point but all season Edmonton had 4-7 games in hand and sure they won those games. 

Until Edmonton puts us in 2nd place why are we talking about being in 2nd, Edmonton has been licking our ass all season and will finish that way especially when we sweep the season series against them. 

Canucks just made it interesting by resting Demko (this years Vezina finalist) 

so simmer down, grab some popcorn as the boys ramp it up starting tonight.

Go Canucks :towel:

I like the swing of your jib.

• Haha 1