[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights - April 8th, 2024

MikeyD

3 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Kevin Woodley writing that Hughes scored on Silovs. Pretty stupid mistake to make for a professional sports writer.

‘Hughes tied it 2-2 with another power-play goal at 14:26, beating Silovs low with a point shot through a screen by Garland and Elias Pettersson.”

Testament to the effort these guys put in. 

Next to Hughes, Garland is the best skater on the team.  He is so quick around the net and on the boards.  The other defenders have major problems trying to staple him to the boards behind their net.  Fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

That was definitely a tough win tonight. Good on the boys to not get in their own heads being down 2-0.

Would have been super easy for them to write the game off at that point.

Finally got some PP goals!

Did good 5 vs 5.

If we can get the PK back up to snuff( which likely requires Lindholm and Demko back)

Then we might be ok!

Hopefully they carry this momentum into Wednesday. A win against Arizona and a loss for Edm against a pissed off VGK team and we set ourselves up to win the division on Saturday!

Edited by JayDangles

Totally different team on the ice last night. The amount of traffic they put in front of the VGK goalie was what solidified the win. 

The Boeser, Hughes and Garlands 1st where all scored because of bodies in front of the net. Garlands 2nd was being at the right place for a rebound.

This is something the boys have been lacking. Such a great feeling when playing the right way produces instant results.

It was definitely Peteys best game in the last 12? Although he didn't individually generate much, his net front presence was a factor on both PP goals. Hopefully that gives him some confidence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Who misses games in the age of PVRs?

For real. With work and young kids I probably watch more games on the PVR later at night than I do watching games live (unfortunately). Glad I was able to catch this one fairly close to live tonight. Great comeback win for the boys!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Vegas going to be a miserable bunch going into Edmonton Wednesday night. 

Question is… do they really want to win that game? Vegas passing LA increases the odds of an Oiler vs Knights first round. I’d like to see it however I’m not sure they do. 

If Vegas doesn't pass LA...they'll be facing the Dallas Stars in the first round.

Dallas looks like a tougher matchup than Edmonton at this point. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Kevin Woodley writing that Hughes scored on Silovs. Pretty stupid mistake to make for a professional sports writer.

‘Hughes tied it 2-2 with another power-play goal at 14:26, beating Silovs low with a point shot through a screen by Garland and Elias Pettersson.”

An even bigger mistake you reading that drivel. 😂 Just joking ... That's a pretty honest mistake though. I'll take a simple unintentional goalie swap over 90% of these bloggers, or asshats like Drance talking out of their aholes and trying to create a controversy.

Yeah, not good proofreading though, which seems to have gone out the window in "reporting" these days.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1