[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights - April 8th, 2024

MikeyD

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Crazy that no canucks player hit 40 goals between 2010-11 and now.

Yet another record for this team, plus the home win vs vegas, plus the ny away swing plus the career highs...lots of reasons to believe.

Im just trying to enjoy the ride.  sports has a way of not always going according to plan.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Likely no Demko tomorrow. 

But here's the big question. Do you out him in Saturday against the Oilers?

Depending on how tomorrow goes, Saturday might be an absolutely huge game for the Pacific standings.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

even the crappiest teams in the league usually win 20 or more games. Not sure what your point is. 

My point is Dallas is not the mighty powerhouse some folks around here claim them to be. They have the defence but pale in offence versus other contenders.

Any of the 10 top NHL teams right now can win the Cup in a 7 game series. It’s a very rare event. There is no one clear cut favourite whatsoever 

• Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Likely no Demko tomorrow. 

But here's the big question. Do you out him in Saturday against the Oilers?

Depending on how tomorrow goes, Saturday might be an absolutely huge game for the Pacific standings.

Dem needs games before the playoffs. He has to play once he has the green light to go.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My bet is next game or the one after that. At this point, team has to know how strong he is.

I bet he plays against the Oilers

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

My point is Dallas is not the mighty powerhouse some folks around here claim them to be. They have the defence but pale in offence versus other contenders.

Any of the 10 top NHL teams right now can win the Cup in a 7 game series. It’s a very rare event. There is no one clear cut favourite whatsoever 

They are second in the league in goals scored with 290, 1 behind Avs.

They have 8 20+ goal scorers. 
Oh and first in goal differential by a lot. While Oettenger has been sub par for him. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Their offence is insanely deep and skilled throughout, laden with veteran leadership. They are a huge threat. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

15 plus years of posting
its not actually that many compared to a lot of the regular posters around here.

50,000 posts what up?

And even that makes me a rookie compared to Vintage. 😂 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Crazy that no canucks player hit 40 goals between 2010-11 and now.

Yet another record for this team, plus the home win vs vegas, plus the ny away swing plus the career highs...lots of reasons to believe.

It's a special time and a special season. This is really what fans were wanting years ago on these boards. It's here now and amazing to see Brock stepping into that 40 goal scorer we knew he could become after so much adversity.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I know that any team we get in round one will have the ability to beat us, the West is stacked this year, but I think I'd rather play Vegas than LA/Nashville.  Sure they get Stone back after not playing in months, but I think we match up well against them.  Getting Demko and Lindholm back will be huge for us.  Lindholm gives us many more options down the middle, and even if he doesn't produce a ton of points, he helps us all over the ice.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Dallas is second in the entire league in goals for. They have the offense.

It really doesn't matter who the Canucks play, they'll have home-ice and the Canucks fans will be loud. We might possibly see the Green Men again for those games. It will be raucous and opponents will hate it. Love it. 

They looked really good against the reigning champs, and beat them.

Let's say the Canucks face Vegas in the first round. So what, Vegas gets Stone back.  Canucks will get Demko and Lindholm back, and that beautiful home-ice advantage.  I like our chances. 

I miss knowing what a penalty was.  Remember when you saw an obvious penalty and it didn't matter what the score was or if one team already had a couple power plays it didn't matter because you always knew what a penalty when it was obvious.  This play could have blown out Zadorov's knee.  Looks like an obvious 5 and a game.

Edited by Pure961089

24 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I miss knowing what a penalty was.  Remember when you saw an obvious penalty and it didn't matter what the score was or if one team already had a couple power plays it didn't matter because you always knew what a penalty when it was obvious.  This play could have blown out Zadorov's knee.  Looks like an obvious 5 and a game.

Zadorov would have had to be stretchered off for it to be more than two. That’s what we’re up against. 

I agree though other than hitting from behind the slew foot is probably the most dangerous play you can make.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

From what I’ve seen from Silovs he’s one of those goalies that doesn’t let the last goal affect him. Seems very calm and composed.

Kind of like Demko. Even he lets in the odd softie but when the game is tight he locks it down.

Markstrom did that all the time.   First shot or two in the game "GOAL!" for the bad guys.    It's mental for some.  Markstrom was no Luongo or McLean.  Demko i'm not sure what he is yet. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Not a huge believer in numerology as a basis for gambling, dating, travel plans or any other major life decisions but find it a source of intrigue and even fascination at times when numbers land and align in interesting or surprising ways.

Many of you may recall Hank and Danny's last game and how the final score was 4-3 and the clock read 2:27 of OT (essentially 22:33 of the 3rd period). Always found that pretty cool although more so had we won 3-2 lol

Well, great push back, overall play and end result aside, another thing I like last night is how Garly played in his FOUR hundredth game and Brock potted his FO(U)Rtieth goal and we now have FOUR games remaining until we need FOUR wins in FOUR playoff rounds to bring home The Cup from our FOURth trip to the final.

Work with me ppl!!! IT'S A SIGN!!! >,<

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Should of been a suspension for intent to injure and Pietrangelo's fake high stick head snap should of been a fine the next day. But not gonna happen in this crooked league. Imagine if Zadorov did that to one of the Vegas players!?

• Cheers 3